The Swing States 2012

My and my family homes are in W Florida, Miss, LA, and East Texas. MR's religion is problematic here. Don't think for a moment it is not a problem for him. He is fortunate in that BHO is black, liberal, Chicago, and doesn't give a rat's ass about having to be mean. Counter-intuitive, I know, but BHO's smiling dark face drives a lot of folks batty here in the I10 South.

OK, despite NO the Romney wins LA fairly easily.

BHO loses West Florida and the center north, but Jacksonville and Gainesville and Orlando and the Tampa Bay area and Miami will be close, I think, for Barak. The I4 corridor and south will decide this state.

Mississippi will go for Romney with its nose held tightly by evangelical fingers.

Texas SHOULD go Romney by three to four % points, but the question will be who the rural crackers hate the most, Barak or Mitt.

And if Mitt screws up (or the GOP for that matter) on women's issues, this would secure Florida and just possibly Texas for Barak. Southern women are tired of getting taken granted for. This last nonsense by Santorum hurt the party down here. Thank heavens for Ann Romney.

If you are so confident that Obama is going to win, you need to give some odds. 6 months to 1 week seems about right based upon the irrational confidence I've seen from the Obamabots so far....Man up!!

Personally, I don't know who's going to win. I think the race is too close to call and certainly not one that I would wager on. I only gamble when the odds are strongly in my favor....

Sure; change your tag line to the following very innocuous phrase:

"All Hail President Obama, Your President, My President, Our President" for one month after the election if Obama wins; until December 7, 2012

If Romney wins, I'll change mine to : "All Hail President Romney, Your President, My President, Our President"

And leave it there until June 1, 2013.

Do we have a wager?

I'll even sweeten the deal. I'll let you Name someone else to enforce it and make sure neither of us welch out.

Are we on?

I haven't seen liberals so confident since the 2010 midterms when they had their collective asses handed to them in a massive landslide. :lol:

This election will be far closer than anyone expects.
Only because the GOP can't get it's shit together, it wants to give us what is already in the white house.

I haven't seen liberals so confident since the 2010 midterms when they had their collective asses handed to them in a massive landslide. :lol:

This election will be far closer than anyone expects.
Only because the GOP can't get it's shit together, it wants to give us what is already in the white house.

Interesting point...

Who would you propose should be the GOP candidate instead of Romney?

If you are so confident that Obama is going to win, you need to give some odds. 6 months to 1 week seems about right based upon the irrational confidence I've seen from the Obamabots so far....Man up!!

Personally, I don't know who's going to win. I think the race is too close to call and certainly not one that I would wager on. I only gamble when the odds are strongly in my favor....

"All Hail President Obama, Your President, My President, Our President" for one month after the election if Obama wins; until December 7, 2012

If Romney wins, I'll change mine to : "All Hail President Romney, Your President, My President, Our President"

Do we have a wager?

I'll even sweeten the deal. I'll let you Name someone else to enforce it and make sure neither of us welch out.

Are we on?

You're kinda slow eh?

An election for President in the United States is not a national event. It is a collection of 51 separate elections. There is no way Romney is going to carry New York or California, and there is no way Obama is going to carry Texas or Mississippi. So the campaigns will focus on winning the swing states. Here they are:

Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin.

Whichever candidate wins more of these states will win the election.

Well, you got it HALF right.

The thing is, Rawmoney has to win more of them than Obama has to.

If you take the states that the Democrats have carried for the last five elections (including PA MI and WI) Obama starts his count at 242.

If you add in the three states that Democrats carried four out of five times (NM, NH and IA), that's an additional 15 States. Which put Obama at 257.

He just needs 13 more to win. FL has 29, Ohio 20, NC 15 and VA 13. Any ONE of those states gets Obama to 270 and he wins. Romney has to just win all of them. All states heavy in working folks, hispanics and evangelicals...

