The Religion of Atheism

It is actually laying the foundation for a state religion. The state religion of atheism. People who don't follow the state religion cannot hold political office or own businesses. The state religion must be taught in school. All competing religions have to be scrubbed from the public eye. There is to be only the state religion.

And here we are dblack. The reason that you were asking for.

What you are essentially saying is that you should be able to supplant ‘science’ because that is somehow connected to your perceived ‘atheist’ religion with your own religious teachings. That is complete bullshit by the way. There is no atheist religion just as there is no atheist agenda in the schools. Even if there were, that does not give you a free hand to push your religion on others anyway.

It all comes down to this in the end: you NEED to call atheists religious in order to justify your need to push your agenda. Sorry, it is not going to fly.

Right. This agenda was promoted heavily by the Intelligent Design movement. The idea was to establish the teaching of evolution as an "atheist religious doctrine" and then demand that it either be prohibited, or that it be taught alongside ID as part of a comparative religions course or similar nonsense. It's been pursued lately as part of more general attack on separation of church and state.

Last edited:
Atheism is a religion as much as abstinence is a sexual position.

When a person takes atheism from neutrality towards religon and makes it hostility towards religion, they become part of the equation.

It is similar to the argument over zero really being a number, or not.

One would have to belong to or associate with a group who hold similiar beliefs of non belief to make it a religion.

No, that would make it a club.

Belief in God is not a prerequisite to having a religion. A religion is a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe. Take climate change for instance, it is ultimately a religious belief to explain the changing of the seasons. It is a belief usually held by atheists.

Atheistic nations replace belief in God with a belief in the State. Reliance is no longer on one's self to exist but total reliance on the state. Don't pray for guidance or strength, simply ask the State. If the state finds you worthy you will get what you want, like Solyandra got millions of dollars.

The Churches of Atheisim, including the Three Self Patriotic Movement of China recognizes a day of worship (to the state) and teaches members how to best serve the state and conform their thinking to the needs of the state instead of a God.

Atheism and Godly religions have one thing in common. That's worship. It's a matter of who is worshipped. It's how Kings become Gods in the first place. When you are hungry who feeds you, the King or God? God might give someone a skill, a talent, but only the King can give you bread.

Really?

You can call a cat a dog but that doesn't make it so.

Collins
World English Dictionary
religion (rɪˈlɪdʒən)

— n
1. belief in, worship of, or obedience to a supernatural power or powers considered to be divine or to have control of human destiny
2. any formal or institutionalized expression of such belief: the Christian religion
3. the attitude and feeling of one who believes in a transcendent controlling power or powers
4. chiefly RC Church the way of life determined by the vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience entered upon by monks, friars, and nuns: to enter religion
5. something of overwhelming importance to a person: football is his religion
6. archaic
a. the practice of sacred ritual observances
b. sacred rites and ceremonies

[C12: via Old French from Latin religiō fear of the supernatural, piety, probably from religāre to tie up, from re- + ligāre to bind]

That is an accurate description of religion, but not the only one. Atheism is a religion, maybe it wasn't always a religion, but it is a religion now and well on its way to being the state religion.

2. Atheism is itself a religion. While atheist will argue that they don't believe in any god, the issue is not merely non-belief in God or gods but in having ANY sort of belief system. The belief system of atheism is centered around the philosophy of "secular-humanism."

3. Atheism is a religion according to a 2005 Wisconsin federal court ruling as well as the U.S. Supreme Court—the highest court in the land.
I pray to God that that ruling is true! :D Do you have a link?
Then we Atheists can get the same special tax privileges believers get!!! :woohoo:

I never thought of it like that. PRAISE BE TO NO GOD!!!!!!

Ignorant religious people need to think that us vastly superior atheists are dumb like they are

So if not believing in an invisible man in the sky is a religion, what is not believing in leprechauns?

Of course atheism is a religion. That's why atheists want atheist chaplains in the military.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/27/us/27atheists.html?pagewanted=all

It's why atheists want and got a religious temple.

Atheist Temple: Nonbelievers To Get Place Of 'Worship' In UK

Atheists have followed non-religion right around the circle and become a religion.

Chaplains in the service do more than just hold religious services. They provide valuable counseling to soldiers, are advocates with command and provide a ready ear to talk to

You shouldn't have to believe in god to recieve help

The military does not provide psychological counseling for just that purpose? Sorry, "counseling" is a failed premise.

Excerpted from the link:
"A number of counseling positions are available in the military, varying in scope and responsibility depending on the counselor’s background. Some branches also offer training programs for those wanting to become counselors. Civilian positions are also available for trained counselors wanting to work with military personnel and their families"

Military Counseling Career - Become a Military Counselor

If Atheism is a religion, then, please,

Outline this belief system that all atheist adhere to.

There is a difference between a belief and a belief system. But the theist try so hard to ignore that fact.
ALTER2EGO -to- AMRCHAOS:

The atheist belief system is secular humanism. I elaborated on that at Page 3, Post #41.

Secular Humanism is a philosphy, but it is not a philosophy on how to live this life--i.e. it cannot be a religion

Possible Philosophies/religions are
1) Buddhism
2)Objectivism.
3)Confucianism

All do not require a god to pray to nor observe--all give advice/instructions on how to live this life.
They also include a code of morality as under said philosophy/religion definition of such.

Secular humanism do no such thing.

Editted Note--the above do not exhaust all possible "atheistic religions", yet secualr humanism is not a religion and it will requires tenets to observe/advisories and a code of morality to turn it into such.

Last edited:
Atheism and Godly religions have one thing in common. That's worship. It's a matter of who is worshipped. It's how Kings become Gods in the first place. When you are hungry who feeds you, the King or God? God might give someone a skill, a talent, but only the King can give you bread.

