The Swing States 2012

An election for President in the United States is not a national event. It is a collection of 51 separate elections. There is no way Romney is going to carry New York or California, and there is no way Obama is going to carry Texas or Mississippi. So the campaigns will focus on winning the swing states. Here they are:

Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin.

Whichever candidate wins more of these states will win the election.

Texas isn't as much of a conservative powerhouse as you might think. Lots of liberals just like nasty little 'ol me live in Texas, and no fucking way in hell am I going to vote for that snake Romney.

2008 it was 55.5% McCain to 43.8% Obama. New York on the other hand was 62.2% Obama and 36.7% McCain. 60.9% Obama and 37.3% to McCain in California whereas Mississippi was 56.4% McCain and 42.8% Obama.

Don't underestimate Obama too much.

An election for President in the United States is not a national event. It is a collection of 51 separate elections. There is no way Romney is going to carry New York or California, and there is no way Obama is going to carry Texas or Mississippi. So the campaigns will focus on winning the swing states. Here they are:

Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin.

Texas isn't as much of a conservative powerhouse as you might think. Lots of liberals just like nasty little 'ol me live in Texas, and no fucking way in hell am I going to vote for that snake Romney.

2008 it was 55.5% McCain to 43.8% Obama. New York on the other hand was 62.2% Obama and 36.7% McCain. 60.9% Obama and 37.3% to McCain in California whereas Mississippi was 56.4% McCain and 42.8% Obama.

You're a disgrace to Texas. :badgrin:

What a stupid statement.

Mitt has no demographic, he is going to be annihilated just about everywhere. Rick Santorum just beat him up in the South and Obama is taking the concentrated urban states in the North. He doesn't have women nor does he have any minority vote. Republicans are holding their collective nose when they vote for him.

I don't see any scenario that shows Romney winning the presidential election.

What a stupid statement.

You didn't get that it was a joke.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MT3CihStFQ]Forrest Gump stupid is - YouTube[/ame]

What a stupid statement.

I lived in TX. The statement speaks for itself. People there no better than to support Obama.

Mitt has no demographic, he is going to be annihilated just about everywhere. Rick Santorum just beat him up in the South and Obama is taking the concentrated urban states in the North. He doesn't have women nor does he have any minority vote. Republicans are holding their collective nose when they vote for him.

I don't see any scenario that shows Romney winning the presidential election.

Weren't you claiming Obamacare would lead the Dems to sweep the midterm elections?
Santorum isn't running anymore. Given a choice between Obama and Romney the South will turn out for Romney. I know I will.
THe Dems are busily pissing off women voters.
The campaign hasn't really even begun yet. Lots of things will move the needle. Like $6 gas and another recession.

Wisconsin is completely up in the air. I wouldn't bet a penny on how we're going to end up by the end of our long long summer.

Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania; all Obama. Likely Florida as well. Thats the election right there.

Throw Missouri in there as well.

It would be sweet if Obama won Missouri but I doubt he will.

It doesn't matter who wins "more" states it's "what" states that matters.

RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Battle for White House

Right now it's Obama 227 v Romney 170

The GOP's chances look grim.

Here are the swing states:

Arizona (11)
Colorado (9)
Florida (29)
Iowa (6)
Missouri (10)
Nevada (6)
New Hampshire (4)
North Carolina (15)
Ohio (18)
Pennsylvania (20)
Virginia (13)

Throw Missouri in there as well.

It would be sweet if Obama won Missouri but I doubt he will.

Agreed. Prolly notgonnahappen.

Arizona (11)
Colorado (9)
Florida (29)
Iowa (6)
Missouri (10)
Nevada (6)
New Hampshire (4)
North Carolina (15)
Ohio (18)
Pennsylvania (20)
Virginia (13)

Good luck mapping out the path to 270, Republicans.

Arizona (11)
Colorado (9)
Florida (29)
Iowa (6)
Missouri (10)
Nevada (6)
New Hampshire (4)
North Carolina (15)
Ohio (18)
Pennsylvania (20)
Virginia (13)

Pennsylvania is going to go Obama. I understand the organization Obama has in Florida is something on the order of Wal*Mart. The Martin shooting isn't going to help Romney much--the optics of his appearing at the NRA convention so soon after are not playing well either.

Arizona (11)
Colorado (9)
Florida (29)
Iowa (6)
Missouri (10)
Nevada (6)
New Hampshire (4)
North Carolina (15)
Ohio (18)
Pennsylvania (20)
Virginia (13)

For Romney, if he loses Florida, the election is essentially over

Obama needs either Florida or a combination of two of (Pennsylvania, Ohio, North Carolina,Virginia)

Actually, I predict Obama will win eight of those eleven states and easily be reelected

Arizona (11)
Colorado (9)
Florida (29)
Iowa (6)
Missouri (10)
Nevada (6)
New Hampshire (4)
North Carolina (15)
Ohio (18)
Pennsylvania (20)
Virginia (13)

AZ, in the bag for ROmney. Obama sued the state, remember?
Colorado. Lots of oil work there. Also for Romney
FL is a toss up
Nevada. Really? You have to ask?
N.C. Obama won 49.9 to 45.9. Hardly a massive margin of victory. With lower black turn out (remind me what he's done for them?) and higher unemployment I'd call it for Romney.
Ohio also ran 51 to 47 for Obama. Hardly a comforting margin there.
PA is tougher.
VA went 52 to 46 for Obama. Again, not a great margin.

With a well run campaign, and Romney has proven he can do that, and a worsening economic situation I'd say Obama is a one termer.

Arizona (11)
Colorado (9)
Florida (29)
Iowa (6)
Missouri (10)
Nevada (6)
New Hampshire (4)
North Carolina (15)
Ohio (18)
Pennsylvania (20)
Virginia (13)

AZ, in the bag for ROmney. Obama sued the state, remember?
Colorado. Lots of oil work there. Also for Romney
FL is a toss up
Nevada. Really? You have to ask?
N.C. Obama won 49.9 to 45.9. Hardly a massive margin of victory. With lower black turn out (remind me what he's done for them?) and higher unemployment I'd call it for Romney.
Ohio also ran 51 to 47 for Obama. Hardly a comforting margin there.
PA is tougher.
VA went 52 to 46 for Obama. Again, not a great margin.

With a well run campaign, and Romney has proven he can do that, and a worsening economic situation I'd say Obama is a one termer.

Romney has only won one successful campaign in his life.....Obama has never lost

Wanna bet?

Avatars for the week after the election.

If Romney wins, you own my avatar.

If Obama wins, I own yours.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back