Romney starts out with just the states McCain won. And frankly, I wouldn't call all of those sure things. McCain only carried AZ because it was his home state, and he only beat Obama in Missouri by about 5000 votes. So either of those states could be in play. However, I think there's a good chance he'll take back Indiana, that was just kind of a fluke.

So Romney starts out really with a basement of 170 EV. He needs 100 more to win. He could win MO, AZ, FL, OH, NC and VA and still be four EV's short.

And the really funny thing is that so many folks on the right think the Electoral College is wonderful and we should never, ever abolish it.

My and my family homes are in W Florida, Miss, LA, and East Texas. MR's religion is problematic here. Don't think for a moment it is not a problem for him. He is fortunate in that BHO is black, liberal, Chicago, and doesn't give a rat's ass about having to be mean. Counter-intuitive, I know, but BHO's smiling dark face drives a lot of folks batty here in the I10 South.

Woooooo.... time to call Shennigans...

After months of insisting that Romney weird ass freakish cult wasn't going to be a problem for him, now you are admitting it's going to be a problem?

An election for President in the United States is not a national event. It is a collection of 51 separate elections. There is no way Romney is going to carry New York or California, and there is no way Obama is going to carry Texas or Mississippi. So the campaigns will focus on winning the swing states. Here they are:

Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin.

Exactly

Swing States Poll: A shift by women puts Obama in lead

In the fifth Swing States survey taken since last fall, Obama leads Republican front-runner Mitt Romney 51%-42% among registered voters just a month after the president had trailed him by two percentage points.
The biggest change came among women under 50. In mid-February, just under half of those voters supported Obama. Now more than six in 10 do while Romney's support among them has dropped by 14 points, to 30%. The president leads him 2-1 in this group.

Last edited:
My and my family homes are in W Florida, Miss, LA, and East Texas. MR's religion is problematic here. Don't think for a moment it is not a problem for him. He is fortunate in that BHO is black, liberal, Chicago, and doesn't give a rat's ass about having to be mean. Counter-intuitive, I know, but BHO's smiling dark face drives a lot of folks batty here in the I10 South. .
Woooooo.... time to call Shennigans... After months of insisting that Romney weird ass freakish cult wasn't going to be a problem for him, now you are admitting it's going to be a problem?
Wooooo . . . . time to remind you that I would call you out every time you lied. I said MR would get (told you you were fully stupid on the issue) inevitably get the nomination, but that, yes, he would have to sell his Mormonism in the South. He is fortunate the BHO is opponent down here, but he is going to have problems.

My and my family homes are in W Florida, Miss, LA, and East Texas. MR's religion is problematic here. Don't think for a moment it is not a problem for him. He is fortunate in that BHO is black, liberal, Chicago, and doesn't give a rat's ass about having to be mean. Counter-intuitive, I know, but BHO's smiling dark face drives a lot of folks batty here in the I10 South. .
Woooooo.... time to call Shennigans... After months of insisting that Romney weird ass freakish cult wasn't going to be a problem for him, now you are admitting it's going to be a problem?
Wooooo . . . . time to remind you that I would call you out every time you lied. I said MR would get (told you you were fully stupid on the issue) inevitably get the nomination, but that, yes, he would have to sell his Mormonism in the South. He is fortunate the BHO is opponent down here, but he is going to have problems.

How cute, Fake Jake is having a pretend conversation with his sock puppet....:clap2:

Do we have a wager?

Are we on?

You're kinda slow eh?

Well, whats the hold up? Are you chicken? I gave you six months to one month. Just like you asked. I even let you "hold the money". Whats the hold up there....not too confident that your bitter hatred of Mr. Obama is shared by the public?

It never ceases to amaze me how partisans on both sides TALK about how honest they are but when it comes down to it, you won't even RISK having to congratulate a duely elected President of your own fucking country.

Tell me, what is the hold up.

You're kinda pussy-ish, eh?

How cute, Fake Jake is having a pretend conversation with his sock puppet....:clap2:
Not only are you wrong, you have demonstrated how stupid you continue to be.

