Zone1 The term "Personal relationship with Jesus" is not in the Bible

I am saying that Mary praying with us and for us is no different than you praying for the world. You criticize Mary for what she is doing while likely patting yourself on the back for doing the same thing.
How do you know she's praying for the world and what do you do with the millions who ask her to pray for their particular requests? What Scripture supports the idea that she's praying for the world?

Excuse me. You are the one ascribing divine characteristics to Mary. No Catholic ever does and nor does any Catholic writing. So why are you ascribing divine characteristics to Mary?
I have asked you before, and I'm asking you again how she can handle the millions of people asking her to pray for something if she is not divine.

How do you know she's praying for the world and what do you do with the millions who ask her to pray for their particular requests? What Scripture supports the idea that she's praying for the world?
So you don't think Mary is praying. Do you believe anyone prays in heaven?

I have asked you before, and I'm asking you again how she can handle the millions of people asking her to pray for something if she is not divine.
Asked and answered. How can you pray for the world if you are not divine?

I guessing you think God was really ticked off about Lazarus.
Your guessing illuminates nothing. Lazarus died again, you do know that, right? The fact that you equate Yeshua raising someone from the dead with the practice of consulting with the dead that God abhors is blasphemy AFAIK.

So you don't think Mary is praying. Do you believe anyone prays in heaven?
I do not know if they do or not, but that has nothing to do with how it is you think she's listening. Where in Scripture does it indicate that she would be or that we're supposed to ask her to pray for us? Also, in heaven there is no need for faith, and conversation with God is simple and direct. No need for a prayer closet or Latin, or anything else.

Now, I know that there are many, many Catholics who believe that if they can get Mary to pray for them, that their request will be more likely to be heard by God. Unbelievable.

Asked and answered. How can you pray for the world if you are not divine?
Bottom line, I've given you plenty of opportunity and you've refused a direct answer, so here it is. Do you believe that you can ask Mary to pray for something you specifically want and that she will hear you?

Why do you think she is paying specific attention to me? I simply pray that her own prayers be answered. I am even more concerned with praying for those who have passed on than I am in praying for myself.
And that's ridiculous. Those who have gone on have no need of our prayers, they are with God and have no needs. Now, why do you think her prayers in heaven need your help to be answered? She has direct communication with God.

I see you do not have a great regard for prayer and the power of prayer. I have that great regard because I have seen the power of prayer, both my solitary prayer and the prayer when others join in.
And you're still dancing around the question I started with. You say no one claims Mary is divine yet you want us to believe she's listening to the prayers of millions of people asking her to pray for things. How can she do that if she is not divine? You won't answer that.

They why do you bother to pray for the world when as you say, "God is already intimately involved with everything that's going on."

Could you be arguing there is no need for prayer?
No, I am arguing that Mary isn't listening to you. Big difference.

No one is claiming that Mary is divine. Just free from sin to make her a fitting mother for his Son which was a common belief of the early Christians.

That makes a lie out of Scripture. Ask me how.

Your guessing illuminates nothing. Lazarus died again, you do know that, right? The fact that you equate Yeshua raising someone from the dead with the practice of consulting with the dead that God abhors is blasphemy AFAIK.
The occult summons the dead back to earth. That is entirely different from those who are now living being part of the Body of Christ along with those who have passed on being members of the Body of Christ. We are all one body...there are many parts.

Bottom line, I've given you plenty of opportunity and you've refused a direct answer, so here it is. Do you believe that you can ask Mary to pray for something you specifically want and that she will hear you?
Shrug. As I said, I rarely pray with Mary. I can assure you my grandmothers and my best friend heard.

No, I am arguing that Mary isn't listening to you.
Then you are talking to the wrong person. I am sure you can find accounts from Catholics who believed Mary interceded for them. I just don't happen to be one of them. Do I believe those Catholics? Absolutely.

Then you are talking to the wrong person. I am sure you can find accounts from Catholics who believed Mary interceded for them. I just don't happen to be one of them. Do I believe those Catholics? Absolutely.
Okay, so you believe that Mary pays attention to specific people and intercedes for them. Since you also said that no one claims she is divine, then it begs the question, how is she handling the millions of people who ask her to pray for them each and every day?

Okay, so you believe that Mary pays attention to specific people and intercedes for them. Since you also said that no one claims she is divine, then it begs the question, how is she handling the millions of people who ask her to pray for them each and every day?
Asked and answered.

Forum List

Back