The Slaughter Rule

vanquish
Sorry...you predicted it! ha ha. I got sidetracked.
Don’t worry , it happens to the best of us. It saddens me when I see such people arguing my side of the fence. It makes it harder for the rest of us.
Here goes...

I actually agree with most of what you've said. If the amount of money for the lead time is small...and there's no way we can keep filling the Ponzi scheme bucket...then I'm against it. Not simply conceding so I wont have to argue...but I really do feel that way. Where do I find out the real numbers on this. I'd love to really get to learn more.
I am not sure, particularly because the bill is not complete so the details are still in flux. I do believe that the tax is the same during the ‘startup’ time and the actual in use time and that equates to a gargantuan amount of cash. It worries me a lot, particularly since congress has proven unable to leave any source of income alone when unspent. I see a likely ‘emergency’ for jobs or some other excuse that will create a permanent drain on healthcare and cause further rationing than will already occur.
And I agree with you that most regulations protect the insurance companies. Hell, I'll even admit that the rumors that BO struck deals with Big Pharma could possibly be true.
It is almost a given as the mandate is the largest giveaway to insurance constituent I have ever seen but I do not believe that him or congress even know that it is striking a deal. After all, the insurance companies have the cash to hire much smarter individuals then our esteemed congress has. Whether or not it was a ‘backroom’ deal, it is still a protection for an industry that does not need any more protection but needs far less.
I really do think that starting over would be the best thing to do...but I'm afraid that if we do...nothing will get done EVER. There's been nothing to make me think otherwise. Yeah, that sounds like me saying "do something mostly bad so we can get some slight good." And I'm coming clean about that. I just dont see an alternative.
And here is our big difference. I believe that messing up now can create a PERMANENT screw-up and that we are better off without it. As I said before, smaller bills are not possible to block by the R’s IMHO because the public wants reform. If they are able to read and understand the bill there will be far less opposition to it. That and there are some things that are obvious needs in a reform package that both republican and democrats support as well. Here I believe that the dems are just using this as a way to force their wants through with republican ideas pasted on the top as a way of making them support it. That idea has backfired and instead of a successful year for this administration, nothing is going to get done.

I do understand the fear of nothing getting done though. The R’s are far too comfortable in the way things are and that is unacceptable. I just cannot support a piece of legislation based on that fear.

Supposedly Waxman has spoken out against the use of the Slaughter rule....

Interesting.

The Rules Committee meeting turned into mass confusion when Democratic Rep. Henry Waxman said, "We're not going to 'deem' the bill passed. We're going to pass the Senate bill…I would be against the idea of 'deeming' something -- we either pass it or we don't."

Read more at the Washington Examiner: Rules Committee meeting descends into chaos | Washington Examiner

Supposedly Waxman has spoken out against the use of the Slaughter rule....

Interesting.

The Rules Committee meeting turned into mass confusion when Democratic Rep. Henry Waxman said, "We're not going to 'deem' the bill passed. We're going to pass the Senate bill…I would be against the idea of 'deeming' something -- we either pass it or we don't."

Read more at the Washington Examiner: Rules Committee meeting descends into chaos | Washington Examiner

Well, that's something. I guess it depends on your definition of "law."
The silliest thing is that the Dums think if they deem and pass that people are so stupid they won't recognize that they really voted for the measure.
This is because Democrats disdain voters. And that is because Democrats are the:
Party of Fuck You.

Forum List

Back