The SCotUS has cleared the way for Legalized Polygamy.

I would guess that most men would admit that they are attracted to more than one woman.

Im sure many women would say they are attracted to more than one man.

So polygamy isnt natural?

Polygamy has existed for thousands of years. Gay marriage for less than 20.

I don't see that happening for several reasons. The legal contract of marriage has become a legal way to sort though many issues. Polygamy could create chaos in terms of probate and healthcare decisions. I also don't see insurance companies or taxing governments extending marriage benefits to an infinite number of people.

A dogmatic child may try to argue that "they have no grounds left to deny it."

But an adult can pretty easily draw distinctions based on the legitimate concerns of society.

Really?? short sighted,if its a right for 2 guys or girls,then its just as much a right for 2 girls and a guy too marry,just because there would be more names on court documents doesn't change anything.

The lid is off,its that simple.

That is a very simplistic point of view.

Tell you what, answer this question and I'll reconsider.

What legitimate concerns does society address by banning gay marriage and what legitimate concerns does society address by banning polygamy?

If there are no legitimate reasons to ban gay marriage then exactly what reason is there for denying 3 or 4 people the right to marry each other? I mean if the only criteria, as was stated by gays as consenting adults and love, you haven't a leg to stand on.

As I have predicted in the past, I will now say that the ruling this morning to legalize Gay Marriages as a "Right" will now be used to erode the reasons used to keep Polygamy illegal.

Just as gay marriage does not effect me personally, polygamy would not either. There is no way in Hell that I could deal with more than one wife at a time.

No kidding, one can be to many for me.

Those at NAMBLA I would guess will tell you they have no choice either.

being a pedophile isn't a choice.

acting on it, is a choice.

just how being Gay isn't a choice but acting on it is.

just how being heterosexual isn't a choice but acting on it is.

you need to learn the difference between hardwired thoughts and acting on them.

Being Gay isn't a choice.

anyone who thinks they can choose to get horny from women or men, is bi-sexual.

Aren't polygamists a specific group of people?

How are they any different than gays?

Polygamy is a choice.

Being Gay isn't.

I disagree, there are some people that can't help loving more than one person. Even gays can love more than one person. Not seeing what an issue with this would be.

Even siblings and relatives should be allowed, there is no reason to treat them differently, than other couples.

Those at NAMBLA I would guess will tell you they have no choice either.

being a pedophile isn't a choice.

acting on it, is a choice.

just how being Gay isn't a choice but acting on it is.

just how being heterosexual isn't a choice but acting on it is.

you need to learn the difference between hardwired thoughts and acting on them.

What the hell is your argument? If we must go against the will of the people, as voted on by Prop 8 because gay is hard wired. Then why must we not accept pedophilia which you admit is equally hardwired? Or am I reading you wrongly and you are agreeing with NAMBLA stance?

Forum List

Back