The Root of the Problem.

Bill O' Reilly's new book "A Bold Fresh Piece of Humanity" is not something I plan on reading...BUT in promotion of the book he was on the radio discussing not only aspects from this "amusing" memoir but also current issues that he takes a firm stance on. Not being a O' Reilly fan I was about to change the station until the host mentioned the economic crisis we are all facing.

I live right by Wall Street, things are a mess- neighbors have told me that they see men and women leaving their offices puking in the streets after hearing about their losses. And I feel their pain.

O'Reilly proceeded in the interview and made an assertion that I agree with fully- blame Washington. Of course the American worker will come back but this situation should have never developed. It is the government who must research and monitor the markets and report to the FCC. As O'Reilly blared: IT IS ABOUT TIME WASHINGTON STARTS LOOKING OUT FOR THE FOLKS AT HOME AND FORGET ABOUT THOSE WALL STREET EXECUTIVES. There is no doubt that the government knew that their were faulty investments being made and did nothing to protect US, the working middle-class and instead they chose to look out for these failing firms. How are we suppose to know where to invest our hard earned money when not even our brokers could have predicted such a downfall- and who is to blame for this lack of knowledge? The government.

As O' Reilly stated on the John Gambling show yesterday, we do not have the means to make such educated decisions but the government does. How were we to know to take our money out of Fannie Mae when their was no federal warning...things need to change- what will Washington do for us now?

Forum List

Back