THE SEXODUS, PART 1: THE MEN GIVING UP ON WOMEN AND CHECKING OUT OF SOCIETY

There's a lot of truth to the article, I don't know about guys abandoning the chase but there is a concerted effort to neuter males and empower females. It has gone to the head of some gals, I've had two recent problems in business, both young females, that thought they could play games with me and get away with it. I went 25 years without taking someone to court so there is something going on.

When I meet young couples (opposite gendered anyway) the female is almost always the head of household, the male is a simple income earner and errand boy. They look sheepish and defer all decisions to their master. It isn't always that way but way more than coincidence. For the record I don't believe in anyone dominating the other but this is a complete reversal of the sexism we were supposedly moving away from.

There's a lot of truth to the article, I don't know about guys abandoning the chase but there is a concerted effort to neuter males and empower females. It has gone to the head of some gals, I've had two recent problems in business, both young females, that thought they could play games with me and get away with it. I went 25 years without taking someone to court so there is something going on.

When I meet young couples (opposite gendered anyway) the female is almost always the head of household, the male is a simple income earner and errand boy. They look sheepish and defer all decisions to their master. It isn't always that way but way more than coincidence. For the record I don't believe in anyone dominating the other but this is a complete reversal of the sexism we were supposedly moving away from.
I was the earner and decision maker for 27 years.

Now, I have a brilliant GF, organized, efficient, sensible, all of which I am not.

I gladly defer to her wisdom.

Just her investing advice made me $40K in the last two years.

A strong, intelligent man in touch with his limitations has no problem letting a smarter woman make a lot of decisions.

The only ones she does not make are about when I come and go, as hunting and fishing dictate.

I call it organized freedom, and find I work well with a list.

I never got shit done before, just ran in circles.

I appreciate the organization; I needed direction.

I am happy as a tick on a boar's balls having a woman with brains.

Agreed 100%. Men are the natural dominant gender. Women have always run the roost anyway since they've got "the goods" men are after. They just need to dial it back a bit and not be so consumed with overt power. Men are too domesticated as a result. There's nothing more disturbing to me than seeing a man henpecked into a simpering non-person..

But the drunk-with-power thing happens to both genders in different arenas. When society tells them "you're in power now, you hold ALL the cards" they bite that bait and run with it. Then they become miserable ogres that nobody wants to or has any sense to want to be around.

This guy sounds like a pathetic, whiny loser. Women aren't interested in monogamy? Maybe they're just no interested in monogamy with you. Maybe you need to earn their interest.

This guy sounds like a pathetic, whiny loser. Women aren't interested in monogamy? Maybe they're just no interested in monogamy with you. Maybe you need to earn their interest.
That monogamy think needs to be worked out before you start having sex.

What was the old song, "Take time to know her".

Grand advice.

That monogamy think needs to be worked out before you start having sex.

What was the old song, "Take time to know her".

Grand advice.

That, or reevaluate the time frame you expect. I only need women to be monogamous to me for 5 minutes at a time. Maybe 10, if you account for getting dressed and undressed and showering afterwards.

Christ

So many date today by how the woman's resume looks, what her parents income level is and what her politics are.

No wonder so many have a hard time finding happiness

Buck up, find someone who you enjoy being with and act like a Man. Honestly, that's all it takes

Many young guys feel that way.

Sad.
If late 30s is what you're calling young, then thank you :)
Tale of two brothers.

My grandfather and his brother were the two oldest, in old rural Alabama.

To get out, they made a deal with their father, for tuition, they would go to school, and then make sure the other 12 went to school.

All 14 of these sharecropper kids all got at least a HS education.

But, to the point.

My grandfather married at 25, and died with a trunk full of old clothes, though all four of his kids finished college, and his sons finished medical school and law school, and his daughters were teachers.

His brother waited until he was 40 to marry, had four kids too, all were educated, and two were naval officers.

Having married late, he left each a few million dollars.

Yes, late 30's is young.

Go find another late 30's high achiever, with no kids and no baggage.

She is out there looking for you too.

Raise good sane kids.

The wait will have been worth it.

No, that's what a selfish child would say. Instead, it's time to talk, honestly and openly. Better yet, it's time to think-ahead. When you're courting a gal don't think with your dick. Think with your brain. If your brain can stand her and likes her and warms up to her, your dick will find the target soon enough..

