The SAVE Act

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
The SAVE Act | NumbersUSA - For Lower Immigration Levels

mexgangstersmsnbc.jpg

SAVE is a nice idea but it's really a band-aid. We need to stop these people from getting here in the first place. There will always be employers who will refuse to use e-verify and things of that nature. To fix the problem we need to keep these people out of the US to begin with.

SAVE is a nice idea but it's really a band-aid. We need to stop these people from getting here in the first place. There will always be employers who will refuse to use e-verify and things of that nature. To fix the problem we need to keep these people out of the US to begin with.

There is no one solution, however E-verify, if required for all employers would be a major deterrent to illegals.

There is no one solution, however E-verify, if required for all employers would be a major deterrent to illegals.

And unfortunately that database has many many errors.
It isn't so simple.

My 4-point plan, with all aspects to run concurrently:

1. Secure the border. This includes giving the Border Patrol rules of engagement that allows them to actually secure the border instead of acting like crossing guards.
2. Harshly punish employers who knowingly hire illegals.
3. Deport illegals when found.
4. Require proof of legal presence before someone may wire money out of the country, with harsh penalties for those wire agents who knowingly wire money for illegals.

I believe the last will have a serious impact. It will also cause howls of outrage from Mexico, because they depend on money sent from illegals to prop up their failing economy. Screw 'em.

If they're not here, e-verify isn't necessary. E-verify is a good idea but it only works with those employers who can or will be forced to use it. The contractors picking guys up in front of Home Depot every morning aren't going to be deterred by it because they're not going to use it.

1. Secure the border. This includes giving the Border Patrol rules of engagement that allows them to actually secure the border instead of acting like crossing guards.
4. Require proof of legal presence before someone may wire money out of the country, with harsh penalties for those wire agents who knowingly wire money for illegals.

I believe the last will have a serious impact. It will also cause howls of outrage from Mexico, because they depend on money sent from illegals to prop up their failing economy. Screw 'em.

Somehow turning this country into a police state just isn't doing it for me.

There is nothing of the police state in there.

Unless we deport illegals and remove the attraction for coming here illegally, we're simply not serious about solving the problem.

Unless we deport illegals and remove the attraction for coming here illegally, we're simply not serious about solving the problem.

remove the attraction for coming here illegally

Like NAFTA.

You know.......a Predator drone can patrol a 250 mile circle just by flying. They also have infrared and high power cameras that can see a long way.

Most illegals sneak across the border at night. Use the infrared cameras of a Predator to find them and figure out where they are, then send a squad of BP agents to intercept them. If the drone shows that they have weapons? Simple.......send in a Reaper to take care of the problem.

The first couple of people to have shots taken at them from the air would tell others to stay the fuck away from the border.

Figure we have roughly 2,500 miles of border with Mexico, so that would be about 10 Predator drones and you'd probably only need about 5 Reapers.

Solve the border problem quickly.

remove the attraction for coming here illegally

Like NAFTA.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize there are illegal mule corporations that operate under Federal guidelines.

Assuming you’re not insane or a criminal or both, we’ll infer you’re not advocating a ‘shoot on sight’ policy – as that would be illegal. Otherwise the policy in place is appropriate for securing an international border.

The snag here, obviously, is the ‘knowingly’ part, and the proving thereof.

Deportation is a process requiring adjudication; per Plyler and Boumediene undocumented aliens are entitled to due process rights. So if you’re advocating an illegal alien is discovered in, say, Colorado and he be shipped back to his country of origin the same day, that’s a non-starter as it’s un-Constitutional.

That more than likely will not withstand a court challenge, and consequently it’s highly unlikely Congress would make such an attempt.
For the second time, a federal judge has declared unconstitutional a Farmers Branch ordinance banning illegal immigrants from renting in the city.

U.S. District Judge Jane Boyle of Dallas ruled Wednesday that the ordinance was an attempt to enforce U.S. immigration laws - something the judge said only the federal government can do.

Judge rules Farmers Branch rental ban is unconstitutional | Dallas-Fort Worth Communities - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News

As with an ordinance requiring proof of resident status to rent an apartment being declared un-Constitutional, so too would a law requiring money wiring companies to verify status be struck down.

Assuming you’re not insane or a criminal or both, we’ll infer you’re not advocating a ‘shoot on sight’ policy – as that would be illegal. Otherwise the policy in place is appropriate for securing an international border.

The snag here, obviously, is the ‘knowingly’ part, and the proving thereof.

Deportation is a process requiring adjudication; per Plyler and Boumediene undocumented aliens are entitled to due process rights. So if you’re advocating an illegal alien is discovered in, say, Colorado and he be shipped back to his country of origin the same day, that’s a non-starter as it’s un-Constitutional.

That more than likely will not withstand a court challenge, and consequently it’s highly unlikely Congress would make such an attempt.
For the second time, a federal judge has declared unconstitutional a Farmers Branch ordinance banning illegal immigrants from renting in the city.

U.S. District Judge Jane Boyle of Dallas ruled Wednesday that the ordinance was an attempt to enforce U.S. immigration laws - something the judge said only the federal government can do.

Judge rules Farmers Branch rental ban is unconstitutional | Dallas-Fort Worth Communities - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News

As with an ordinance requiring proof of resident status to rent an apartment being declared un-Constitutional, so too would a law requiring money wiring companies to verify status be struck down.
Then we're simply not serious about fixing the problem.

And no, Mr. President, amnesty is not a fix.

The issue is that you cannot look at someone and tell whether he is an illegal or legal. Ergo the law must intrude on legal citizens as well as illegals to make the distinction.

Deporting people won't work. There was a group of Nigerians that had been deported for the 3rd time. And Nigeria is not exactly next door.
We will bankrupt ourselves trying to put plugs in the dike of illegal immigration.
The Law Enforcement approach simply has failed. We have had 30 years of trying with no success.

Without severely punishing those who sneak into the US, all the "secure the borders" language is pointless.

Expose these people for what they are. Latin Americans trying to take over the United States by mass invasion then infiltration of all US departments.

Has someone ever considered that street gangs are part of this invasion? How should we reward them. I've yet to see any US city make the membership in a gang a major felony. Why is that?

No one has a constitutional right to be a terrorist or a criminal.

Attack the drug smuggling gangs as part of the deportation of illegals.

The issue is that you cannot look at someone and tell whether he is an illegal or legal. Ergo the law must intrude on legal citizens as well as illegals to make the distinction.

Deporting people won't work. There was a group of Nigerians that had been deported for the 3rd time. And Nigeria is not exactly next door.
We will bankrupt ourselves trying to put plugs in the dike of illegal immigration.
The Law Enforcement approach simply has failed. We have had 30 years of trying with no success.
That's because bleeding hearts never let us work seriously at it.

That's because bleeding hearts never let us work seriously at it.

Can you name these "bleeding hearts" that are preventing all this?

Forum List

Back