Really?

Collins
World English Dictionary
religion (rɪˈlɪdʒən)

— n
1. belief in, worship of, or obedience to a supernatural power or powers considered to be divine or to have control of human destiny
2. any formal or institutionalized expression of such belief: the Christian religion
3. the attitude and feeling of one who believes in a transcendent controlling power or powers
4. chiefly RC Church the way of life determined by the vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience entered upon by monks, friars, and nuns: to enter religion
6. archaic

[C12: via Old French from Latin religiō fear of the supernatural, piety, probably from religāre to tie up, from re- + ligāre to bind]
ALTER2EGO -to- ONE CUT 39:
Look at definition #5 in your above post. It confirms what Katzndogz has been saying: that a religion need not be based on worship of the supernatural. Below is another definition of religion that might interest you. Keep your eyes on the words in bold print within the below quotation.

EVIDENCE -- ATHEISM IS A RELIGION:

DEFINITION OF "RELIGION":

1. any specific system of belief and worship, often involving a code of ethics and a philosophy: the Christian religion, the Buddhist religion, etc.

2. any system of beliefs, practices, ethical values, etc. resembling, suggestive of, or likened to such a system: humanism as a religion

Religion | Easy to understand definition of religion by Your Dictionary

FYI: The U.S. Supreme Court, in the 1961 case of Torcaso v. Watkins, specifically stated that Secular Humanism is a religion. The Atheist religious belief is secular humanism.

Really?

Collins
World English Dictionary
religion (rɪˈlɪdʒən)

— n
6. archaic

ALTER2EGO -to- ONE CUT 39:
Look at definition #5 in your above post. It confirms what Katzndogz has been saying: that a religion need not be based on worship of the supernatural. Below is another definition of religion that might interest you. Keep your eyes on the words in bold print within the below quotation.

EVIDENCE -- ATHEISM IS A RELIGION:

DEFINITION OF "RELIGION":

1. any specific system of belief and worship, often involving a code of ethics and a philosophy: the Christian religion, the Buddhist religion, etc.

2. any system of beliefs, practices, ethical values, etc. resembling, suggestive of, or likened to such a system: humanism as a religion

Religion | Easy to understand definition of religion by Your Dictionary

FYI: The U.S. Supreme Court, in the 1961 case of Torcaso v. Watkins, specifically stated that Secular Humanism is a religion. The Atheist religious belief is secular humanism.

None of this matters though because atheism and humanism aren't the same thing.

The Atheist religious belief is secular humanism.

Athesits like me have no religion.
some people are just so frightened of those who are different.

So every person on earth belongs to a religion is what at least one on here is saying.

bull.

The Atheist religious belief is secular humanism.

Athesits like me have no religion.
some people are just so frightened of those who are different.

So every person on earth belongs to a religion is what at least one on here is saying.

bull.

You do have a philosophy you live by.It may not be something that is outlined and written out as a philosophy to study, but you live your life by some underlining concepts of how to behave and the whys and howcomes for such behavior.

The truth is--an atheistic religion is just that--a philosophy on how to live.

Theisticreligions(normally just called "religion") are also the same thing--except they tend to derive the basis of their philosophical understanding from a god or gods.

Or to understand it from a different direction:religion is a type of philosophy. A philosophy that instructs you how to live and behave can be considered a religion.

Finally--this thing called secualr humanism is a body of different philosophies and various concepts of ethics that may contradict. It is not a single philosophy. Also,an atheist do not need to subscribe to any of the philosophies of secular humanism to be an atheist.I listed three such philosophies that are not secular humanistic in any sense, but an atheist can follow and still be atheist.

Last edited:
Very silly OP.

Atheism is not a religion FFS. It's the anti-thesis of a religion to the degree where the word literally means "no god". How is that a religion again?

Atheism is a belief just about on par, but not quite there with Deism.

I'm not at all hostile about religion or towards it. I'm the only non-believer in my family and though they dislike my lack of belief, they respect it, albeit grudgingly, but to say that Atheism in itself is a religion? Utter rubbish of the highest order.

Ignorant religious people need to think that us vastly superior atheists are dumb like they are

So if not believing in an invisible man in the sky is a religion, what is not believing in leprechauns?

Be it believing leprechauns or the "invisible man in the sky" both are still better than being a smug self centered prick such as yourself.

Be it believing leprechauns or the "invisible man in the sky" both are still better than being a smug self centered prick such as yourself.

:lol::lol:

oh god, not being a gullible dumbshit who believes in invisible men makes me smug.

nope, makes me an adult, you can be one too if you want

:lol::lol:

oh god, not being a gullible dumbshit who believes in invisible men makes me smug.

nope, makes me an adult, you can be one too if you want

Remind me of when they changed the definition of "adult" to ignorant jack-hole?

When you can enter a discussion and ad meaningful content to it, then you can leave the kiddie table, until then keep eating the microwaved chicken tenders and let the adults (actual definition) talk now.

I am the ignorant jack hole and you are the one who believes in an invisible man in the sky who prefers americans to iranians

LLOLOL>OLLLLOOOLLLOOLLOOLLOO

I am the ignorant jack hole and you are the one who believes in an invisible man in the sky who prefers americans to iranians

At least you admit you are an ignorant jack-hole. Its a good start. Now you can stop fapping whn you post, and maybe go outside for a bit.

At least you admit you are an ignorant jack-hole. Its a good start. Now you can stop fapping whn you post, and maybe go outside for a bit.

marty it isnt a bad thing for you to admit you are a moron

that I am the adult and you are the child

it is where your education will begin

marty it isnt a bad thing for you to admit you are a moron

that I am the adult and you are the child

it is where your education will begin

I notice you didn't deny you fap when you post.

Forum List

Back