The Second Presidential Debate Oct 16

"Crowley is a vegetarian and practices transcendental meditation." :ack-1:

Candy Crowley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

story.crowley.cnn.jpg

Now there's nothing wrong with being a vegetarian, or practicing any form of meditation ... but damn .... that woman must be gorging on some serious veggies.

Yes he does, Masquerade. And he is a master at filibustering and blowing as much smoke as is produced by a forest fire when he doesn't really have an argument to offer. He knows how to steal time from his opponent so his opponent won't have it to use. If the moderator allows it, and he gets a difficult question, we will will see that.
I don,t think romney will allow him to do that and he too strong a debater to allow it.

It isn't Romney's style to interrupt though which is why he got four minutes less tie than Obama did in the last debate. He is an excellent listener to a fault and he generally does direct his responses to the questions asked, but if Crowley doesn't like his answers, I think she will cut him off. I can't imagine she would do that to the President. So I expect Obama to get quite a bit more time Tuesday night, and his adorers and surrogate media will swoon and gush over his eloquence (again) and won't care that he won't really be saying anything.

So the best we can hope for is that Romney will again conduct himself in a Presidential manner, will be likeable instead of a detail policy wonk, and will make good use of the time he does get.

Again--broken record--I hope I'm wrong and it is a good debate.

I don't have any personal problem with Crowley, and in that photo she is appropriately and stylishly dressed and looks good.

I don't have any confidence that she will make a good debate moderator or that she has any intention of giving Ronney a fair shake.

But--yet again--I hope I am wrong.

Yes he does, Masquerade. And he is a master at filibustering and blowing as much smoke as is produced by a forest fire when he doesn't really have an argument to offer. He knows how to steal time from his opponent so his opponent won't have it to use. If the moderator allows it, and he gets a difficult question, we will will see that.

So many times I've seen him start to answer a question and then he goes off ..... way out somewhere and starts talking about stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with the question that was asked of him. I sit there ... waiting for him to come full circle and finally answer the question. Needless to say ... I'm left sitting there.
he not very good at keeping his answer short that for sure.

I don't have any personal problem with Crowley, and in that photo she is appropriately and stylishly dressed and looks good.

I don't have any confidence that she will make a good debate moderator or that she has any intention of giving Ronney a fair shake.

But--yet again--I hope I am wrong.
i don,t think she going to be biased but more i worry annoying in her interference in the debate. she should let it flow.

I don,t think romney will allow him to do that and he too strong a debater to allow it.

It isn't Romney's style to interrupt though which is why he got four minutes less tie than Obama did in the last debate. He is an excellent listener to a fault and he generally does direct his responses to the questions asked, but if Crowley doesn't like his answers, I think she will cut him off. I can't imagine she would do that to the President. So I expect Obama to get quite a bit more time Tuesday night, and his adorers and surrogate media will swoon and gush over his eloquence (again) and won't care that he won't really be saying anything.

So the best we can hope for is that Romney will again conduct himself in a Presidential manner, will be likeable instead of a detail policy wonk, and will make good use of the time he does get.

Again--broken record--I hope I'm wrong and it is a good debate.
i don,t think she be unfair. she was very hard quite rightly on obama advisor after first debate.

i think romney won,t be rude but he far better at obama at direct responsers, keeping his point short and being more animated. that will play well for him in the debate. he under less pressure then the president which will help him.

if he wins debate he won the election.

You've got Jim Lehrer, Martha Raddatz, Candy Crowley and Bob Scheiffer as moderators...all of which lean heavily to the left. Then you've got a Main Stream Media reporting on the debates...which once again will lean heavily to the left. The truth of the matter is that for a conservative to win under those circumstances is remarkable and a testament to how bad Barack Obama's performance really was.
well i think from what i watched of debates over years, whatever moderator view does not affect outcome of debate.

i seen bush win debate in 2000 and romney in 2012. In the end if one is better then other at debating as is case this year with romney a better debater then obama, then moderator view has very little view.

i doubt he will be allowed to use up time as i remeber that he was told off four year ago for talking to long.

they have a light that flashes up to stop them talking. so i doubt he get way with going over his time.

