The Swing States 2012

Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania; all Obama. Likely Florida as well. Thats the election right there.

Florida is up in the air. The Dems have to be leading by a few points to win because the state Democratic party is pretty incompetent.

Would you agree that Romeny's appearance at the NRA convention after the Martin shooting/killing was another tone-deaf moment for his campaign.

Don't know. Most of the people whom I speak to with here about that incident are generally not particularly sympathetic towards Martin, regardless of their political affiliation. I think its a non-event to a slight positive for Republicans, only because almost all of the vocal people going down to Sanford are outsiders. But as I said when the news of the killing broke, by the election, it will be forgotten.

You're kinda slow eh?

Well, whats the hold up? Are you chicken? I gave you six months to one month. Just like you asked. I even let you "hold the money". Whats the hold up there....not too confident that your bitter hatred of Mr. Obama is shared by the public?

It never ceases to amaze me how partisans on both sides TALK about how honest they are but when it comes down to it, you won't even RISK having to congratulate a duely elected President of your own fucking country.

Tell me, what is the hold up.

You're kinda pussy-ish, eh?
As I stated previously, I don't gamble on anything unless I am strongly certain I am going to win. This race is too close to call. You don't read too well eh?

Also, I don't have any "bitter hatred" of Obama, I just think he is a lousy President who is spending us into oblivion.

Yeah, thats what I thought....

It's hilarious.

The bet is to simply congratulate the President-elect of your country. You're not being asked to praise his policies; just congratulate him. For a month. The price is $0.00. You're wagering nothing except the one thing that would really bother you...having to say something nice about someone you hate.

Florida is up in the air. The Dems have to be leading by a few points to win because the state Democratic party is pretty incompetent.

Would you agree that Romeny's appearance at the NRA convention after the Martin shooting/killing was another tone-deaf moment for his campaign.

Don't know. Most of the people whom I speak to with here about that incident are generally not particularly sympathetic towards Martin, regardless of their political affiliation. I think its a non-event to a slight positive for Republicans, only because almost all of the vocal people going down to Sanford are outsiders. But as I said when the news of the killing broke, by the election, it will be forgotten.

It should be a distant memory by November. It should be a non-issue now. But it is. The idea of his going to the convention with it's demographics is really pretty risky. He should have squeezed in a few rounds at Augusta National while he was there.

Well, whats the hold up? Are you chicken? I gave you six months to one month. Just like you asked. I even let you "hold the money". Whats the hold up there....not too confident that your bitter hatred of Mr. Obama is shared by the public?

It never ceases to amaze me how partisans on both sides TALK about how honest they are but when it comes down to it, you won't even RISK having to congratulate a duely elected President of your own fucking country.

Tell me, what is the hold up.

You're kinda pussy-ish, eh?
As I stated previously, I don't gamble on anything unless I am strongly certain I am going to win. This race is too close to call. You don't read too well eh?

Also, I don't have any "bitter hatred" of Obama, I just think he is a lousy President who is spending us into oblivion.

It's hilarious.

The bet is to simply congratulate the President-elect of your country. You're not being asked to praise his policies; just congratulate him. For a month. The price is $0.00. You're wagering nothing except the one thing that would really bother you...having to say something nice about someone you hate.

I congratulated him when he won in 2008 and I will congratulate him if he wins again. I don't need a bet to do that. :cuckoo:

Stop projecting your own feelings of hatred onto others.

It's hilarious.

I congratulated him when he won in 2008 and I will congratulate him if he wins again. I don't need a bet to do that. :cuckoo:

CanyCRON can't hep herself...she's just idiotic that way. Fret not my friend. ObamaBots as her are a penny a dozen.

Zander, who can be lost most of the time, is correct on this. No bet is needed. Romney will win, I think, and I will be happy to congratulate him, and can do the same for Obama, whom I hope loses.

It's hilarious.

We'll see. I expect the congratulatory post to be public. .

And anyone who says s/he "hopes the winner fails" is an unmitigated doosh, lacking in American character.

Pennsylvania is going to go Obama. I understand the organization Obama has in Florida is something on the order of Wal*Mart. The Martin shooting isn't going to help Romney much--the optics of his appearing at the NRA convention so soon after are not playing well either.

Nothing about Obama' organization is on par with Wal Mart. They give great values and wide selection every day. They have cut costs for the consumer. Hmmm__ Doesn't sound like Obama's presidency to me.

Remember in 08 when the media was drooling over how well Obama was organized and how supposedly unorganized McCain was? America's not going to fall for that phony narrative again. It's going to be about who has the best vision for the country; not about tacky opinions this time.

It's hilarious.

I recall Zander doing this.

.... the state Democratic party is pretty incompetent

to say the least, as being non existent - Governor and elected Cabinet and both chambers of Fl Congress are dominated by Rs ... only a smoking Witch-Doctor could explain how Obama is likely to win the state.

Zander: I haven't seen liberals so confident since the 2010 midterms when they had their collective asses handed to them in a massive landslide.

that is not included in your thread, the Congressional contests ... lets be honest as who was responsible and the means of their accomplishment (2010) - and their failure to capture the Senate.

Supreme Court: Campaign-finance limits violate free speech - CSMonitor.com

USSC - January 21, 2010: The Supreme Court campaign finance ruling on Thursday means corporations can spend freely on political ads leading up to elections. The Thursday decision invalidates a part of 2002 McCain-Feingold campaign-finance reform law that sought to limit corporate influence.

In a landmark 5-to-4 decision announced Thursday, the high court overturned a 1990 legal precedent and reversed a position it took in 2003, when a different lineup of justices upheld government restrictions on independent political expenditures by corporations during elections.

“Government may not suppress political speech on the basis of the speaker’s corporate identity,” Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote in the 57-page majority opinion. “No sufficient governmental interest justifies limits on the political speech of nonprofit or for-profit corporations.”

An election for President in the United States is not a national event. It is a collection of 51 separate elections. There is no way Romney is going to carry New York or California, and there is no way Obama is going to carry Texas or Mississippi. So the campaigns will focus on winning the swing states. Here they are:

Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin.

Whichever candidate wins more of these states will win the election.

I would venture the Republican candidate has better chances in Florida, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina and Virginia. I see Obama having the better chances in Colorado, Michigan, New Mexico, pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Ohio seems to be the crucial swing state.

Wooooo . . . . time to remind you that I would call you out every time you lied. I said MR would get (told you you were fully stupid on the issue) inevitably get the nomination, but that, yes, he would have to sell his Mormonism in the South. He is fortunate the BHO is opponent down here, but he is going to have problems.
How cute, Fake Jake is having a pretend conversation with his sock puppet....:clap2:
Not only are you wrong, you have demonstrated how stupid you continue to be.

Hey, guy, I think Zander is your sock puppet so you look less retarded... :badgrin::badgrin:

Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania; all Obama. Likely Florida as well. Thats the election right there.

i never have anything nice to say about WMR, but no, actually, I don't think it was.

These are people Romney needs to get enthusiastic, and the only people who would be offended by his appearance there weren't going to vote for a Republican anyway.

Forum List

Back