The tits and tats of witnesses, this includes Hunter

Dems do realize that witnesses mean BOTH parties are calling witnesses right? Something like, Bolton for Biden, Mik for Whistleblower, etc.

I hear pundits saying that Biden won’t get called because he isn’t relevant to the charges but that argument makes no sense to me as he is at the heart of the accusations. Showing Hunter as corrupt disproves the accusations that Trumps “favor” was politically motivated... it’s Trumps only significant argument!

can somebody make the case for me why they don’t think Hunter would get called?

Huh?

Biden has nothing to do with Trump's actions. There is nothing Biden could say that would shed any light on what Trump is accused of doing.
Trump is accused of abusing power by asking Ukraine to investigate Biden for political purposes. If Biden was in fact doing something illegal then it is not political purposes anymore but becomes a matter of law enforcement. That make Hunter very relevant to the Reps and be sure it will be the case they will push.

There is absolutely no evidence of wrongdoing by the Bidens. Certainly testimony in this context would not change that.

Any possible corruption on the part of the Bidens does not excuse the actions of Trump, Giuliani or their henchmen.

Dems do realize that witnesses mean BOTH parties are calling witnesses right? Something like, Bolton for Biden, Mik for Whistleblower, etc.

I hear pundits saying that Biden won’t get called because he isn’t relevant to the charges but that argument makes no sense to me as he is at the heart of the accusations. Showing Hunter as corrupt disproves the accusations that Trumps “favor” was politically motivated... it’s Trumps only significant argument!

Huh?

Biden has nothing to do with Trump's actions. There is nothing Biden could say that would shed any light on what Trump is accused of doing.
If the corruption was true, it woulf justify trumps actions.
Would it? How does that prove he wasn’t politically motivated?
I said it justifies his actions.

No it doesn't. Not in any way.
If there was corruption, it wouldnt justify the president doing his job? Lol ok

Huh?

The President is not an all powerful King and doesn't have the power to declare a US Citizens guilty or not.

Huh?

It doesn’t. Let’s say a cop doesn’t like someone and he pulls him over for no reason. The cop finds a bag of pot in the back seat. Does that bag of pot justify the cop’s actions?
you are correct, however there was an appearance of impropriety and if crimes get uncovered it’s going to be disastrous to the Dems case. Remember this isn’t a legal court, it is a political impeachment. I think it’s obvious that Trump did this for political purposes but it’s very hard to prove and with enough dirt
thrown at Hunter it is going to swallow up the point the Dems are trying to make. This impeachment is going to be a royal disaster. Both parties are pretty much beyond reproach at this point.

Let’s take a step back and look at the big picture.

Trump is being impeached for pushing a politically motivated investigation of his opponent.

And Republicans are saying that as part of the trial for this high crime and misdemeanor, we should do the investigation that Trump is being impeached for?

It boggles the mind.

Huh?

No it doesn't. Not in any way.
If there was corruption, it wouldnt justify the president doing his job? Lol ok

Investigating corruption is not the job of the president.

You are wrong. The trial is about Trump and impeachment. Biden and Hunter have nothing to do with that at all. Trump,Rudy, and his cabal were working Zelensky and the diplomats to assist trump in his pressure scheme to help his campaign..\
Hunter had a job as a lobbyist. That is legal and not connected to what Trump was doing.

Trump is accused of abusing power by asking Ukraine to investigate Biden for political purposes.

Well it was more of a demand than an ask, to announce the investigations of a US Citizen based on his word alone. Not by evidence submitted by his AG through proper channels. Yeah that's unacceptable corruption using the full faith and money of the entire government to attack a full half of our established two party system. If the Senate wont remove him, the people will.

Huh?

Trump is accused of abusing power by asking Ukraine to investigate Biden for political purposes. If Biden was in fact doing something illegal then it is not political purposes anymore but becomes a matter of law enforcement. That make Hunter very relevant to the Reps and be sure it will be the case they will push.

There is absolutely no evidence of wrongdoing by the Bidens. Certainly testimony in this context would not change that.

Any possible corruption on the part of the Bidens does not excuse the actions of Trump, Giuliani or their henchmen.
That is certainly the point the Dems will make but if you think that is going to work to not get Hunter called as a witness and questioned then I think you are mistaken. As I said, he is at the center of trumps case.

