The right to work

Who has a greater right to work?

• Illegal alien union member

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
On another thread, I asked a leftist union drone:

Who has a greater right to work -- an American non-union member, or an illegal alien union member?

He refused to answer, so that made his views pretty clear. Let's see how USMB feels about it.

Actually no one has the right to work. You have the right to seek employment, but no right to have a job.

Can you link that Michigan law? I know that Michigan has a prevailing wage rate law but that doesn't prevent non-union contractors from bidding.

Reagan went to college in Illinois.
Here's an executive order: Obama administration hands down rule limiting contract bidding to union shops | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

More Democrat payback to special interest groups.

Hmmmm....I didn't see where that was a MICHIGAN LAW but never mind.

That's called "political spoils" and every POTUS has used them for payback. And it's NOT a law. It's an Executive Order. There's a big difference. Laws are made in Congress and signed by the POTUS.

Your hero, George W Bush (You know, the one who got thousands of our kids killed FOR NO GOOD REASON?) used it to award a no bid contract to his and Cheney's pals at Haliburton. He also used it to keep the thugs at the TSA from organizing.

And yet here's another argument that I've decimated. But please, keep throwing them at me. I'm sure you're learning a lot about Unions that's shattering your long held incorrect beliefs. :tongue:

I never supported Bush outside of attacking Iraq. My hero hardly, if you follow my posts you will see that I repeatedly denounce Republicans and Fox news. Further I state Bush's bailout of the banks was no different than his father's bail out of the Savings and Loans, something we are still paying off today, Between Sr and Jr Bush, the twin bailouts, with interest will cost us most likely 2 trillion dollars. .

Shattering my beliefs, ha, ha, just because you say so, I see no indication that you have offered anything to counter facts that I state.

Michigan link, I am sorry I do not use Google to find facts to support ideas. I relate what I experience in life. My buddy in Michigan is a union roofer, I grew up in Michigan, I am sharing personal experience. If you can provide a link showing non-union roofing contractors bidding on government contracts feel free to educate me. I am not always right but in this case it is hard to argue with someone I know personally attempting to start a business roofing. He cannot do it as a non-union shop in Michigan.

I do not have a Google link to my personal experience, sorry.

My personal experience is also not on wikipedia, sorry.

Who has a greater right to work -- an American non-union member, or an illegal alien union member?

He refused to answer, so that made his views pretty clear. Let's see how USMB feels about it.

Actually no one has the right to work. You have the right to seek employment, but no right to have a job.

That is not factually correct. You do have a right to work. You just do not have a right to be paid for your work. An self-employed artist comes to mind.

That's called "political spoils" and every POTUS has used them for payback. And it's NOT a law. It's an Executive Order. There's a big difference. Laws are made in Congress and signed by the POTUS.

Your hero, George W Bush (You know, the one who got thousands of our kids killed FOR NO GOOD REASON?) used it to award a no bid contract to his and Cheney's pals at Haliburton. He also used it to keep the thugs at the TSA from organizing.

And yet here's another argument that I've decimated. But please, keep throwing them at me. I'm sure you're learning a lot about Unions that's shattering your long held incorrect beliefs. :tongue:

I never supported Bush outside of attacking Iraq. My hero hardly, if you follow my posts you will see that I repeatedly denounce Republicans and Fox news. Further I state Bush's bailout of the banks was no different than his father's bail out of the Savings and Loans, something we are still paying off today, Between Sr and Jr Bush, the twin bailouts, with interest will cost us most likely 2 trillion dollars. .

Shattering my beliefs, ha, ha, just because you say so, I see no indication that you have offered anything to counter facts that I state.

Michigan link, I am sorry I do not use Google to find facts to support ideas. I relate what I experience in life. My buddy in Michigan is a union roofer, I grew up in Michigan, I am sharing personal experience. If you can provide a link showing non-union roofing contractors bidding on government contracts feel free to educate me. I am not always right but in this case it is hard to argue with someone I know personally attempting to start a business roofing. He cannot do it as a non-union shop in Michigan.

