The science of evil

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NewGuy, Apr 23, 2004.

1. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure where to put this or how. This is something I thought relevant to the understanding of current racist mentality in the US.

Some like to point to the German ideas of racism and claim it was wrapped up in fact. I found this in recent news and thought it worthwhile for understanding that train of thought. Keep in mind I am not in any way in advocation of the ideas nor the opinions of such thinking. I DO think that in America, it is best that we understand the problems and what people think about them in order to best solve. In a small way, I am hoping this cuts down on all the flame and predominance of such an issue on the board.

As such, I have posted the article below and if the mods deem necessary, I would not take it personal if the post were shortened. I thought it was best left posted as is so people can read it and not have to discard out of laziness in clicking a link.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/feature...22,0,561190.story?coll=bal-features-headlines

2. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0

3. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    It is interesting to note that Eugenics essentially came from the US, but was perfected in Nazi Germany.

I'm not sure how much we can draw on this to understand racism in the US, however. The root of racism in the US is, I believe, ignorance. And it has been passed on throught the generations, in many cases.

I certainly don't excuse anyone's racism, but it is not hard to understand how/why someone feels that way when their daddy and their daddy's daddy were all racist and they learned it from birth.

I believe this is probably the case with Big D.

4. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    But they always absorb nazi doctrine to prove or apply logic to their beliefs. -This is a bit of insight to that thinking. I agree the root is in the US and in the way people are brought up. -This however gives insight to what turns that opinion into unbeatable fact in the mind of a racist.