The Second Presidential Debate Oct 16

Discussion in 'Election Forums' started by Foxfyre, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,398
    President Obama and Mitt Romney have found a strong area of agreement. Neither want Sandy Crowley to participate in the second presidential debate of this campaign season. The rules they agreed to specifically limit the moderator to time keeping and calling on citizens from the gathering to ask questions.

Candy Crowley Draws Complaints From Obama And Romney Campaigns Before Debate

However I was hearing on the morning news that even if Crowley, who WANTS to ask follow up questions, is backed down from doing that, she is still pre-screening the questions that will be asked from the citizens. In other words these will be neither spontaneous nor random and will be likely specifically engineered to be Crowley's blueprint for the debate.

Are you comfortable with this. Is this what you expected?

Then we'll follow up after the debate.

2. TNHarley

TNHarley Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,686
    I would rather hear the campaigners go at it. Not the moderator. Get rid of her ass. I CAN'T wait for the debate. I think its gonna keep me glued more than the V.P. debates. Godfather pizza, corona, good company and these guys going at it. Priceless. Just hope my company keeps their mouths shut lol

3. Foxfyre

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,398
    I will be watching and hope it is a good, spirited, and substantive exchange.

However, as I commented on another thread, when you have a liberal Democrat doing the moderation,my concern is that it will be be engineered for Obama to get all the 'boxers or briefs?' questions and Romney to get the "How do you live with firing all those people while you were making yourself a multi-millionaire at Bain Capital?" questions.

I hope I'm wrong.

4. occupied

occupied Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,744
    It's typical, nothing unusual here, the incredible amount of negotiation that goes into getting those two guys on the same stage has always been much more fierce than the actual debates.

5. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,401
    If it is a typicla GOP audience they will ask why Obama is a Moooslim

6. Foxfyre

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,398
    Do you honestly believe a liberal Democrat who is screening the questions that will be allowed to be asked would allow that? So rather than your usual one-liners, how about focusing on the process here for now?

Would you be comfortable with say, Sean Hannity, screening the questions that hand picked people in the audience would be allowed to ask?

7. masquerade

masquerade positivity

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Boxer briefs foxfyre ... it's the sexiest way to roll. :lol:

Kidding aside, I think Ms. Crowley will end up getting into the thick of things ... instead of being the moderator both campaigns want ... she'll start asking follow up questions. I hope not though. I just want to hear Obama and Romney, thank you very much.

My expectations for tomorrow night are ... Obama comes on strong. Perhaps too strong. He'll be on the offensive, condescending, insulting and authoritative and will use every opportunity to ridicule. He'll also use the same two hand gestures that he always uses. The first, palms in, thumbs up and fingers facing each other. The other ... making a ball with his hands. I'm thinking the left hand on top, the right below.

I expect Romney to be on the defensive at times, but for the most part, stay on the offensive. I do however see Romeny getting flustered and angry at times.

I also expect to be tired after a long day of work.

8. beretta304

beretta304 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73

Maybe "they" should! :cool:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  9. masquerade

masquerade positivity

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    I wouldn't. I can't stand Sean Hannity the right-winged bomb thrower.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    The main argument against Crowley isn't so much that she will be screening the questions, but that the candidates have agreed to certain things and Crowley insists that she isn't bound by anything that was agreed to. That's why they are both objecting.