Zone1 The term "Personal relationship with Jesus" is not in the Bible

Because you all but worship her.
Not at all. Remember, I have mother issues.

If I were a psychologist, I would wonder about your resentment towards Mary and how she was favored by God. Is jealousy at play that a mere woman could be so greatly blessed?

Are you thinking it would have been better had Jesus been raised by wolves out in the wilderness, than have a holy woman as his mother?

If 'respect' and or 'honor' is what you define as "almost" worship her, then everyone you respect and honor you are "almost" worshiping.

Frankly, most Catholics (even me with my mommy issues) are in awe of the part God (and Jesus) played in Mary's life. We are in awe of the power of God and the results of trusting in--having faith in--that power. Her child would be called a mamzer, a child with no legitimate father. A mamzer paid a price in Jewish society--and so did his mother.

Not at all. Remember, I have mother issues.

If I were a psychologist, I would wonder about your resentment towards Mary and how she was favored by God. Is jealousy at play that a mere woman could be so greatly blessed?

Are you thinking it would have been better had Jesus been raised by wolves out in the wilderness, than have a holy woman as his mother?

If 'respect' and or 'honor' is what you define as "almost" worship her, then everyone you respect and honor you are "almost" worshiping.

Frankly, most Catholics (even me with my mommy issues) are in awe of the part God (and Jesus) played in Mary's life. We are in awe of the power of God and the results of trusting in--having faith in--that power. Her child would be called a mamzer, a child with no legitimate father. A mamzer paid a price in Jewish society--and so did his mother.
No one denies that Mary was obedient to God and that she was blessed as a consequence. I do not envy her because God chose her for a specific task and He chooses me for things I'm supposed to do.

Now, would you agree that Psalm 69 is Messianic? Specifically this passage:

7 For I endure scorn for your sake,
and shame covers my face.
8 I am a foreigner to my own family,
a stranger to my own mother’s children;
9 for zeal for your house consumes me,
and the insults of those who insult you fall on me.

Why would the writer use the term "my own mother's children"? David, who wrote the Psalm, shared both mother and father with his brothers. Who do we know that shared a mother with his siblings but not a father?

Well, Hadit is on Ignore so I don't know what's going on w/ this topic

But again.. Protestants go on and on (the term Virtue signalling comes to mind) about how they stick to the Bible.. stick to the Bible, Everyone! Stick to the Bible

yet they have these extraneous doctrines that strangely cannot be found in the Bible... sometimes not even implicitly... but they don't care or claim to not care about IMPLICITLY

They claim we need to stick to the Bible, what it says EXPLICITLY! If it is not found explicitly in the Bible, they claim we are to reject it.. JUST REJECT IT! IT'S FAKE... THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IS THE WHORE OF...

whatever...

But even the Bible says that if everything Jesus did and said were to be written down, the whole world ..

well, here it is... Jn 20:25

iu

Well, Hadit is on Ignore so I don't know what's going on w/ this topic

But again.. Protestants go on and on (the term Virtue signalling comes to mind) about how they stick to the Bible.. stick to the Bible, Everyone! Stick to the Bible

yet they have these extraneous doctrines that strangely cannot be found in the Bible... sometimes not even implicitly... but they don't care or claim to not care about IMPLICITLY

They claim we need to stick to the Bible, what it says EXPLICITLY! If it is not found explicitly in the Bible, they claim we are to reject it.. JUST REJECT IT! IT'S FAKE... THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IS THE WHORE OF...

whatever...

But even the Bible says that if everything Jesus did and said were to be written down, the whole world ..

well, here it is... Jn 20:25

iu
Since you have me on ignore, that leaves me free to post whatever I want about what you say for everyone to see without any rebuttal from you. Are you sure that's a real wise thing to do?

The problem comes in when you give extra-Biblical things authority equal to and greater than Scripture itself. You've already stated that you don't rely solely on the Scriptures, which leaves you wide open to heresy. It comes down to this, what do you do when you believe something that is actually contrary to the Scriptures, do you cast it aside or do you cling to it and elevate it above God's Word?

Does BSF have no response to #545?

He seems to be essentially saying that everything we have need of to get into Heaven is written down in the Bible, but that is a self-refuting belief because the Bible... well, see 545

Forum List

Back