The Red/Grey Chips Weren't Thermite After All

Rat in the Hat

Gold Member
Mar 31, 2010
The Truth Movement has been asking for a new investigation, and they got one. Unfortunately for them, it didn't go the way they hoped. Based on the new tests, the chips that Harrit, et; al called "thermite" in their Bentham paper were actually primer paint.

Red/gray chips that had the same morphology and appearance as those reported by
Harrit et al.1, and fitting the criteria of being attracted by a magnet and having the SEMEDS
x-ray elemental spectra described in their paper (Gray: Fe, Red: C,O, Al, Si, Fe)
were found in the WTC dust from all four locations examined. The red layers were in
the range of 15 to 30 micrometers thick. The gray layers were in the range of 10 to
50 micrometers thick (Appendix B).
The FTIR spectra of the red layer were consistent with reference spectra of an epoxy
resin and kaolin clay (Figure 9) (Appendix C).

TEM-SAED-EDS analysis of the residue after low temperature ashing showed equantshaped
particles of iron consistent with iron oxide pigment and plates of kaolin clay.
Small numbers of titanium oxide particles consistent with titanium dioxide pigment were
also found (Figure 16) (Appendix E).

The red/gray chips found in the WTC dust at four sites in New York City are consistent
with a carbon steel coated with an epoxy resin that contains primarily iron oxide and
kaolin clay pigments.
There is no evidence of individual elemental aluminum particles of any size in the
red/gray chips, therefore the red layer of the red/gray chips is not thermite or nanothermite.

Here is the link to the complete article...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64959841/9119ProgressReport022912_rev1_030112web.pdf

And here is a link to the company that did the research...

Home - MVA Scientific Consultants, Inc.

I wonder if the Truthers will be asking for any more investigations anytime soon?

Asking the wrong questions and having an a priori judgement value based on theoretical hypothesis, is sure to produce answers unwanted. I'm curious how the demolitions theorists will respond.

The thermite demolitions theorists are busy rewriting their script. It will be a few days before we hear anything that is coherent from them. WTF am I saying, we have never heard anything that is coherent from them for the last 10 years.

The thermite demolitions theorists are busy rewriting their script. It will be a few days before we hear anything that is coherent from them. WTF am I saying, we have never heard anything that is coherent from them for the last 10 years.

Their heads are exploding on the other boards. It's so rapid that it sounds like popcorn.

I'm a "truther", and I have no issue with the results. I just appreciate the fact that someone outside of the truth movement has made an effort to look at this claim. I think it is a little bit of a shame though that both sides perhaps didn't just work together from an earlier stage and this could have been resolved 2 years ago.

the truth movement has been asking for a new investigation, and they got one. Unfortunately for them, it didn't go the way they hoped. Based on the new tests, the chips that harrit, et; al called "thermite" in their bentham paper were actually primer paint.

red/gray chips that had the same morphology and appearance as those reported by
harrit et al.1, and fitting the criteria of being attracted by a magnet and having the semeds
x-ray elemental spectra described in their paper (gray: Fe, red: C,o, al, si, fe)
were found in the wtc dust from all four locations examined. The red layers were in
the range of 15 to 30 micrometers thick. The gray layers were in the range of 10 to
50 micrometers thick (appendix b).
The ftir spectra of the red layer were consistent with reference spectra of an epoxy
resin and kaolin clay (figure 9) (appendix c).

tem-saed-eds analysis of the residue after low temperature ashing showed equantshaped
particles of iron consistent with iron oxide pigment and plates of kaolin clay.
Small numbers of titanium oxide particles consistent with titanium dioxide pigment were
also found (figure 16) (appendix e).

the red/gray chips found in the wtc dust at four sites in new york city are consistent
with a carbon steel coated with an epoxy resin that contains primarily iron oxide and
kaolin clay pigments.
There is no evidence of individual elemental aluminum particles of any size in the
red/gray chips, therefore the red layer of the red/gray chips is not thermite or nanothermite.

