THE SEXODUS, PART 1: THE MEN GIVING UP ON WOMEN AND CHECKING OUT OF SOCIETY

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Truth or not?

The Sexodus Part 1 The Men Giving Up On Women And Checking Out Of Society

"In school, boys are screwed over time and again. Schools are engineered for women. In the US, they force-feed boys Ritalin like Skittles to shut them up. And while girls are favoured to fulfil quotas, men are slipping into distant second place.

"Nobody in my generation believes they're going to get a meaningful retirement. We have a third or a quarter of the wealth previous generations had, and everyone's fleeing to higher education to stave off unemployment and poverty because there are no jobs.

"All that wouldn't be so bad if we could at least dull the pain with girls. But we're treated like paedophiles and potential rapists just for showing interest. My generation are the beautiful ones," he sighs, referring to a 1960s experiment on mice that supposedly predicted a grim future for the human race.

Truth or not?

"In school, boys are screwed over time and again. Schools are engineered for women. In the US, they force-feed boys Ritalin like Skittles to shut them up. And while girls are favoured to fulfil quotas, men are slipping into distant second place.

"Nobody in my generation believes they're going to get a meaningful retirement. We have a third or a quarter of the wealth previous generations had, and everyone's fleeing to higher education to stave off unemployment and poverty because there are no jobs.

"All that wouldn't be so bad if we could at least dull the pain with girls. But we're treated like paedophiles and potential rapists just for showing interest. My generation are the beautiful ones," he sighs, referring to a 1960s experiment on mice that supposedly predicted a grim future for the human race.
Count me amung the checked-out.

Truth or not?

Count me amung the checked-out.

Seriously, why?

Yes it is happening, and here's why.... We have built a society where boys/men are no longer allowed to act like boys/men. They aren't allowed to be loud, noisy, boistrous, inappropriate and aggressive. They are expected to rein in all of that energy and exhuberance to act all proper and appropriate. This stifles much of the male spirit both in youth and as they grow older. We expect them to act with much more traditionally female attitudes.

On the other side we are trying to build a society that promotes women and girls partaking in the very same behaviors, activities and personalities that we are trying to stomp out in boys/men. We want girls to be bold, ambitious, outgoing and adventurous. We tell them that they shouldn't let anything hold them back and to buck traditional stereotypes.

This dual standard confuses many males. Especially those who have grown up in traditional style families. They see it as almost a total gender reversal, and don't like that idea. Because of that, many of these males separate themselves from society and seek out the few males and females who also disregard the current mindset. I know this because for many years I was exactly taht way. Thankfully, three years ago I found a much more traditional woman, and we're now happily married..... at ages 33 (her) and 40 (me).

Yes it is happening, and here's why.... We have built a society where boys/men are no longer allowed to act like boys/men. They aren't allowed to be loud, noisy, boistrous, inappropriate and aggressive. They are expected to rein in all of that energy and exhuberance to act all proper and appropriate. This stifles much of the male spirit both in youth and as they grow older. We expect them to act with much more traditionally female attitudes.

On the other side we are trying to build a society that promotes women and girls partaking in the very same behaviors, activities and personalities that we are trying to stomp out in boys/men. We want girls to be bold, ambitious, outgoing and adventurous. We tell them that they shouldn't let anything hold them back and to buck traditional stereotypes.

This dual standard confuses many males. Especially those who have grown up in traditional style families. They see it as almost a total gender reversal, and don't like that idea. Because of that, many of these males separate themselves from society and seek out the few males and females who also disregard the current mindset. I know this because for many years I was exactly taht way. Thankfully, three years ago I found a much more traditional woman, and we're now happily married..... at ages 33 (her) and 40 (me).
I haven't experienced this duel standard. Not to say it doesn't exist, but there seems to be more than you're accounting for.

My sexidus is a protective reaction to constant betrayal, not roll reversal.

Truth or not?

I'm pretty sure you're quoting a German guy on his life in Germany.

