The Second Presidential Debate Oct 16

With all due respect, Decker...when Romney insisted on being allowed to talk during their first debate, Barack Obama was already up five minutes in speaking time and was asking to "make one more point". That wasn't Jim Lehrer that stepped in and stopped Obama from rambling on...that was Mitt Romney and he did so because it was becoming absurd how much of the time the President was consuming.

Or did you miss the part of the debate when Obama complained about being stopped while still having 5 seconds left to speak and then droned on for another 2 full minutes. One can only hope that Candy Crowley gives equal time to both candidates but I frankly don't expect that to happen. Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan must win these debates DESPITE the moderators...and DESPITE the subsequent coverage by the Main Stream Media. It's a daunting challenge.

****You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Oldstyle again****

Bingo! And so far I haven't seen anything in Crowley's debate prep to suggest she has intentions of being more fair about much of anything, But if Romney can do as good a job as he did in the first debate in spite of that, he wins. :)
i never tried to give it to old style. i respect people views and was just debating

also you are right . if romney produces same peformance as first debate, he probally win second debate and we maybe pull clear after that in polls.

With all due respect, Decker...when Romney insisted on being allowed to talk during their first debate, Barack Obama was already up five minutes in speaking time and was asking to "make one more point". That wasn't Jim Lehrer that stepped in and stopped Obama from rambling on...that was Mitt Romney and he did so because it was becoming absurd how much of the time the President was consuming.

Or did you miss the part of the debate when Obama complained about being stopped while still having 5 seconds left to speak and then droned on for another 2 full minutes. One can only hope that Candy Crowley gives equal time to both candidates but I frankly don't expect that to happen. Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan must win these debates DESPITE the moderators...and DESPITE the subsequent coverage by the Main Stream Media. It's a daunting challenge.

****You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Oldstyle again****

Bingo! And so far I haven't seen anything in Crowley's debate prep to suggest she has intentions of being more fair about much of anything, But if Romney can do as good a job as he did in the first debate in spite of that, he wins. :)
i never tried to give it to old style. i respect people views and was just debating

also you are right . if romney produces same peformance as first debate, he probally win second debate and we maybe pull clear after that in polls.

My prediction is that the majority of the Main Stream media outlets have already written their copy declaring that Obama was the victor in the second debate because that is what they DESPERATELY want.

The media bias is so overwhelming that if Obama shows up and doesn't act like he's on sleeping pills that it's a given that he'll be declared the "winner".

The only thing that's in doubt is whether the undecided voters are going to buy what they are being TOLD by the Main Stream Media. I'm still leaning towards them being smart enough to see through the smoke and mirrors and make an intelligent choice.

It does not help the president though. when cnn has their tracker of audiences reaction is went down in first debate when obama kept talking and talking.

It bit like if you do a presentation and drone on and audience watching nod off. Best presentations is one which short , crisp and concise. Romney better then president at this. I just wish bill clinton was out their facing romney. who was such better debater then the president.

But you see, the President has been so far removed from reality for so long now, that I don't know if he is capable of recognizing it no matter how clearly it is explained to him. The early insider information is that he honestly believed he won that first debate. He has been bowed to and genuflected to and praised and adored by his admirers for so long, had his every action excused and/or defended, been told over and over what a great orator he is, and how he is the champion of all that is noble, good, and wonderful in the world, he honestly believes his own surrogate press. He doesn't take criticism of any kind well, becomes immediately defensive, is most likely punative to those who oppose him when he can be, so few of his staff or others who surround him dare tell him the truth about anything.

I wonder if Michelle does? Watching the body language between those two for the last few years, I doubt they talk much or spend much time together at all.

At any rate, whatever his performance tomorrow night, his loyal followers here on USMB and elsewhere will declare Romney to be an ass and a liar and that Obama won on substance. And he will believe them.

And I agree that Clinton was maybe the smartest Democrat we've had in high office ever, and a debate between him and Romney, who may be the smartest candidate the GOP has ever run, would be something to watch.
well from what i seen their many conservative on here to argue with liberals who say obama wrong]

your right that too long in white house can leave you out of touch. I think president need to listen to advice for the debate. if he does not then this election could be over in no time for him and romney will be the next president.

Given Obama's track record that so far has produced negatives in almost every single economic indicator and in most aspects of social well being, can you honestly believe Obama deserves a second term? Do you honestly hope he has such a great debate performannce that he will wow most of America and they'll re-elect him by a wide margin as they did ln the last election?