I do not have a Google link to my personal experience, sorry.

My personal experience is also not on wikipedia, sorry.

Uhhh....I was aiming the post and the comments in it you quoted towards daveman and HIS link. Sorry if you took offense at something that was not aimed at you.

I don't doubt that you may have had some personal experience with that roofing job. My response to YOU is that the research I did failed to substaniate your experience.

Anyway....Daveman is the one who started this thread and thought he was going to educate someone. But it turned out that he was the one who hopefully got educated.

Because I learned some time ago that you can lead a man to knowledge but you can't make him understand. But I'll bet he thinks twice before he starts (and posts in) another anti-union thread without knowing the facts.

Last edited:

That is not factually correct. You do have a right to work. You just do not have a right to be paid for your work. An self-employed artist comes to mind.

Yes..but do you have the right to starve to death?

Can you link that Michigan law? I know that Michigan has a prevailing wage rate law but that doesn't prevent non-union contractors from bidding.

Reagan went to college in Illinois.
Here's an executive order: Obama administration hands down rule limiting contract bidding to union shops | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

More Democrat payback to special interest groups.

Oh, good Gaea, are you moonbats still whining about Halliburton?

In case you forgot, Clinton gave them their first no-bid contract.

And since I know you oppose no-bid contracts so passionately, I expect a hearty condemnation of Obama for doing the same thing.

Oh, wait...no, you won't. Because you're a flaming hypocrite, and a mindless union drone.

:clap2: The best answer of them all.

Anyway....Daveman is the one who started this thread and thought he was going to educate someone. But it turned out that he was the one who hopefully got educated.
Is that what you're told to call union indoctrination? :lol:
Because I learned some time ago that you can lead a man to knowledge but you can't make him understand. But I'll bet he thinks twice before he starts (and posts in) another anti-union thread without knowing the facts.
I've seen your "facts". They bear little relation to reality.

But you keep stamping your feet and insisting otherwise. It's amusing and pathetic all at the same time, watching an allegedly grown man act like a child. :lol:

Here are your lies in chronological order.....

Dagoose: I guess the only correct answer would be that there's a reason they're called ILLEGAL aliens. (Where I answered your stupid question)

Daveman: The best thing Reagan did, and what most pissed off the left, was he said it was okay to be proud to be an American again. (Lie #1)

Dagoose: And please show me a President who said it WASN'T okay to be proud to be an American? And link it please.

Daveman: Obama, for one. Perhaps you missed his "America Sucks!" World Apology Tour. (Lie #2)

Dagoose: So President Obama actually said, "America Sucks" and/or " It WASN'T okay to be proud to be an American"?

Dagoose: If you're referring to the U.S. perhaps you missed my earlier post where I opined, "I guess the only correct answer would be that there's a reason they're called ILLEGAL aliens".

Daveman (backtracking): i think the difference here was Ronnie was kinda saying it for everyone....

Daveman: And you still haven't answered. (Lie #3) (See first entry)

Daveman: You haven't answered, either. (Lie #4)

Dagoose: Ok, so now you're finally admitting that President Obams did NOT say "America Sucks" and/or " It WASN'T okay to be proud to be an American".

Daveman: Oh, he said it...just not in simple words so that union drones could understand it. (Lie #5)

And the score still remains:

President Reagan 11,000
ATC Union 0

And since I know you oppose no-bid contracts so passionately, I expect a hearty condemnation of Obama for doing the same thing.

Oh, wait...no, you won't. Because you're a flaming hypocrite, and a mindless union drone.

OK....I hate the fact that Obama continued to award Halliburton no-bd contracts. I really do. Especially with the abuses that Bush & Co. let them get away with AND PROFITTED FROM. :eek:

Can you be more wrong in your own thread? Or more pissed off that I won't let you get away with it?

Again....I learned some time ago that you can lead a man to knowledge but you can't make him understand. But I'll bet you think twice before you start (and post in) another anti-union thread without knowing the facts.

