The SCotUS has cleared the way for Legalized Polygamy.

Polygamy is a choice.

Being Gay isn't.

transgendered is a choice but they are demanding ---self determination. Damn I love that one. I wanna be whatever I claim to be.

How dare they demand something the Constitution guarantees.

Shocking!

The Constitution does not protect ones right to violate other peoples rights. A man that THINKS he is a woman still has man parts and any woman subjected to him in a bathroom has had their rights violated, same with a woman that claims to be a man.

Alright.

Your position is purely nonsensical. It's untrue. The fact that you assert it fails to make it true.

The very fact that there are self proclaimed gays who have biological children through sexual acts with the opposite sex refutes your claim that they cannot choose who they are attracted to.

Apparently to him being attracted to someone of the same gender isn't a choice while being attracted to multiple people of the opposite gender is.

polygamy doesn't mean being attracted to multiple people at the same time.

get a dictionary.

What does that have to do with polygamy ?

polygamy is a choice.

being Gay isn't a choice.

The claim made for legalizing gay marriage was that what consenting adults chose to love each other is no business of anyone else and they should have the right to legalize it. SAME EXACT argument for multiple marriages. By the way Polygamy refers to one husband many wives, I believe the door is open for plural marriages by the very argument that seems to have won it for gays.

polygamy is a choice.

Disagree, there are people that are born to be able to have an intimate relationship with more than one person, why are we not wanting to recognize that desire? Are we some how giving a group of people rights that another does not? Same goes with incest and the ability to marry, you can't help who you fall in love with and we now cannot grant to one group, without granting another, the same rights.

The claim made for legalizing gay marriage was that what consenting adults chose to love each other is no business of anyone else and they should have the right to legalize it. SAME EXACT argument for multiple marriages. By the way Polygamy refers to one husband many wives, I believe the door is open for plural marriages by the very argument that seems to have won it for gays.

The Supreme Court won't agree that an individual has a right to marry more than one person.

Really?? short sighted,if its a right for 2 guys or girls,then its just as much a right for 2 girls and a guy too marry,just because there would be more names on court documents doesn't change anything.

The lid is off,its that simple.

That is a very simplistic point of view.

Tell you what, answer this question and I'll reconsider.

What legitimate concerns does society address by banning gay marriage and what legitimate concerns does society address by banning polygamy?

If there are no legitimate reasons to ban gay marriage then exactly what reason is there for denying 3 or 4 people the right to marry each other? I mean if the only criteria, as was stated by gays as consenting adults and love, you haven't a leg to stand on.

No class of persons is adversely effected, no suspect class of persons is being discriminated against, as laws prohibiting plural marriage apply equally to everyone.

That’s not the case with laws denying same-sex couples their equal protection rights, as such laws exist only to make same-sex couples different from everyone else. This a state cannot do, ‘a state cannot so deem a class of persons a stranger to its laws,’ including marriage law. See: Romer v. Evans (1996).

And those seeking to enter into a plural marriage do not constitute a ‘class of persons,’ nor are they a ‘suspect class’ for reasons of judicial review.

Apparently to him being attracted to someone of the same gender isn't a choice while being attracted to multiple people of the opposite gender is.

polygamy doesn't mean being attracted to multiple people at the same time.

get a dictionary.

Gay mariage doesnt mean being attracted to people of the same gender either.

So when you stop making stupid comparisons people will stop calling you out on it.

The Supreme Court won't agree that an individual has a right to marry more than one person.

well we can get some in there that aren't so uptight. damn polygaphobes

polygamy is a choice.

polygamy could also be one woman with many husbands.

The Supreme Court hasnt agreed that an individual has the right to marry someone of the same gender either. So what?

Forum List

Back