here is the link to the complete article...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64959841/9119progressreport022912_rev1_030112web.pdf

and here is a link to the company that did the research...

home - mva scientific consultants, inc.

i wonder if the truthers will be asking for any more investigations anytime soon?

your hurtin home page link is all but pointless and your link to the full article does not work ..you got to do better than that

I'm a "truther", and I have no issue with the results. I just appreciate the fact that someone outside of the truth movement has made an effort to look at this claim. I think it is a little bit of a shame though that both sides perhaps didn't just work together from an earlier stage and this could have been resolved 2 years ago.

right... all "resolved" ..with a few bits of some article, a broken link,and a link to some questionable scientific consulting web site...too funny

so says the disinformation agent troll who was caught lying saying witnesses said things they never did on a video i asked him to watch.

right... all "resolved" ..with a few bits of some article, a broken link,and a link to some questionable scientific consulting web site...too funny

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Links worked fine for me....are you sure you aren't trying to avoid responding to the report? :eusa_shhh:

the truth movement has been asking for a new investigation, and they got one. Unfortunately for them, it didn't go the way they hoped. Based on the new tests, the chips that harrit, et; al called "thermite" in their bentham paper were actually primer paint.

harrit et al.1, and fitting the criteria of being attracted by a magnet and having the semeds
x-ray elemental spectra described in their paper (gray: Fe, red: C,o, al, si, fe)
were found in the wtc dust from all four locations examined. The red layers were in
The ftir spectra of the red layer were consistent with reference spectra of an epoxy

the red/gray chips found in the wtc dust at four sites in new york city are consistent
kaolin clay pigments.

i wonder if the truthers will be asking for any more investigations anytime soon?

your hurtin home page link is all but pointless and your link to the full article does not work ..you got to do better than that

Gee, that's odd. The people I've been discussing it with had no problem at all opening the PDF file.

Maybe you should look into a new computer built sometime this century.

Or, just for shits and grins, maybe you should follow these instructions on the MVA home page...
To read the results of our analyses, click the picture on the right.

other way around.truthers have never heard anything coherant from you Bush dupes the last 10 years.truthers dont ignore the laws of physics scientists have gone by for thousands of years.:cuckoo:

other way around.truthers have never heard anything coherant from you Bush dupes the last 10 years.truthers dont ignore the laws of physics scientists have gone by for thousands of years.:cuckoo:

Nope, he had it right. Gage-dupe truthers have never had any evidence for the last 10 years. Gage-dupe truthers also don't understand the laws of physics.

Also, the Gage-dupe truthers are doing everything they can to try to discredit this new investigation, because it tears down one of the tenets of the religion Gage founded.

The link worked fine for me also. And the paper seemed fairly conclusive in its findings. I should have been clearer in my statement that I don't think this IS the end of it. Clearly we need to see what Harrit, Jones etc respond with, but at least now there is progress towards a more definitive conclusion. Also, in the scheme of it this was a only a small factor as to why I believe 9/11 was an inside job, so the findings don't change my position.

Listening to the pseudo-scientist gubmint agent Steve Jones was the skeptics first, foremost and biggest mistake.

The link worked fine for me also. And the paper seemed fairly conclusive in its findings. I should have been clearer in my statement that I don't think this IS the end of it. Clearly we need to see what Harrit, Jones etc respond with, but at least now there is progress towards a more definitive conclusion. Also, in the scheme of it this was a only a small factor as to why I believe 9/11 was an inside job, so the findings don't change my position.

:cuckoo: So, IOW no amount of proof will convince you KOOKS that the 2 Boeing 767 aircraft brought down those towers. :cuckoo: Got it! :cuckoo:

kaolin clay pigments.

The link to the full article in the OP works fine for me. Opens a PDF. Maybe you're just to stupid to know how to use it?

Forum List

Back