Romney is liberal enough to please most progressives though our bitter political environment forces the statist winguts to automatically hate anybody who isn't a liberal Democrat, and most of us are resigned that under Romney we won't likely see a huge reduction in big government solutionns. But we do expect him to implement a tax and regulation policy that will help Americans get back to work and start digging out of the hole Obama economics have put us in. And we trust him to do what he can do as President to start ratcheting down on the irreponsible spending and dangerous deficits.

Obama cannot be trusted to do any of that.

I just hope Romney will again come across as the can do guy in this upcoming debate and reassure more people that he is indeed the better choice.

But you see, the President has been so far removed from reality for so long now, that I don't know if he is capable of recognizing it no matter how clearly it is explained to him. The early insider information is that he honestly believed he won that first debate. He has been bowed to and genuflected to and praised and adored by his admirers for so long, had his every action excused and/or defended, been told over and over what a great orator he is, and how he is the champion of all that is noble, good, and wonderful in the world, he honestly believes his own surrogate press. He doesn't take criticism of any kind well, becomes immediately defensive, is most likely punative to those who oppose him when he can be, so few of his staff or others who surround him dare tell him the truth about anything.

I wonder if Michelle does? Watching the body language between those two for the last few years, I doubt they talk much or spend much time together at all.

At any rate, whatever his performance tomorrow night, his loyal followers here on USMB and elsewhere will declare Romney to be an ass and a liar and that Obama won on substance. And he will believe them.

And I agree that Clinton was maybe the smartest Democrat we've had in high office ever, and a debate between him and Romney, who may be the smartest candidate the GOP has ever run, would be something to watch.
well from what i seen their many conservative on here to argue with liberals who say obama wrong]

your right that too long in white house can leave you out of touch. I think president need to listen to advice for the debate. if he does not then this election could be over in no time for him and romney will be the next president.

Given Obama's track record that so far has produced negatives in almost every single economic indicator and in most aspects of social well being, can you honestly believe Obama deserves a second term? Do you honestly hope he has such a great debate performannce that he will wow most of America and they'll re-elect him by a wide margin as they did ln the last election?

Romney is liberal enough to please most progressives though our bitter political environment forces the statist winguts to automatically hate anybody who isn't a liberal Democrat, and most of us are resigned that under Romney we won't likely see a huge reduction in big government solutionns. But we do expect him to implement a tax and regulation policy that will help Americans get back to work and start digging out of the hole Obama economics have put us in. And we trust him to do what he can do as President to start ratcheting down on the irreponsible spending and dangerous deficits.

Obama cannot be trusted to do any of that.

I just hope Romney will again come across as the can do guy in this upcoming debate and reassure more people that he is indeed the better choice.
i am a liberal and therefore i can not hope romney win due to fact i disagree with his views on abortion, gay rights , wanting to cut debt but also make sure rich pay share of taxes.

i just think obama shares more views then i do. But if mitt romney win then i wish him best of luck and i am sure he do his best for america

he win the next debate in my view. he better debater and seem better at putting himself across then obama

My prediction is that the majority of the Main Stream media outlets have already written their copy declaring that Obama was the victor in the second debate because that is what they DESPERATELY want.

The media bias is so overwhelming that if Obama shows up and doesn't act like he's on sleeping pills that it's a given that he'll be declared the "winner".

The only thing that's in doubt is whether the undecided voters are going to buy what they are being TOLD by the Main Stream Media. I'm still leaning towards them being smart enough to see through the smoke and mirrors and make an intelligent choice.
i think undecided don,t let media tell them what they saw. they see it for themselves.

you should be very confident about tuesday. if it goes same way as first debate . election is over and your guy has won

"Crowley is a vegetarian and practices transcendental meditation." :ack-1:

Candy Crowley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

story.crowley.cnn.jpg

Now there's nothing wrong with being a vegetarian, or practicing any form of meditation ... but damn .... that woman must be gorging on some serious veggies.

I would like to retract this part of my post. It was out-of-character for me ... seeing I often shy away from comments regarding someone's appearance, while usually rolling my eyes at folks that do. My comment was bugging on me since typing it, so I'm going on the record now as making a personal mistake ... a bad choice as it were.

"Crowley is a vegetarian and practices transcendental meditation." :ack-1:

Candy Crowley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

story.crowley.cnn.jpg

Now there's nothing wrong with being a vegetarian, or practicing any form of meditation ... but damn .... that woman must be gorging on some serious veggies.

