The Republican civil war is just getting started

kidrocks

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
Let's just hope it's a long, bloody war... long enough to let Hillary just walk to the POTUS 2016.

With the government shutdown and debt ceiling fight in the rearview mirror, Republicans can move on to more important matters — like determining which of the party's warring factions will control the GOP going forward.

The recent fiscal fist-fighting ostensibly pit Republicans against Democrats, but the real power struggle was between Tea Partiers and the GOP establishment. The conflict, bubbling beneath the surface for some time, finally boiled over into a messy public spat that, even as the shutdown came to a close, showed no signs of stopping

Last edited:
Let's just hope it's a long, bloody war... long enough to let Hillary just walk in to the POTUS 2016.

With the government shutdown and debt ceiling fight in the rearview mirror, Republicans can move on to more important matters — like determining which of the party's warring factions will control the GOP going forward.

The recent fiscal fist-fighting ostensibly pit Republicans against Democrats, but the real power struggle was between Tea Partiers and the GOP establishment. The conflict, bubbling beneath the surface for some time, finally boiled over into a messy public spat that, even as the shutdown came to a close, showed no signs of stopping

attachment.php

Both the Tea Party and the Chamber of Commerce wings have announced their intent to make war on the other side. One has more cash, one has more crazies. I think we'll see casualties mounting on both sides, but no signficant overall change.

Let's just hope it's a long, bloody war... long enough to let Hillary just walk in to the POTUS 2016.

attachment.php

That's all you have left? How delightful.

The Republican party is fighting to stay alive. The Democrats gave up a while ago.

Hillary has no chance whatsoever of getting the Dem Nomination.

I didn't take a single Romney 2012 bet but I will take any and all bets that Hillary does not get the Dem nomination in 2016

The Republican party is fighting to stay alive. The Democrats gave up a while ago.

I think their is battle in the gop between the moderates and the tea party on some issues and on other they agree.

I think it hard to predict what will happen in american politics though. If they find a candiadate in 2016 that the whole party can gather around then it look good for them. But if not then they will be in trouble.

I didn't take a single Romney 2012 bet but I will take any and all bets that Hillary does not get the Dem nomination in 2016

You're on. Hillary is the leading candidate on all the polls right now.

That's all you have left? How delightful.

That is all your post-de-jour-de-drivel deserves.

Post something with content and some analysis, then you get the same in return.

Post the same tired crap, get a spongebob meme mocking you.

Sorry if you disapprove but the subject is legit and will be a hot topic for months to come. It's all the media have left for now.

True, considering they ignore any foibles of the democrats and go after republicans because of thier own bias, you have a point.

A truly independent media wouldnt have that problem.

It's only been about 40 years since liberal democrat icon Bill Ayers and his gang actually engaged in a revolution, terrorizing Americans with bombs and murder and robbery. Today the low information union educated liberals seem to think that checks and balances inherent in the Constitution indicates a revolution. God help us if the Dept of Education continues to dumb down students and we get another generation of pop culture idiots who ain't got a clue.

What difference does it make, she's got 0% chance of getting the nomination

Its hard to predict 2016 now. clinton in 2005 at this stage looked like only dem. Then obama came along. We will see. It going to be intresting election that for sure.

Many bookies in uk have it as being a clinton vs rubio election. But in 2005 they were saying 2008 be clinton vs rudy and we know what happened then. So yets wait and see

Its hard to predict 2016 now. clinton in 2005 at this stage looked like only dem. Then obama came along. We will see. It going to be intresting election that for sure.

Many bookies in uk have it as being a clinton vs rubio election. But in 2005 they were saying 2008 be clinton vs rudy and we know what happened then. So yets wait and see

No, it's a piece of cake and one of the few political bets I will ever take. She has 0% chance and I'll bet my future at USMB on it

Let's just hope it's a long, bloody war... long enough to let Hillary just walk to the POTUS 2016.

And let's hope that hitlery dies of a stroke before then.

No, it's a piece of cake and one of the few political bets I will ever take. She has 0% chance and I'll bet my future at USMB on it

Fair enough that is your view. She need to improve on her peformance in 2008 that for sure.

She came over as unwarm, too stiff and lacking warmth. It was only when tears came on in new hampshire that she came alive for her bit before losing to obama.

Still lacks the campaigning ability of her husband and a barrack obama. But unless a new dem star comes along she might still be their nominee come 2016.

Forum List

Back