The Swing States 2012

No question that Romney has a tough road ahead

Any way you cut it, the numbers are not adding up. Mitt will have to reinvent himself but his sucking up to the conservatives has buried him.

The only question remaining is who will conservatives blame?

RW, you do not understand how adaptable MR truly can be. After the convention, watch him ignore the cons to the far right and watch him roll belly up to women and Hispanics. He has to, and he may well succeed.[/QUOTE]

That assumes -

1) That cons who really never trusted him are going to say "oh, well" to this kind of betrayal.

2) Women and Hispanics are so stupid they won't notice this shallow pandering.

3) The Media will really let him get away with this shit.

Pennsylvania is going to go Obama. I understand the organization Obama has in Florida is something on the order of Wal*Mart. The Martin shooting isn't going to help Romney much--the optics of his appearing at the NRA convention so soon after are not playing well either.

Nothing about Obama' organization is on par with Wal Mart. They give great values and wide selection every day. They have cut costs for the consumer. Hmmm__ Doesn't sound like Obama's presidency to me.

Remember in 08 when the media was drooling over how well Obama was organized and how supposedly unorganized McCain was? America's not going to fall for that phony narrative again. It's going to be about who has the best vision for the country; not about tacky opinions this time.

Won't happen. Obama has it in the bag already.

An election for President in the United States is not a national event. It is a collection of 51 separate elections. There is no way Romney is going to carry New York or California, and there is no way Obama is going to carry Texas or Mississippi. So the campaigns will focus on winning the swing states. Here they are:

Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin.

Whichever candidate wins more of these states will win the election.

I would venture the Republican candidate has better chances in Florida, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina and Virginia. I see Obama having the better chances in Colorado, Michigan, New Mexico, pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Ohio seems to be the crucial swing state.

Actually, Obama outpolls Romney in Florida, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina and Virginia as well as Ohio

Romney has quite a bit of ground to make up

An election for President in the United States is not a national event. It is a collection of 51 separate elections. There is no way Romney is going to carry New York or California, and there is no way Obama is going to carry Texas or Mississippi. So the campaigns will focus on winning the swing states. Here they are:

Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin.

Whichever candidate wins more of these states will win the election.

I would venture the Republican candidate has better chances in Florida, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina and Virginia. I see Obama having the better chances in Colorado, Michigan, New Mexico, pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Ohio seems to be the crucial swing state.

Actually, Obama outpolls Romney in Florida, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina and Virginia as well as Ohio

I'm talking about what is likely, not just what is in the polls.

What is likely is that Obama will win eight out of ten swing states. It is more likely that Obama will steal states from Romney than the other way around.

The Romney campaign seems to be losing momentum rather than gaining it. He lacks the groundswell of public support

What is likely is that Obama will win eight out of ten swing states. It is more likely that Obama will steal states from Romney than the other way around.

The Romney campaign seems to be losing momentum rather than gaining it. He lacks the groundswell of public support

It's a bit too early to tell.

It's more like Reagan v Carter.

You are correct. It will take something of the magnitude of the Iran Hostage crisis and for Romney to develop Reagans charisma for Romney to beat Obama

Last edited:

I'm having a hard time seeing a Reagan in either Romney or Obama.

You are correct.

I knew you'd see it my way.

A governor with solid credentials beats the snot out of an obviously incompetent sitting president who has not been able to gain traction making the country better in 3 years.
Sounds about right.

Nice try at selective editing

Reagan beat Carter because Carters approval plummeted as the Iran Hostage Crisis dragged on

Reagan also had charisma and an ability to relate to the average American that Romney will never have

Barring a major catastrophe, Obama will win in a landslide

Well, whats the hold up? Are you chicken? I gave you six months to one month. Just like you asked. I even let you "hold the money". Whats the hold up there....not too confident that your bitter hatred of Mr. Obama is shared by the public?

It never ceases to amaze me how partisans on both sides TALK about how honest they are but when it comes down to it, you won't even RISK having to congratulate a duely elected President of your own fucking country.

Tell me, what is the hold up.

You're kinda pussy-ish, eh?
As I stated previously, I don't gamble on anything unless I am strongly certain I am going to win. This race is too close to call. You don't read too well eh?

Also, I don't have any "bitter hatred" of Obama, I just think he is a lousy President who is spending us into oblivion.

Yeah, thats what I thought....

It's hilarious.

The bet is to simply congratulate the President-elect of your country. You're not being asked to praise his policies; just congratulate him. For a month. The price is $0.00. You're wagering nothing except the one thing that would really bother you...having to say something nice about someone you hate.

Good Grief Candycorn...quit projecting.

We Republicans had no problem congratulating President-elect Obama...in fact, some of us when even further.

Posted 11-4-2008 @ 8:22 pm

Congratulations, President Obama.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/congress/63444-cnn-projections-4.html#post880555

Posted as a new thread, 11-5-2008 @ 2:20 pm

I know that we are disappointed by the outcome of the presidential elections, but we should also keep in mind that the majority has spoken.

Many of us have been put off by the behavior of the far left for the last 8 years, but I for one have no intention of emulating that behavior.

They say that imitation is the highest form of flattery. That is a flattery we should choose not to bestow.

Give President Obama the benifit of the doubt. Lead by example.

Whether you are a believer like I am, or not...the wisdom of Jesus can be admired by all:

'A new commandment I give to you, that ye love one another; according as I did love you, that ye also love one another'

- Jesus Christ as recorded in the Book of John, Chapter 13, Verse 34.​

http://www.usmessageboard.com/congr...-president-obama-a-fair-shake.html#post882226

Last edited:
You are correct.

A governor with solid credentials beats the snot out of an obviously incompetent sitting president who has not been able to gain traction making the country better in 3 years.
Sounds about right.

Reagan beat Carter because Carters approval plummeted as the Iran Hostage Crisis dragged on

Reagan also had charisma and an ability to relate to the average American that Romney will never have

Reagan was viewed as abumbling ultra-conservative out of touch actor. Romney has plenty of charisma.
Obama IS a major catastrophe. He will lose in a landslide.

Sounds about right.

Reagan was viewed as abumbling ultra-conservative out of touch actor. Romney has plenty of charisma.

Wishful thinking on your part

Unfortunately, the Electoral vote numbers don't back you up
Neither do Romneys approval numbers

Romney has plenty of charisma.

You're back talkin' shit again?

Take the bet, P-Rab.

Even a pussy like you should be willing to put your avatar on the line for a week since you believe that Obama is going to lose in a landslide.

I really don't know why people like Zander and Rabbi are posting so many predictions that Romney is going to clean house, when all the evidence points the other direction. I understand WANTING Romney to win, but what's the point of saying that he's GOING to win when clearly he most likely isn't? Don't you realize how silly that's going to make you look next November?

I really don't know why people like Zander and Rabbi are posting so many predictions that Romney is going to clean house, when all the evidence points the other direction. I understand WANTING Romney to win, but what's the point of saying that he's GOING to win when clearly he most likely isn't? Don't you realize how silly that's going to make you look next November?

Do you know how to read? Show me where I predict that Romney is going to win. I'll wait.....

Do you know how to read? Show me where I predict that Romney is going to win. I'll wait.....

Does it have to be a post from this thread?

I see Romney picking up Florida at least; could be premature though.

Does it have to be a post from this thread?

If I were to pull a thread you yourself started entitled "Why Romney will beat Obama", will that count?

Forum List

Back