The Right To Bear Arms

Since only about 1% of all murder occur in mass shootings I wouldn't say it's common

Murders in mass shootings make up about 0.15% of all murders in the US, and fell 35% from 2017 to 2018.

A parent - and I suppose (and hope) you are not one - doesn't take statistics well, when one of their issues has been slaughtered by someone with a gun, while seated in a school classroom.

I put the life of an innocent well above you being inconvenienced.

Which is why we need to keep emotion out of law making

And how am I endangering the life of an innocent simply because I own firearms?

Since only about 1% of all murder occur in mass shootings I wouldn't say it's common
Murders in mass shootings make up about 0.15% of all murders in the US, and fell 35% from 2017 to 2018.
A parent - and I suppose (and hope) you are not one - doesn't take statistics well, when one of their issues has been slaughtered by someone with a gun, while seated in a school classroom.
That a nice argumentum ad passiones fallacy you have there - I even like the color!
Rational, reasoned people are not swayed by such fallacies -- why are you?

I'm sorry you don't like the fact so few people are killed in mass shootings -- I know you'd love to stand on the bodies of innocent victims and bathe yourself in their blood as you scream for more gun control; it must really piss you off that reality just won't cooperate.

Reality is when a parent outlives his child, especially when the parent is mocked for their grief, and cries out for gun controls.

It's not always mass murder which snuff outs a child's life by gun violence, accidents and suicides contribute to that grief. It's pricks like you who are the real cry babies, whining about the possibility they might be inconvenienced just because someone is killed by gun.

BTW, nowhere in the 2nd A. are guns mentioned. Why do you believe guns get special treatment?

Think of all the arms of war regulated, licensed or prohibited.

Doesn't the 2nd A. deny you the ownership or possession of a Surface to Air Missile, a Fragmentation Grenade, and/or a 50 Cal fully automatic machine gun?

The reality is

Shit Happens

Kids have been dying before their parents do since people have been having kids so it's part of reality

That a nice argumentum ad passiones fallacy you have there - I even like the color!

I'm sorry you don't like the fact so few people are killed in mass shootings -- I know you'd love to stand on the bodies of innocent victims and bathe yourself in their blood as you scream for more gun control; it must really piss you off that reality just won't cooperate.
Reality is when a parent outlives his child, especially when the parent is mocked for their grief, and cries out for gun controls.
You didn't answer my question:
Well?

I have empathy for others, you are a callous conservative (read into that a jerk).

So are you willing to make alcohol illegal again because drunk drivers kill people and you empathize?

It didn't fall because you placed more guns on the streets. It fell for a lot of other reasons making itt much harder to actually do a mass shooting through gun laws, community involvement, safe areas in schools, drills, etc.. But placing more guns on the streets is part of the problem when you don't have the security in place when something goes haywire.

Well?

I have empathy for others, you are a callous conservative (read into that a jerk).

So are you willing to make alcohol illegal again because drunk drivers kill people and you empathize?

Those who oppose all forms of gun control need to consider your post above. Not that it will create a new prohibition against alcohol, but how the Mother's Against Drunk Drivers impacted legislation, increasing penalties / fines and longer periods of detention for drinking and driving.

As a responsible gun owner I have no fear of a comprehensive background investigaton if I decide to buy another firearm, or purchase ammunition. Or of being vetted if the ownership of a gun one day requires a license.

Why do you, what are you hiding?

Of course not.

But with rights come responsibilities, and those rights are neither unlimited nor absolute.

Measures having nothing to do with the regulation of firearms are perfectly appropriate and warranted – such as UCBs, measures which are consistent with Second Amendment case law.

The people decide what firearm regulatory measures are necessary and proper, the courts determine if they’re Constitutional.

Well?

Fail.

False comparison fallacy.

No one is advocating a ‘prohibition’ of firearms.

It will be overturned and eventually end up in the Supreme Court where it will be deemed unconstitutional
Or not.

The issue in this case is advertising considered reckless and irresponsible, not the potential liability of gun manufactures when their products are used to commit a crime.

‘“The regulation of advertising that threatens the public’s health, safety, and morals has long been considered a core exercise of the states’ police powers,” Justice Richard Palmer wrote for the majority.’ ibid

Well?
Ah - as suspected, you are devoid of logic and reason.
Good of you to admit it.

It didn't fall because you placed more guns on the streets.
Who claimed it did?
I know -exactly- why it fell; you have no clue.
It fell for a lot of other reasons making itt much harder to actually do a mass shooting through gun laws...
:lol:
No gun law ever stopped a mass shooting.

Those who oppose all forms of gun control...
These people do not exist.
As a responsible gun owner I have no fear of a comprehensive background investigaton if I decide to buy another firearm, or purchase ammunition. Or of being vetted if the ownership of a gun one day requires a license.
Why do you...?
Enough functional brain cells to know that you do not need permission form the government to exercise a right.

A "prohibition" is the banning of all of those items. What politician is advocating that?

None?

Oh

accidents may happen.

A "prohibition" is the banning of all of those items. What politician is advocating that?
None?
Oh
The claim was that "No one is advocating a ‘prohibition’ of firearms"
Not, "politicians", but "no one" - as in "not one person".
Did you think your clumsy attempt to move the goalpost woudl go unnoticed?

In any event, his statement is a lie, or a statement of abject ignorance.

It’s Time to Ban Guns. Yes, All of Them.
Dear America: it's time to grow up and ban guns
Dear NRA, It's Time to Take Away Everyone's Gun
Ban guns
et al, ad nauseam.

So, either Clayton lied, or he talked out his ass.
And you, like a faithful little puppy, without thinking or even bothering to look, rushed to his defense.
Priceless.

Well?

Those who oppose all forms of gun control need to consider your post above. Not that it will create a new prohibition against alcohol, but how the Mother's Against Drunk Drivers impacted legislation, increasing penalties / fines and longer periods of detention for drinking and driving.

Why do you, what are you hiding?

So you finally agree that increasing penalties will work?

And I have never once said I am against all gun laws.

I have no problem with felons not being able to legally own firearms.

The background check system we have is fine with me

What I have a problem with is people saying you can't own a particular firearm because someone else committed murder with a similar firearm.

And I have a real big problem with the "you're not a criminal until you are" bullshit

accidents may happen.
Accidents do happen and accidents will always happen

Forum List

Back