Pretty elementary stuff. It's an old fashioned concept but darned if it doesn't work.
This assumes your brain has experience and knowledge enough to make a better decision. Also, "thinking with your brain" cannot guard against your spouse being clinically diagnosed with real problems later in life, nor can your brain do anything about her refusal to get treatment. "Thinking with your brain" can't stop your mother from abusing you while you're a small child. "Thinking with your brain" can't stop your step-mother from doing the same. "Thinking with your brain" can't keep your sisters from abandoning you to that home-life, nor can "thinking with your brain" force your sisters to improve the relationship later in life. "Thinking with your brain" can't stop the female soldiers in your unit from acting like whores while deployed (that ended a promising friendship of mine), nor can "thinking with your brain" force the platoon Sergeant to take action.

"Thinking with your brain" isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Christ

So many date today by how the woman's resume looks, what her parents income level is and what her politics are.

No wonder so many have a hard time finding happiness

Buck up, find someone who you enjoy being with and act like a Man. Honestly, that's all it takes
Yep be yourself, and take the time for that to soak into your woman's head.

Seems too many women fall for the ideal they projected onto guys, then find out that was not real, and then go on to bitch that they were duped and used.

No, that's what a selfish child would say. Instead, it's time to talk, honestly and openly. Better yet, it's time to think-ahead. When you're courting a gal don't think with your dick. Think with your brain. If your brain can stand her and likes her and warms up to her, your dick will find the target soon enough..

Pretty elementary stuff. It's an old fashioned concept but darned if it doesn't work.
This assumes your brain has experience and knowledge enough to make a better decision. Also, "thinking with your brain" cannot guard against your spouse being clinically diagnosed with real problems later in life, nor can your brain do anything about her refusal to get treatment. "Thinking with your brain" can't stop your mother from abusing you while you're a small child. "Thinking with your brain" can't stop your step-mother from doing the same. "Thinking with your brain" can't keep your sisters from abandoning you to that home-life, nor can "thinking with your brain" for your sisters to improve the relationship later in life. "Thinking with your brain" can't stop the female soldiers in your unit from acting like whores while deployed (that ended a promising friendship of mine), nor can "thinking with your brain" force the platoon Sergeant to take action.

After learning a lot about raising kids, I had a third one, when I was forty.

I ended up raising him.

When he hit 12, I told him the truth."Son, you are about to enter the stupid years. Do not trust anything your hormone addled brain tells you until you are 25, until then, second and third guess everything>"

He listened, finished college with a 3.8, never knocked up any girls, never got an STD, worked a few years straight out of college, and is in grad school now.

When I meet young couples (opposite gendered anyway) the female is almost always the head of household, the male is a simple income earner and errand boy.

Bub, that's been the case since time immemorable. Despite the historical biases, women have always been the ones who are really in charge in the home. She who controls the panties controls the family.

Reminds me of a very stereotypical scene back when I was 18 years old. My girlfriend's grandparents were in town and I was invited to join the family out for dinner. A discussion arose as to where we would go. Her father made a recommendation, her grandfather seconded the idea. But her mom wanted something else, and grandmom voted along with her as well, and of course that was the decision. I marveled at this for a moment and spoke up. I pointed out that the three of us were three good looking men, to which the other two agreed, and that we all great catches, and they agreed again. Then I recommended that considering that fact maybe we should make the decision and let them follow us.

All three women and the two older men laughed at my naivety as the grabbed their coats and told me "Oh no, young man! That's now how it works! You'll learn soon enough." A moment later my girlfriend whispered in my ear "We'll see how lucky you get tonight." And yes indeed, I learned soon enough.

My liberal mind wants so badly to disagree with this article but, in principle, it has some valid arguments. It is terribly difficult to be a man these days, when Jerry Seinfeld said "99% of people are undatable" he spoke the truth. It's a minefield of damaged, bitter women and overgrown boys out there trying like hell to get what they want with no clue as to how to co-exist with the opposite sex. Blaming it all on feminism as the author does is kind of bullshit though, he is playing the victim as much as he is accusing women of doing.
I agree--and I'm not liberal, but I AM anti-conservative. The main thing for guys is to be strong enough to not have to worry about such things. Be true to yourself, and have high character. If you do that, then such problems will elude you.