With all due respect, Decker...when Romney insisted on being allowed to talk during their first debate, Barack Obama was already up five minutes in speaking time and was asking to "make one more point". That wasn't Jim Lehrer that stepped in and stopped Obama from rambling on...that was Mitt Romney and he did so because it was becoming absurd how much of the time the President was consuming.

Or did you miss the part of the debate when Obama complained about being stopped while still having 5 seconds left to speak and then droned on for another 2 full minutes. One can only hope that Candy Crowley gives equal time to both candidates but I frankly don't expect that to happen. Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan must win these debates DESPITE the moderators...and DESPITE the subsequent coverage by the Main Stream Media. It's a daunting challenge.

Yup and anyone who interviews Barry has got to constantly interrupt him as he goes off on these long winded explanations that use up the minutes and basically say nothing.

Both O'Reilly and Brett Baier found that out when they interviewed him.

Long winded and time consuming without saying a whole lot?? You bet.

With all due respect, Decker...when Romney insisted on being allowed to talk during their first debate, Barack Obama was already up five minutes in speaking time and was asking to "make one more point". That wasn't Jim Lehrer that stepped in and stopped Obama from rambling on...that was Mitt Romney and he did so because it was becoming absurd how much of the time the President was consuming.

Or did you miss the part of the debate when Obama complained about being stopped while still having 5 seconds left to speak and then droned on for another 2 full minutes. One can only hope that Candy Crowley gives equal time to both candidates but I frankly don't expect that to happen. Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan must win these debates DESPITE the moderators...and DESPITE the subsequent coverage by the Main Stream Media. It's a daunting challenge.
i don,t think it that daulting. romney was such a good debater that he still dominated despite all that.

all obama going on does not help the president. Jon strewart mocked him for going on for so long in that debate without saying anything of intrest. So in fact it what you say rather then the speaking time. Romney has been far crisper and sharper then his opponent in both primary and presidential debates. I think could be case again on tuesday

Yup and anyone who interviews Barry has got to constantly interrupt him as he goes off on these long winded explanations that use up the minutes and basically say nothing.

It does not help the president though. when cnn has their tracker of audiences reaction is went down in first debate when obama kept talking and talking.

It bit like if you do a presentation and drone on and audience watching nod off. Best presentations is one which short , crisp and concise. Romney better then president at this. I just wish bill clinton was out their facing romney. who was such better debater then the president.

It does not help the president though. when cnn has their tracker of audiences reaction is went down in first debate when obama kept talking and talking.

It bit like if you do a presentation and drone on and audience watching nod off. Best presentations is one which short , crisp and concise. Romney better then president at this. I just wish bill clinton was out their facing romney. who was such better debater then the president.

Yet in the Vice Presidential debate the Main Stream Media declared Joe Biden the "victor" when he really didn't out debate Paul Ryan on any of the issues and told some really substantial lies. Why was Biden thought to be the "victor"? Because people remembered his antics and didn't remember what Paul Ryan's debate points even were. So is Barack Obama going to debate Mitt Romney on the issues or is he going to let "antics" take the place of intelligent policy proposals? I don't think Obama CAN run on his plans to fix things because it's pretty apparent after four years that he doesn't really have any. So his only choice is to attack Romney's plans and try and convince the American people that a rather moderate Republican with a successful track record of bi-partisan cooperation with the other side of the aisle is actually an extreme conservative who only cares about the rich.

But you see, the President has been so far removed from reality for so long now, that I don't know if he is capable of recognizing it no matter how clearly it is explained to him. The early insider information is that he honestly believed he won that first debate. He has been bowed to and genuflected to and praised and adored by his admirers for so long, had his every action excused and/or defended, been told over and over what a great orator he is, and how he is the champion of all that is noble, good, and wonderful in the world, he honestly believes his own surrogate press. He doesn't take criticism of any kind well, becomes immediately defensive, is most likely punative to those who oppose him when he can be, so few of his staff or others who surround him dare tell him the truth about anything.

I wonder if Michelle does? Watching the body language between those two for the last few years, I doubt they talk much or spend much time together at all.

At any rate, whatever his performance tomorrow night, his loyal followers here on USMB and elsewhere will declare Romney to be an ass and a liar and that Obama won on substance. And he will believe them.

