The Shadow Rich

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
a couple of years ago I was having problems with the Unemployment Department (EDD)
I was ready to choke the next person that told me "What you have to do, see, is go down there in person"
it still hasn't sank into people's heads that there is no "down there" to go to.
the EDD has changed their operation to computer communication ONLY.
their sitting in a bunker in California and the only locations they have are satellite offices where people can access computers to fill out their forms.
if your problem isn't on a pre-selected list if complaints, you're sht out of luck.

last year I took 2 hours out of my life to buy something from Big 5.
when I got there, what they advertised was "out of stock".
it was never in stock, they advertise a limited number of BS, tell you it's out of stock, in hopes you'll buy their over-price crap instead.

the bottom line is, everything is going to internet sales.
in my area it's not a big deal losing the mom & pop stores, because they're owned by a bunch of foreigners anyways.

what a demon we're creating now.
we're going to have a small amount of rich people who really do nothing but collect money.
they will hold a monopoly on manufacturing from the latest 3rd world country, be able to exclude other people from buying the same junk, pay people minimum wage to build them a website, pay people minimum wage to handle the junk, and have very little expenses to do so.
they won't have to open stores or have 80% of their employees.

Forum List

Back