The stock market - 10/16/08

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Asian markets free-fell during the night and the Nikkea was down 11%. Pretty soon, a stock market that had an average of 35,000 points will be below what the US has. It's amazing how the Asian stock markets have crashed so badly in the past few weeks.

Yesterday marked the second worst drop, point wise, in DOW history and the second worst drop percentage wise.

I think there will be some buying today, people bought on Monday and there's a lot of money on the sidelines just waiting for a bargain. The question is, are they going to risk going in while the market is so volatile?

Dow futures are up 97 points.

Asian markets free-fell during the night and the Nikkea was down 11%. Pretty soon, a stock market that had an average of 35,000 points will be below what the US has. It's amazing how the Asian stock markets have crashed so badly in the past few weeks.

Yesterday marked the second worst drop, point wise, in DOW history and the second worst drop percentage wise.

I think there will be some buying today, people bought on Monday and there's a lot of money on the sidelines just waiting for a bargain. The question is, are they going to risk going in while the market is so volatile?

Dow futures are up 97 points.
I saw the futures too a moment ago, think it's just hope of profit taking from the past two days?

I saw the futures too a moment ago, think it's just hope of profit taking from the past two days?

Profit taking would indicate the futures were down... since people sell to make to profit. I think some stocks have gotten cheaper and some people want to buy those cheap stocks.

Someone on CNBC said yesterday that if you don't have real time quotes, you shouldn't be trading because this market can change in an instant. He was right.

Interestingly enough, Ford is looking to sell its Mazda division. I think Ford should get rid of its Mercury division as well... have just Fords and Lincolns.

Forum List

Back