The tits and tats of witnesses, this includes Hunter

If the corruption was true, it woulf justify trumps actions.
Would it? How does that prove he wasn’t politically motivated?
I said it justifies his actions.

No it doesn't. Not in any way.
If there was corruption, it wouldnt justify the president doing his job? Lol ok

Investigating corruption is not the job of the president.
He was investigating anything.
Good gawd man.

Dems do realize that witnesses mean BOTH parties are calling witnesses right? Something like, Bolton for Biden, Mik for Whistleblower, etc.

I hear pundits saying that Biden won’t get called because he isn’t relevant to the charges but that argument makes no sense to me as he is at the heart of the accusations. Showing Hunter as corrupt disproves the accusations that Trumps “favor” was politically motivated... it’s Trumps only significant argument!

can somebody make the case for me why they don’t think Hunter would get called?

Huh?

Biden has nothing to do with Trump's actions. There is nothing Biden could say that would shed any light on what Trump is accused of doing.
Trump is accused of abusing power by asking Ukraine to investigate Biden for political purposes. If Biden was in fact doing something illegal then it is not political purposes anymore but becomes a matter of law enforcement. That make Hunter very relevant to the Reps and be sure it will be the case they will push.

There is absolutely no evidence of wrongdoing by the Bidens. Certainly testimony in this context would not change that.

Any possible corruption on the part of the Bidens does not excuse the actions of Trump, Giuliani or their henchmen.
That is certainly the point the Dems will make but if you think that is going to work to not get Hunter called as a witness and questioned then I think you are mistaken. As I said, he is at the center of trumps case.

No.
The case is made. The Bidens have no active role in that case.
The Bidens are at the center of Trump's excuse. Not his case.

Do you believe that Senators believe that the Bidens would testify to and admit corruption? Of course not. I guarantee they would never be called. Not with a simple majority vote.
We shall see. I don’t see the needed republicans voting for Bolton and not Biden

It doesn’t. Let’s say a cop doesn’t like someone and he pulls him over for no reason. The cop finds a bag of pot in the back seat. Does that bag of pot justify the cop’s actions?
you are correct, however there was an appearance of impropriety and if crimes get uncovered it’s going to be disastrous to the Dems case. Remember this isn’t a legal court, it is a political impeachment. I think it’s obvious that Trump did this for political purposes but it’s very hard to prove and with enough dirt
thrown at Hunter it is going to swallow up the point the Dems are trying to make. This impeachment is going to be a royal disaster. Both parties are pretty much beyond reproach at this point.

Let’s take a step back and look at the big picture.

Trump is being impeached for pushing a politically motivated investigation of his opponent.

And Republicans are saying that as part of the trial for this high crime and misdemeanor, we should do the investigation that Trump is being impeached for?

It boggles the mind.
Close, the republicans don’t think the investigation request was baseless and politically motivated. They want to present their justification for calling on Ukraine to investigate because making a corruption case will show legit motivation and not political which is why trump is being impeached. That’s the center of this conflict. Political theater will take over and the press will run wild with accusations... it’s gonna get ugly

Trump’s motivation can only be informed by information available to him at the time. Any information uncovered after the fact cannot change that.

It doesn’t. Let’s say a cop doesn’t like someone and he pulls him over for no reason. The cop finds a bag of pot in the back seat. Does that bag of pot justify the cop’s actions?
you are correct, however there was an appearance of impropriety and if crimes get uncovered it’s going to be disastrous to the Dems case. Remember this isn’t a legal court, it is a political impeachment. I think it’s obvious that Trump did this for political purposes but it’s very hard to prove and with enough dirt
thrown at Hunter it is going to swallow up the point the Dems are trying to make. This impeachment is going to be a royal disaster. Both parties are pretty much beyond reproach at this point.

Trump is being impeached for pushing a politically motivated investigation of his opponent.

And Republicans are saying that as part of the trial for this high crime and misdemeanor, we should do the investigation that Trump is being impeached for?

It boggles the mind.
Close, the republicans don’t think the investigation request was baseless and politically motivated. They want to present their justification for calling on Ukraine to investigate because making a corruption case will show legit motivation and not political which is why trump is being impeached. That’s the center of this conflict. Political theater will take over and the press will run wild with accusations... it’s gonna get ugly

Trump’s motivation can only be informed by information available to him at the time. Any information uncovered after the fact cannot change that.
In a court of law I agree, in the court of public opinion I think that point gets lost and I don’t think it keeps the Reps from steam rolling the attacks on Biden

Dems do realize that witnesses mean BOTH parties are calling witnesses right? Something like, Bolton for Biden, Mik for Whistleblower, etc.

