The Sissies won...

Emotionally charged rhetoric of "too soon" weakness pushed as reason.

While avoiding economic costs and

the fact

it doesn't hurt

current efforts. It helps them.

If you don't live here and don't know. Please. Fuck you very much for participating in the politicization of this charity event.

Wrong. Logistically driven REASON. Reality driven REASON. Priority driven REASON.

PEOPLE WHO LIVE THERE made the decision, so go please yourself, Dummy.

There was no "reason" to cancel it.

It wouild have been tough to do, no doubt..

But we New Yorkers are tough.

The Sissies did win.

But they definitely weren't all "liberal".

It was a kum bah ya..between Liberal sissies and Conservative sissies.

Siding with sallow on this. Really? I think I might need to expire here...jillian will rejoice.

Emotionally charged rhetoric of "too soon" weakness pushed as reason.

While avoiding economic costs and

the fact

it doesn't hurt

current efforts. It helps them.

If you don't live here and don't know. Please. Fuck you very much for participating in the politicization of this charity event.

Wrong. Logistically driven REASON. Reality driven REASON. Priority driven REASON.

The Sissies did win.

Tough to say for you that it's "tough to do" but the people who are logistically effected in those neighborhoods, you know as opposed to other New Yorkers who are emotionally effected and impressed by how TOUGH they would feel in carrying on, the locals were the ones who disagreed. So tough to consider THEM sissies over it? pffft

Those visitors need hotel rooms, but many of them already are occupied by New Yorkers displaced from their homes. Richard Nicotra, who owns the Hilton Garden Inn in Staten Island, has refused to throw out evacuees to honor reservations for marathon runners, according to NY1.

With power scarce, the three generators set up Friday to provide electricity to the marathon’s media tent in Central Park along the Upper West Side drew some attention.

The two active generators crank out 800 kilowatts of electricity, which would be enough to power 400 homes, the New York Post reported. The third unit, a backup, sits idle, in case one of others fails, the paper said.

The Sissies did win.

Tough to say for you that it's "tough to do" but the people who are logistically effected in those neighborhoods, you know as opposed to other New Yorkers who are emotionally effected and impressed by how TOUGH they would feel in carrying on, the locals were the ones who disagreed. So tough to consider THEM sissies over it? pffft

Those visitors need hotel rooms, but many of them already are occupied by New Yorkers displaced from their homes. Richard Nicotra, who owns the Hilton Garden Inn in Staten Island, has refused to throw out evacuees to honor reservations for marathon runners, according to NY1.

With power scarce, the three generators set up Friday to provide electricity to the marathon’s media tent in Central Park along the Upper West Side drew some attention.

The two active generators crank out 800 kilowatts of electricity, which would be enough to power 400 homes, the New York Post reported. The third unit, a backup, sits idle, in case one of others fails, the paper said.

WTF are you talking about.

I live in Brooklyn and we were hit pretty bad. I live close to zone A.

By the way..I've been ferrying donations around..and will do so tomorrow.

New York is a pretty unique place. It bounces back very quickly after the shit hits the fan.

That's what WE DO. That's what WE ALWAYS DO.

The Sissies did win.

WTF are you talking about.

I live in Brooklyn and we were hit pretty bad. I live close to zone A.

By the way..I've been ferrying donations around..and will do so tomorrow.

New York is a pretty unique place. It bounces back very quickly after the shit hits the fan.

I'm talking about your need to feel so tough you'd call your neighbors sissies for wanting to prudently prioritize resources in a crisis...

Go cry over a marathon while people are struggling, proud Yankee.

Paul McCarthy, 43, who lives nearby, was walking his dog down Central Park West on Friday as marathon workers and runners whizzed by him.

“I woke up this morning and a lot of people on my Facebook page were saying they should shut it down..."

A Facebook page called “Cancel the 2012 NYC Marathon” had more than 27,000 likes and growing on Friday morning. Claiming to be started by a New York City resident, the page says, “The last thing NYC needs at this time is an extra 100,000 people or so flooding our already devastated streets. Things are not back to normal. Our city is working hard enough to recover please do not complicate things with a race.”

One commenter suggested Bloomberg should “postpone [the race] for a month or so and then use the race as a perfect platform to showcase how ALL 5 BOROUGHS have recovered. That shows resilience, and RESPECT for the citizens who have suffered, without foregoing the economic benefits of the race.”

Another commenter asked, "Who would ever want to go to a war zone to run a marathon?"

New York Marathon canceled, Bloomberg says - U.S. News

:lmao:

Yes. We are weak, pathetic creatures that need help when faced with adversity. We are like cattle caught int he mud field.

No, we are strong. Strong enough, spiritually, to help our neighbors in times of need, and postpone or forego, events that are superfluous.

Massive charity is superfluous. That's why you are a LOLberal and think you're a conservative.

yea her posts just reek with Liberalism.....

Good. The death toll is over a hundred. Marathon can come back next year when people are no longer suffering. It'd be like dancing on graves.

Power has been restored to the LES. The logistics of changing this was complete and total stupidity. It's cancelled.

Tell that to those suffering in Staten Island. They are hungry, freezing and without power. Without power one cannot even pump gas into their car. It would have been morbid, to have shown a grandiose marathon, of people who can afford to participate, while just minutes away, people are living in desperation.

Could not have stated tha better if I tried.

Now I may have been a bit more crass, but hey.

Who cares about a Moronic Marathon when people are suffering .... for me, that is the utmost of selfishness and stupidity!

Good. The death toll is over a hundred. Marathon can come back next year when people are no longer suffering. It'd be like dancing on graves.

I agree...

When I heard it was going to go as planned, I was like "what is Bloomberg thinking??".

Yes, come next year no one will be suffering. The entire nation will be fixed, all of NYC will have homes, no one will go hungry, no one will get hurt....ah, utopia! You're only a year away!

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back