If I was going to have children, I would probably adopt.

As for marriage, I tend to act normally when I meet people - as then they know what they are getting, and there is no problem later on.

Dating is easy in my case, but finding a life partner is harder.

I would say that the only real options left for people that aren't great at being automatons are writing, music, politics, drawing, painting, photography, and acting.

Higher Education is so unaffordable for most people, that I think it is on the way out and will eventually be replaced by internet distance learning. Sure Harvard, Oxford, Princeton will still operate, but they will be elite schools only for millionaires and billionaires (if the tuition fees continue to increase).

Truth or not?

Yes, schools are designed, not so much for females, but for a certain type of learn which happens to be more prevalent among females.

Someone made a theory of some kind about 4 types of learners.

http://www.sagepub.com/upm-data/36929_Gregory_DIBlock_Ch2.pdf (starting page 12)

There's beach ball, microscope, puppy dog and clipboard.

Schools are full of teachers who are clipboards. People who love lists, people who organise to their hearts content. It's very difficult for other teachers to get into teaching around so many clipboards. You don't organise properly and they look down on you. You teach differently and they look down on you.
The teaching clipboards do helps clipboards learn better, but boys who are generally less likely to be clipboard, find it quite difficult to learn under this style.

Also there's the type of learning with audio, visual, kinesthetic learners, in a class of 30 or more, the latter will struggle massively. Audio learners find things the easiest, because they listen attentively. Visual learners will want to draw, will want to see things, and teachers often find that this is kids being distracted, but they might be listening.

So who does better out of this? Girls usually. There are some boys.

This one size fits all approach makes many, a lot of boys, feel like they're stupid. Education as it stands now is not for them.

A person who knows this would change the system, make different teaching and learning styles for different classes and separating kids based on their learning. But no, they don't want this. You get shoved in a class and you get on with it.

Education isn't about intelligence, it's about brick walls and foreheads.

What does he mean dull the pain with girls? And how old is this guy? He does, by his own words, sound like a pedo.

My liberal mind wants so badly to disagree with this article but, in principle, it has some valid arguments. It is terribly difficult to be a man these days, when Jerry Seinfeld said "99% of people are undatable" he spoke the truth. It's a minefield of damaged, bitter women and overgrown boys out there trying like hell to get what they want with no clue as to how to co-exist with the opposite sex. Blaming it all on feminism as the author does is kind of bullshit though, he is playing the victim as much as he is accusing women of doing.

I know that if anything ever happened to my wife that I would most likely never get married again. There is no one else for me.

Truth or not?

I'm pretty sure you're quoting a German guy on his life in Germany.

I think the article is pretty poorly written. Seems to jump from Germany to America.

It's a very interesting 2 parts. Some of it swings the pendulum the other way, but there is a lot of merit in it too. But again, as the author points out, where are the men in this conversation? The fact that they have dropped out of even the discussion shows how far it has gone.

Truth or not?

Is this thread suggesting that men become gay? I mean, wouldn't that be the conclusion of a trend engineered to start a new movement in men despising women and all that they're caught up in? This was how the gay male movement actually pitched it in the 1970s. They said that men should abandon women because they could have all the sex they wanted and not have the problem of pregnancy.

This sounds eerily similar. Who is the OP?

Shall I venture to guess next that we'll be told and herded in the direction of women giving up on men as Sexodus part II?

I haven't experienced this duel standard. Not to say it doesn't exist, but there seems to be more than you're accounting for.

My sexidus is a protective reaction to constant betrayal, not roll reversal.
If relationships become a duel, it is time to check out!!!

No, that's what a selfish child would say. Instead, it's time to talk, honestly and openly. Better yet, it's time to think-ahead. When you're courting a gal don't think with your dick. Think with your brain. If your brain can stand her and likes her and warms up to her, your dick will find the target soon enough..

Pretty elementary stuff. It's an old fashioned concept but darned if it doesn't work.

Forum List

Back