I hear pundits saying that Biden won’t get called because he isn’t relevant to the charges but that argument makes no sense to me as he is at the heart of the accusations. Showing Hunter as corrupt disproves the accusations that Trumps “favor” was politically motivated... it’s Trumps only significant argument!

Huh?

Biden has nothing to do with Trump's actions. There is nothing Biden could say that would shed any light on what Trump is accused of doing.

You do realize your example is exactly how Mueller was able to get any indictments in the Russia investigation...

You are wrong. The trial is about Trump and impeachment. Biden and Hunter have nothing to do with that at all. Trump,Rudy, and his cabal were working Zelensky and the diplomats to assist trump in his pressure scheme to help his campaign..\
Hunter had a job as a lobbyist. That is legal and not connected to what Trump was doing.
trumps call to investigate Biden is why he is being impeached. The Dems say it is an abuse of power because it’s politically motivated. The only defense Trump has is “No it wasn’t politically motivated... he was likely breaking the law, this is why an investigation was warranted...” they would then proceed to show why they think there was enough evidence to call for an investigation. Hunter will certainly be the top wittiness the Reps will want to call. You do see that right?
LOL....
Keep looking for that "Biden evidence" as the evidence of corruption in Ukraine against Trump, Giuliani and their henchmen keeps piling up.

What does Hunter Biden have to do with Trump abusing his power? Let's say Biden the Junior did work for a corrupt company. What does that have to do with military aid for Ukraine? Do we or do we not have institutions that could perform an actual corruption investigation that doesn't play like a "drug deal"?

You are wrong. The trial is about Trump and impeachment. Biden and Hunter have nothing to do with that at all. Trump,Rudy, and his cabal were working Zelensky and the diplomats to assist trump in his pressure scheme to help his campaign..\
Hunter had a job as a lobbyist. That is legal and not connected to what Trump was doing.
trumps call to investigate Biden is why he is being impeached. The Dems say it is an abuse of power because it’s politically motivated. The only defense Trump has is “No it wasn’t politically motivated... he was likely breaking the law, this is why an investigation was warranted...” they would then proceed to show why they think there was enough evidence to call for an investigation. Hunter will certainly be the top wittiness the Reps will want to call. You do see that right?
LOL....
Keep looking for that "Biden evidence" as the evidence of corruption in Ukraine against Trump, Giuliani and their henchmen keeps piling up.
that's exactly my point. They will keep digging into Biden, that is their focus. You don’t get Bolton without Biden. And how sure are you that Bolton is going to damn Trump?

Huh?

You do realize your example is exactly how Mueller was able to get any indictments in the Russia investigation...
Really? Where did that happen?

What does Hunter Biden have to do with Trump abusing his power? Let's say Biden the Junior did work for a corrupt company. What does that have to do with military aid for Ukraine? Do we or do we not have institutions that could perform an actual corruption investigation that doesn't play like a "drug deal"?
Trumps “political motivation” for calling on an investigation into Biden is a major talking point and focus of the articles of impeachment. That makes that a point of contention and thus makes it relevant.

Showing Hunter as corrupt disproves the accusations that Trumps “favor” was politically motivated

Hunter has not been charged with a crime in the USA or in The Ukraine.
Neither has Trump.

He has been Impeached.

By a 100% partisan vote and even there one person switched parties and another voted "present". Hardly compelling.

So? Biden hasn't even been accused of a crime. What did he witness of Trumps "Shakedown" that he could possibly shed light on? Was he in on the phone call. Was he in on the scheme to oust the Ambassador? Did he witness any of the conversation between the Ghouliguy and Trumpybear or any of the other principles involved in the shakedown?

I don't care if they call him, I just think it would be a loss for the Trumpublicans, proving they are not serious.

It boggles the mind.

In a court of law I agree, in the court of public opinion I think that point gets lost and I don’t think it keeps the Reps from steam rolling the attacks on Biden

The point will then be made that the Republicans will be doing exactly what the president is accused of doing. Smearing his political opponent with the result of gaining advantage without any evidence of corruption whatsoever.

Public opinion will not favor that play.

Good gawd man.

Good gawd man.

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

Good gawd man.

Good gawd man.

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.
He wasn't investigating.
Damn phone

Trumps “political motivation” for calling on an investigation into Biden is a major talking point and focus of the articles of impeachment. That makes that a point of contention and thus makes it relevant.

It was political motivated to demand a public announcement of a Biden investigation, not evidence driven. That makes all the difference.

It boggles the mind.

The point will then be made that the Republicans will be doing exactly what the president is accused of doing. Smearing his political opponent with the result of gaining advantage without any evidence of corruption whatsoever.

Public opinion will not favor that play.
Dems won’t favor that play, I agree there, but republicans will favor it, which is why Biden will get called as a witness and his associations will be exploited.

Forum List

Back