Here are your lies in chronological order.....

Dagoose: I guess the only correct answer would be that there's a reason they're called ILLEGAL aliens. (Where I answered your stupid question)

Daveman: The best thing Reagan did, and what most pissed off the left, was he said it was okay to be proud to be an American again. (Lie #1)

Dagoose: And please show me a President who said it WASN'T okay to be proud to be an American? And link it please.

Daveman: Obama, for one. Perhaps you missed his "America Sucks!" World Apology Tour. (Lie #2)

Dagoose: So President Obama actually said, "America Sucks" and/or " It WASN'T okay to be proud to be an American"?

Dagoose: If you're referring to the U.S. perhaps you missed my earlier post where I opined, "I guess the only correct answer would be that there's a reason they're called ILLEGAL aliens".

Daveman (backtracking): i think the difference here was Ronnie was kinda saying it for everyone....

Daveman: And you still haven't answered. (Lie #3) (See first entry)

Daveman: You haven't answered, either. (Lie #4)

Dagoose: Ok, so now you're finally admitting that President Obams did NOT say "America Sucks" and/or " It WASN'T okay to be proud to be an American".

Daveman: Oh, he said it...just not in simple words so that union drones could understand it. (Lie #5)

And the score still remains:

President Reagan 11,000
ATC Union 0

Your point?

OK....I hate the fact that Obama continued to award Halliburton no-bd contracts. I really do.
I really doubt it.
Especially with the abuses that Bush & Co. let them get away with AND PROFITTED FROM. :eek:
Profited from? Are you bozos ever going to get around to proving it, or is just the fact that you REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want it to be true proof enough for you?

Judging by history -- yes, it is.
Can you be more wrong in your own thread?
Oooh! Ooooh! Insist you won some more! I'm almost convinced! :lol:
Or more pissed off that I won't let you get away with it?
Pissed off? You lack the horsepower to piss me off, Sunshine. :lol:
Again....I learned some time ago that you can lead a man to knowledge but you can't make him understand. But I'll bet you think twice before you start (and post in) another anti-union thread without knowing the facts.
If I think twice, it'll be 200% more thought than you're capable of, union drone. :lol:

Go ahead and say what you want. But I'm still betting it will be a looong time before you start another anti-union thread again. And if you do you'd better have your facts straight next time because.....

I'll be watching. :razz:

:clap2: The best answer of them all.

The implied right to free enterprise includes the right to self-employ, so you pretty much do have a right to work, even though it's a privilege to work for someone else.

OK....I hate the fact that Obama continued to award Halliburton no-bd contracts. I really do. Especially with the abuses that Bush & Co. let them get away with AND PROFITTED FROM. :eek:

Can you be more wrong in your own thread? Or more pissed off that I won't let you get away with it?

Halliburton built the petroleum infrastructure, Haliburton has the original blueprints, even the spare parts.

Go ahead and say what you want.
I will, and I know how much you hate that.

Oh, and I knew you'd give up trying to prove your Halliburton bullshit. Your irrational hatred is not proof of wrongdoing. So many of you leftists simply can't understand that.
But I'm still betting it will be a looong time before you start another anti-union thread again. And if you do you'd better have your facts straight next time because.....

TRANSLATION:
3695d1074514651hahafunnho6.jpg

You are not at all intimidating, you dork. :lol:

Last edited:
interesting, i counted at least 9 known liberals that have posted in this thread, and not ONE of them voted in the poll

Go ahead and say what you want.
I will, and I know how much you hate that.

Oh, and I knew you'd give up trying to prove your Halliburton bullshit. Your irrational hatred is not proof of wrongdoing. So many of you leftists simply can't understand that.
But I'm still betting it will be a looong time before you start another anti-union thread again. And if you do you'd better have your facts straight next time because.....

TRANSLATION:
3695d1074514651hahafunnho6.jpg

You are not at all intimidating, you dork. :lol:

We'll just see if you're foolish enough to do it again. Then we'll know. :razz:

Forum List

Back