The SCotUS has cleared the way for Legalized Polygamy.

As I have predicted in the past, I will now say that the ruling this morning to legalize Gay Marriages as a "Right" will now be used to erode the reasons used to keep Polygamy illegal.

Incorrect.

Laws prohibiting polygamy are Constitutional because they’re applied to everyone equally, have a rational basis, and realize a legitimate legislative end.

The same is not true with regard to laws denying same-sex couples their equal protection rights.

Any equal protection violation claim would be unsuccessful in the courts and likely dismissed.

The argument that marriage equality allows for ‘polygamy’ is a fallacy, demagoguery, and ignorant.

I get it! That was the secret agenda behind Prop 8 (and those who funded it) all along, right?

I have had this dicsussion on different boards over the years and not a single arguement that has been put forth by the Left against polygamy stands up when countered with their own arguements for Gay marriage.

Even legal issues... it's as if they never heard of Contractual Law or Partnerships.

Nope.. If Gay marriage is about allowing people to marry who they want to marry and that it is not up to the Government to say that one marriage is good and another is bad, then that applies to multiple partnered marriages also.

As I have predicted in the past, I will now say that the ruling this morning to legalize Gay Marriages as a "Right" will now be used to erode the reasons used to keep Polygamy illegal.

Incorrect.

Laws prohibiting polygamy are Constitutional because they’re applied to everyone equally, have a rational basis, and realize a legitimate legislative end.

The same is not true with regard to laws denying same-sex couples their equal protection rights.

Any equal protection violation claim would be unsuccessful in the courts and likely dismissed.

The argument that marriage equality allows for ‘polygamy’ is a fallacy, demagoguery, and ignorant.

Laws that forbid inter-racial marriages affected every one the same.

And yes, laws that forbid gay marriages affected everyone the same Nothing was stopping a Gay man from marrying a woman or stopped a Lesbian from marrying a Man. Everyone was prevented from marrying a person of the same gender.

There is no rational basis for preventing multiple partnered marriages. None that stand up to the same arguements used to support gay marrages.

Remember, the basis for allowing gay marriage was to allow people to marry those that they love. Who are you to say that three or more people can't love each other? How does that affect your marriage or your everyday life?

It's none of your business.

Incorrect.

Laws prohibiting polygamy are cruel. People should be able to marry all of the people they love, especially if they are all the same sex.

Why stop there? If the SCOTUS can overturn the voted on WILL OF THE PEOPLE they can do anything. So the next logical step is to stop states from having an age limit on marriage. NAMBLA has won a great victory. If laws can not be set by vote by the people then there can be no laws at all.

Incorrect.

Laws prohibiting polygamy are cruel. People should be able to marry all of the people they love, especially if they are all the same sex.

And of any age.

Gays can't reproduce unless they have sex with a female. Gaydom only occurs as a unfortunate series of genetic defects (at birth). By the standards of evolution, according to Darwin, Gays should fail to reproduce significantly with females in order to plague the future of mankind with gaydom, thus "survival of the fittest" kicks in quite well.

So, we don't have a "gay problem" because the numbers of gays have been the same as they've always been (even if they are more open today) and they'll never increase proportionally because they won't reproduce.

In fact, gay marriage is a good way to make gays come out into the open, and only copulate with each other, further reducing the risk of them living in the closet and marrying a woman and spreading their genetic variant of gaydom.

Thus, gay marriage is actually the fastest solution to culling the gay bloodlines.

Like you give a damn about Gays.

Let us know when a SOLID legal reason can be presented for polygamy. Ok?

Let us know when a SOLID legal reason for why its ok for parents to determiine a 18 month old child is transgendered.

Not only polygamy, but beastiality and pedophilia as well. In reality, all perversions will be legalized. Not only legalized, but forced into public acceptance.

The part that I cannot grasp is the progression from forced tolerance to forced acceptance of a behavior group.
This kind of political correctness is going to cause the final breakdown of this nation's moral fiber.
The concept of the family unit one man one woman with children in a long term marriage will become the abnormal. Eventually, traditional marriage will be ridiculed and then scorned.

What about divorce? DOMA protected marriage, now that is has been set aside traditional marriage is threatened, soon marriages all over the nation will break up and men will marry men, women will marry women, dogs will marry cats and we will all be damned.

Once the first domino fell the rest are sure to follow. Damn those activist liberal justices, Damn them!!!

Polygamy is a choice.

Being Gay isn't.

someday, Conservatives will understand this.

Bodey says she did not become gay until after she took her oath of service in the Navy, so did she choose to be gay?

Forum List

Back