I would like to retract this part of my post. It was out-of-character for me ... seeing I often shy away from comments regarding someone's appearance, while usually rolling my eyes at folks that do. My comment was bugging on me since typing it, so I'm going on the record now as making a personal mistake ... a bad choice as it were.

:) Gotta give you a Mama Fox ((hug)) for that one, g/f. I doubt that being out of character hasn't happened to all of us more than once. Those of us who have character anyway. :)

i done few times out of character. we all do it. that we human. no worries . very good to see some honestly and humbleness on here.

No. The liberal who refuses to have a Fox News affiliated in any way moderator decides. The best the conservative can hope to get is one of the more moderate liberals.

Why is there ONLY liberal moderators in these debates?? Why not one conservative? Who decides?

Both campaigns.

So the Romney campaign decided that it wanted all liberal moderators? Yeah, I can see why THAT would happen.

I was curious to see how it was that the moderators were chosen and if a conservative had EVER sat as a moderator. Here's the amazing thing...I went back all the way to 1980 and there was not a solitary moderator that is even close to being conservative. PBS gets picked predominantly followed by CNN. Fox News has never had a moderator chosen.

Do you honestly believe a liberal Democrat who is screening the questions that will be allowed to be asked would allow that? So rather than your usual one-liners, how about focusing on the process here for now?

Would you be comfortable with say, Sean Hannity, screening the questions that hand picked people in the audience would be allowed to ask?

I wouldn't. I can't stand Sean Hannity the right-winged bomb thrower.

Well I just threw Sean out there because he is so visibly partisan and does seem to push some of the more extreme concepts, though he does so with more integrity than some. I would trust him to be fair, as I have seen him interview liberal Democrats, but I would not expect the Left to trust him to be fair.

So okay, let's go with somebody who is tough on both sides, say a Bill O'Reilly or Megyn Kelly? I think both would be great moderators for a debate, but what Democrat would accept them? Still Republicans typically have had to accept left leaning moderators in these debates because that's all that are available unless Fox News sponsors the debate, and no Democrat will allow that.

You are delusional. Proving that one with some intelligence can be easily fooled. Your take on Hannity exposes your complete lack of integrity. Your seeing Bill O and Kelly as fair announces it.

Last edited:
I wouldn't. I can't stand Sean Hannity the right-winged bomb thrower.

Well I just threw Sean out there because he is so visibly partisan and does seem to push some of the more extreme concepts, though he does so with more integrity than some. I would trust him to be fair, as I have seen him interview liberal Democrats, but I would not expect the Left to trust him to be fair.

So okay, let's go with somebody who is tough on both sides, say a Bill O'Reilly or Megyn Kelly? I think both would be great moderators for a debate, but what Democrat would accept them? Still Republicans typically have had to accept left leaning moderators in these debates because that's all that are available unless Fox News sponsors the debate, and no Democrat will allow that.

You are delusional. Proving that one with some intelligence can be easily fooled. Your take on Hannity exposes your complete lack of integrity. Your seeing Bill O and Kelly as fair announces it.
i don,t think they could have anyone who are out their as blantant dem or rep. so your right their

Ten minutes to the debate:

Final debate rules if this is the real deal:

Sandy Crowley has prescreened questions and selected the people who will ask them.
Sandy Crowley will provide follow up questions.
Each candidate gets two minutes to respond to the questions or comment.
Candidates will not engage each other in any way or ask each other any questions.
Candidates are restricted to a specific area of the arena. Chairs provided were carefully screened and approved by both campaigns.
News cameras may not cut away to the audience or to the other candidate while a candidate is speaking.
No split screen tonight.

Sigh. If this really is the final debate format, unless there is a heck of lot of spirited commentary this may be structured to be so boring nobody will watch.

Last edited:
President Obama and Mitt Romney have found a strong area of agreement. Neither want Sandy Crowley to participate in the second presidential debate of this campaign season. The rules they agreed to specifically limit the moderator to time keeping and calling on citizens from the gathering to ask questions.

Candy Crowley Draws Complaints From Obama And Romney Campaigns Before Debate

However I was hearing on the morning news that even if Crowley, who WANTS to ask follow up questions, is backed down from doing that, she is still pre-screening the questions that will be asked from the citizens. In other words these will be neither spontaneous nor random and will be likely specifically engineered to be Crowley's blueprint for the debate.

Are you comfortable with this. Is this what you expected?

Then we'll follow up after the debate.

GAME ON, as of this post. :)

Forum List

Back