It doesn’t. Let’s say a cop doesn’t like someone and he pulls him over for no reason. The cop finds a bag of pot in the back seat. Does that bag of pot justify the cop’s actions?
you are correct, however there was an appearance of impropriety and if crimes get uncovered it’s going to be disastrous to the Dems case. Remember this isn’t a legal court, it is a political impeachment. I think it’s obvious that Trump did this for political purposes but it’s very hard to prove and with enough dirt
thrown at Hunter it is going to swallow up the point the Dems are trying to make. This impeachment is going to be a royal disaster. Both parties are pretty much beyond reproach at this point.

Let’s take a step back and look at the big picture.

Trump is being impeached for pushing a politically motivated investigation of his opponent.

And Republicans are saying that as part of the trial for this high crime and misdemeanor, we should do the investigation that Trump is being impeached for?

It boggles the mind.
Close, the republicans don’t think the investigation request was baseless and politically motivated. They want to present their justification for calling on Ukraine to investigate because making a corruption case will show legit motivation and not political which is why trump is being impeached. That’s the center of this conflict. Political theater will take over and the press will run wild with accusations... it’s gonna get ugly

You are wrong. The trial is about Trump and impeachment. Biden and Hunter have nothing to do with that at all. Trump,Rudy, and his cabal were working Zelensky and the diplomats to assist trump in his pressure scheme to help his campaign..\
Hunter had a job as a lobbyist. That is legal and not connected to what Trump was doing.
trumps call to investigate Biden is why he is being impeached. The Dems say it is an abuse of power because it’s politically motivated. The only defense Trump has is “No it wasn’t politically motivated... he was likely breaking the law, this is why an investigation was warranted...” they would then proceed to show why they think there was enough evidence to call for an investigation. Hunter will certainly be the top wittiness the Reps will want to call. You do see that right?

Trump is accused of abusing power by asking Ukraine to investigate Biden for political purposes.

Well it was more of a demand than an ask, to announce the investigations of a US Citizen based on his word alone. Not by evidence submitted by his AG through proper channels. Yeah that's unacceptable corruption using the full faith and money of the entire government to attack a full half of our established two party system. If the Senate wont remove him, the people will.
I understand the argument and my opinion is that Trump is dirty... my opinion aside I’m making a realistic assessment of how this thing plays out and there is no way the Dems get witnesses without the Reps getting Biden. Biden’s corruption is their whole case!

Whether Hunter Biden was corrupt or not is irrelevant to the charges. It was illegal for the President to ask for an investigation of ANY American, in exchange for military aid. Period. End of story.

It is illegal for the US President to withhold foreign aid for ANY reason, once Congress and the Senate have approved it.

It is illegal to ask a foreign government to interfere with an American election to aid any candidate.

NONE of these things have anything whatsoever to do with Hunter Biden.

Showing Hunter as corrupt disproves the accusations that Trumps “favor” was politically motivated

Hunter has not been charged with a crime in the USA or in The Ukraine.
Neither has Trump.

He has been Impeached.
For Trump “impeachment” is only a word. One that doesn’t pack much of a punch. Like the deplorables, his impeachment will be a badge of honor he will wear to show how the establishment was out to get him. His supporters will love it and it will make his base stronger.

Huh?

That is certainly the point the Dems will make but if you think that is going to work to not get Hunter called as a witness and questioned then I think you are mistaken. As I said, he is at the center of trumps case.

No.
The case is made. The Bidens have no active role in that case.
The Bidens are at the center of Trump's excuse. Not his case.

Do you believe that Senators believe that the Bidens would testify to and admit corruption? Of course not. I guarantee they would never be called. Not with a simple majority vote.

Huh?

The President is not an all powerful King and doesn't have the power to declare a US Citizens guilty or not.
I agree. Yoo bad he didnt do that huh

Whether Hunter Biden was corrupt or not is irrelevant to the charges. It was illegal for the President to ask for an investigation of ANY American, in exchange for military aid. Period. End of story.

It is illegal for the US President to withhold foreign aid for ANY reason, once Congress and the Senate have approved it.

It is illegal to ask a foreign government to interfere with an American election to aid any candidate.

NONE of these things have anything whatsoever to do with Hunter Biden.
Except for the Dems keep repeating the point that trump abused his power by asking for a politically motivated investigation. That’s stated in the articles. Since that is what he is being accused of he has the right to defend himself against it. His defense against that point is that Biden was corrupt so the investigation was not politically motivated. See what I mean

Forum List

Back