And I agree that Clinton was maybe the smartest Democrat we've had in high office ever, and a debate between him and Romney, who may be the smartest candidate the GOP has ever run, would be something to watch.

Last edited:

Yet in the Vice Presidential debate the Main Stream Media declared Joe Biden the "victor" when he really didn't out debate Paul Ryan on any of the issues and told some really substantial lies. Why was Biden thought to be the "victor"? Because people remembered his antics and didn't remember what Paul Ryan's debate points even were. So is Barack Obama going to debate Mitt Romney on the issues or is he going to let "antics" take the place of intelligent policy proposals? I don't think Obama CAN run on his plans to fix things because it's pretty apparent after four years that he doesn't really have any. So his only choice is to attack Romney's plans and try and convince the American people that a rather moderate Republican with a successful track record of bi-partisan cooperation with the other side of the aisle is actually an extreme conservative who only cares about the rich.
not sure whole media declared biden victor. cnn poll had paul ryan as victor. also few on morning joe on msnbc said they were disspointed in biden antics

so i think media be honest in genral bar maybe msnbc and one or two other if romney wins with ease on tuesday.

But you see, the President has been so far removed from reality for so long now, that I don't know if he is capable of recognizing it no matter how clearly it is explained to him. The early insider information is that he honestly believed he won that first debate. He has been bowed to and genuflected to and praised and adored by his admirers for so long, had his every action excused and/or defended, been told over and over what a great orator he is, and how he is the champion of all that is noble, good, and wonderful in the world, he honestly believes his own surrogate press. He doesn't take criticism of any kind well, becomes immediately defensive, is most likely punative to those who oppose him when he can be, so few of his staff or others who surround him dare tell him the truth about anything.

I wonder if Michelle does? Watching the body language between those two for the last few years, I doubt they talk much or spend much time together at all.

At any rate, whatever his performance tomorrow night, his loyal followers here on USMB and elsewhere will declare Romney to be an ass and a liar and that Obama won on substance. And he will believe them.

And I agree that Clinton was maybe the smartest Democrat we've had in high office ever, and a debate between him and Romney, who may be the smartest candidate the GOP has ever run, would be something to watch.
well from what i seen their many conservative on here to argue with liberals who say obama wrong]

your right that too long in white house can leave you out of touch. I think president need to listen to advice for the debate. if he does not then this election could be over in no time for him and romney will be the next president.

As for Clinton being a better debater than Obama? I hate to break this to you, Decker but Bill Clinton is a whole lot better at just about everything than Barack Obama. If he were our President for the last four years things would not be in the state they are in now because unlike Barry, Slick Willie understood the basics of economics and didn't let liberal dogma keep him from making intelligent policy decisions.

Bill Clinton is a good Democratic "soldier" and he's been there for the leader of his party but I'm convinced that if you were to sit down with Bill, have a few cocktails and talk about economics and what's going on right now...that the former President would tell you in confidence that he thinks the people running things now are the most clueless bunch he's ever seen try to run a country.

****You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Oldstyle again****

Bingo! And so far I haven't seen anything in Crowley's debate prep to suggest she has intentions of being more fair about much of anything, But if Romney can do as good a job as he did in the first debate in spite of that, he wins. :)

As for Clinton being a better debater than Obama? I hate to break this to you, Decker but Bill Clinton is a whole lot better at just about everything than Barack Obama. If he were our President for the last four years things would not be in the state they are in now because unlike Barry, Slick Willie understood the basics of economics and didn't let liberal dogma keep him from making intelligent policy decisions.

Bill Clinton is a good Democratic "soldier" and he's been there for the leader of his party but I'm convinced that if you were to sit down with Bill, have a few cocktails and talk about economics and what's going on right now...that the former President would tell you in confidence that he thinks the people running things now are the most clueless bunch he's ever seen try to run a country.
i think i have to agree that bill clinton does not think much of obama. He i think feel his wife would have been a better president . Looking back i think she was more ready for the job then obama was deep down.

clinton ablity was to be able to react and deal with setback. for example after the goverment shut down, he was able to work with gop in congress to get things done with charm and inablity to get people to listen to him.

best dem i ever seen at dealing with a crisis. he only man i known who could be impeeched and yet still many americans still to like him.

If he were running in this election he have good chance of winning.

Forum List

Back