Life is what you make it. The one thing all your relationships have in common is YOU. If your relationships don't go well, start there.

Stop blaming women (or men) for what are very likely your own problems. Fix yourself first then go looking for someone with whom to share your life.

Take responsibility for your own life and quit blaming others.

And quit being a professional victim.

(WHY is this in Politics?)

This assumes your brain has experience and knowledge enough to make a better decision. Also, "thinking with your brain" cannot guard against your spouse being clinically diagnosed with real problems later in life, nor can your brain do anything about her refusal to get treatment. "Thinking with your brain" can't stop your mother from abusing you while you're a small child. "Thinking with your brain" can't stop your step-mother from doing the same. "Thinking with your brain" can't keep your sisters from abandoning you to that home-life, nor can "thinking with your brain" force your sisters to improve the relationship later in life. "Thinking with your brain" can't stop the female soldiers in your unit from acting like whores while deployed (that ended a promising friendship of mine), nor can "thinking with your brain" force the platoon Sergeant to take action.

I think your point is that 1. Young men are sometimes ill-prepared to know what a good woman is from a general endemic problem with females in society and 2. You had a rough time of it! Geeze!

This is why we need to value our elders. It also is an old-fashioned concept. If you come from a life of dysfunction and something inside you knows as a child that what is happening is wrong, look to other role models. That's what I did coming from similar circumstances. I found role models female and male to admire and model my own behaviors after while I worked on weeding out and eradicating all the foul seed planted in my mind as a child. It can be done. So take heart.

Elders have lived through all this shit before and some of them even opt not to take sedatives and shove it down in a vault. Some of us oldies have thought about stuff while completely sober. Cried it out, pounded on a punching bag or what have you. Then you pick up and you dust yourself off and move on, more flexible, lighter and better prepared for the next round of crap that comes in waves your whole life. Anyone's life!

Eventually you learn to just live each day as it comes, thankful for even the crappy moments because there are so few left. And you can really learn to let the crap roll off you like water off a duck's back. Make lemonade from lemons.

When you're courting women, be sure to be honest and only even bother to talk to the ones who seem genuine, aren't slathered from head to toe with makeup, dressed like hookers. Avoid the ones that have their nails done or any plastic surgery. Get back to basics. Here's a hint: if the women start to notice the plain, smart girls getting all the male action, then they'll change their plastic dumb-act in a hurry. So maybe the guys are to blame after all eh? Be careful what you're attracted to. You may be teaching the other side what "men find attractive"...

My liberal mind wants so badly to disagree with this article but, in principle, it has some valid arguments. It is terribly difficult to be a man these days, when Jerry Seinfeld said "99% of people are undatable" he spoke the truth. It's a minefield of damaged, bitter women and overgrown boys out there trying like hell to get what they want with no clue as to how to co-exist with the opposite sex. Blaming it all on feminism as the author does is kind of bullshit though, he is playing the victim as much as he is accusing women of doing.
I agree--and I'm not liberal, but I AM anti-conservative. The main thing for guys is to be strong enough to not have to worry about such things. Be true to yourself, and have high character. If you do that, then such problems will elude you.

Totally agree and would add

Always treat her like a lady. Those that don't appreciate that treatment aren't ladies. Give those the boot and let them become someone else's problem.

Always treat her like a lady. Those that don't appreciate that treatment aren't ladies. Give those the boot and let them become someone else's problem.
Man, that stuff WOWS them.

Open doors, send flowers, practice the lost art of taking your time, getting to know a lady.

It pays off.

Open doors, send flowers, practice the lost art of taking your time, getting to know a lady.

It pays off.

Worked 500 years ago

Worked 100 years ago

Works today and centuries from now.

This generation thinks they can reinvent everything.

Romance trumps all with the fairer sex. Always has, always will

It pays off.

Worked 500 years ago

Worked 100 years ago

Works today and centuries from now.

This generation thinks they can reinvent everything.

Romance trumps all with the fairer sex. Always has, always will

Knowing your place never hurt either!!!!!!!

; - )

Forum List

Back