THIS is how a free society is supposed to help those in need.(NO GOVERNMENT INVOLVED)

Liberty

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2009
colorado
This is what a free society is meant to do to help their fellow people...it isn't beg big brother for aid, it is to be part of your community...Yes this is an excerpt from Glenn Beck (OMG) but watch it, especially the guest he has on in the second half of the video...that my liberal friends is what is supposed to take care of the needy and it has nothing to do with government.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK2imshu6nE[/ame]

No, you do need cops. With cops there is enforcement of the rule of law, which is also a prime ingredient in a free society. Without enforcement of rule of law, a person could not be free because in anarchy you can not move far or frequently due to possibility of damaged / stolen property.

What philosophers have you read, NY if I may ask.

So because we have police we need to outsource our charity to the Federal Government?

I am very impressed with this group. If i lived closer id buy food and drop it off.

glenn beck is an entertainer. he is the highest paid pundit, after limbaugh and oreilly. he has reminded his viewers of that over and over again, yet they continue to take his every breath for truth and continue making him millions of dollars by buying his books. he says and writes the things he says for shock value. at night he must go home and laugh himself to sleep, knowing how stupid people are. beck, youre the man. youve tapped a very profitable market.

glenn beck is an entertainer. he is the highest paid pundit, after limbaugh and oreilly. he has reminded his viewers of that over and over again, yet they continue to take his every breath for truth and continue making him millions of dollars by buying his books. he says and writes the things he says for shock value. at night he must go home and laugh himself to sleep, knowing how stupid people are. beck, youre the man. youve tapped a very profitable market.

Can you put aside your emnity for Mr. Beck long enough to stay on topic and address the group from Wilmington, Ohio?

So because we have police we need to outsource our charity to the Federal Government?

I am very impressed with this group. If i lived closer id buy food and drop it off.

So find some charity near you that needs help.

Volunteer.

Buy food.

Drop off your old clothes - or buy a couple of toys or clothes for kids who won't otherwise get Christmas presents.

There are a ton of things that individuals can do - wherever you are across this country - or any other country.

Can you put aside your emnity for Mr. Beck long enough to stay on topic and address the group from Wilmington, Ohio?

It's easier to whine than to face the inconvenient truths.

Have you ever stopped and asked yourself why these 'Entertainers' make what they do?

Their message gets out for the betterment of society since we have media in the pocket of government and applaud stealing liberty.

Now? If you might step aside and let the adults handle this and acknowledge that charity works despite whom brings that message?

Beck is bringing a message that you wouldn't otherwise hear about if not for the hatred of the left and others for him and his work.

Real people helping others... politics aside.

So find some charity near you that needs help.

Volunteer.

Buy food.

Drop off your old clothes - or buy a couple of toys or clothes for kids who won't otherwise get Christmas presents.

There are a ton of things that individuals can do - wherever you are across this country - or any other country.

It's the real American Way...and it still thrives.

Im surprised at the lack of commentary on this. This group has done amazing things.

No, you do need cops. With cops there is enforcement of the rule of law, which is also a prime ingredient in a free society. Without enforcement of rule of law, a person could not be free because in anarchy you can not move far or frequently due to possibility of damaged / stolen property.

What philosophers have you read, NY if I may ask.

If we didn't need the government to help those in need that private charity doesn't take care of,

the government would have never starting do that.

The idea that we should let those in need suffer unassisted until the private sector decides to get around to providing sufficient help (which it never will anyway)

is uncivilized.

Question: If we gave you back all your tax money that goes to help those in need, would you turn around and give it all to charity?

Quite a bit of it would. But as it's my money, who are you to tell me what to do with it?

If what i need to use my money to keep my family financially afloat so we don't end up turning to charity, isn't that just as good a use?

Private and church charitable organizations are THE most effective bodies providing help to the disposed...that is until they become government supported non-profits.
Then they turn into something all together different.

Private and church charitable organizations are THE most effective bodies providing help to the disposed...that is until they become government supported non-profits.
Then they turn into something all together different.

Hmmm. Yeah. Ponzi Schemes.

Forum List

Back