If you take the states that the Democrats have carried for the last five elections (including PA MI and WI) Obama starts his count at 242.

If you add in the three states that Democrats carried four out of five times (NM, NH and IA), that's an additional 15 States. Which put Obama at 257.

He just needs 13 more to win. FL has 29, Ohio 20, NC 15 and VA 13. Any ONE of those states gets Obama to 270 and he wins. Romney has to just win all of them. All states heavy in working folks, hispanics and evangelicals...

Romney starts out with just the states McCain won. And frankly, I wouldn't call all of those sure things. McCain only carried AZ because it was his home state, and he only beat Obama in Missouri by about 5000 votes. So either of those states could be in play. However, I think there's a good chance he'll take back Indiana, that was just kind of a fluke.

So Romney starts out really with a basement of 170 EV. He needs 100 more to win. He could win MO, AZ, FL, OH, NC and VA and still be four EV's short.

And the really funny thing is that so many folks on the right think the Electoral College is wonderful and we should never, ever abolish it.

No question that Romney has a tough road ahead

Any way you cut it, the numbers are not adding up. Mitt will have to reinvent himself but his sucking up to the conservatives has buried him.

The only question remaining is who will conservatives blame?

Any way you cut it, the numbers are not adding up. Mitt will have to reinvent himself but his sucking up to the conservatives has buried him.

On one hand, the guy has great experience in re-inventing himself. On the other, hasn't he already pretty much jumped the shark?

I think we already have the answer to that one. The "GOP establishment" will get the blame for pushing a non-hardcore candidate.

No question that Romney has a tough road ahead

RW, you do not understand how adaptable MR truly can be. After the convention, watch him ignore the cons to the far right and watch him roll belly up to women and Hispanics. He has to, and he may well succeed.

Let me tell you about florida.
i have been doing alot of traveling from the panhandle,the east coast,and down the center.
everywhere off 75 ,and the florida turnpike,10...
DEFEAT OBAMA IN 2012.
hes not going to have such an easy fight there.
Bookoo romney supporters.

Central/Northern/Panhandle Florida has always been mostly red, it's the Boca Jews along with the 2nd & 3rd generation Cuban-Americans and of course most urban precincts that can be counted on to vote blue.

What could be a decisive factor is whether Obama has in fact lost any of the Jewish vote, as well as what happens with the upper-class South American transplants that have been mass migrating to Florida these past four years.

The I-4 corridor is critical. That's where the state will be won or lost.

Wisconsin is completely up in the air. I wouldn't bet a penny on how we're going to end up by the end of our long long summer.

Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania; all Obama. Likely Florida as well. Thats the election right there.

Florida is up in the air. The Dems have to be leading by a few points to win because the state Democratic party is pretty incompetent.

Wisconsin is completely up in the air. I wouldn't bet a penny on how we're going to end up by the end of our long long summer.

Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania; all Obama. Likely Florida as well. Thats the election right there.

Florida is up in the air. The Dems have to be leading by a few points to win because the state Democratic party is pretty incompetent.

Would you agree that Romeny's appearance at the NRA convention after the Martin shooting/killing was another tone-deaf moment for his campaign.

Do we have a wager?

Are we on?

You're kinda slow eh?

Well, whats the hold up? Are you chicken? I gave you six months to one month. Just like you asked. I even let you "hold the money". Whats the hold up there....not too confident that your bitter hatred of Mr. Obama is shared by the public?

It never ceases to amaze me how partisans on both sides TALK about how honest they are but when it comes down to it, you won't even RISK having to congratulate a duely elected President of your own fucking country.

Tell me, what is the hold up.

You're kinda pussy-ish, eh?
As I stated previously, I don't gamble on anything unless I am strongly certain I am going to win. This race is too close to call. You don't read too well eh?

Also, I don't have any "bitter hatred" of Obama, I just think he is a lousy President who is spending us into oblivion.

Forum List

Back