The Recent John Sununu Fiasco Is Just More Reason Y 2day's Republicans Get No Respect

You're not making any sense...blacks have been voting for white candidates and Presidents for decades.

BZZZZZ

In any race where there is a black and white candidate, blacks will vote for the black candidate - period.

Also, how many blacks support black Republicans?

Why are you so racist?

The racist here is you, and everyone knows it. You care only about skin color.

Here's another dumb and dishonest statement made by you that is easily debunked. What was the percent of Black who voted for Alan Keyes when he ran for President? Who would "the Blacks" vote for if it was Bill Clinton vs Alan west? How about Hillary Clinton vs Herman Cain? Thanks for the laugh! :lol:

If Colin Powell endorsed obama because he really believed that obama was doing the right thing, then Colin Powell would admit that he is a democrat and change his party affiliation. Since he didn't do that, and remains ostensibly a republican, the only conclusion is that he endorses obama because obama is black.

Don't you think that there are different political factions in the republican party? Has Ron Paul endorsed Mitt Romney? Charlie Crist endorsed Obama.

Supporters | Republicans for Obama

too bad, we don't have to condemn him and your views of these THINGS are nasty offensive actions..YOU all don't make up the rules of what are racism, nasty or offensive that we all have to live by..WE have freedom of speech and will not BE SHUT up by you people
You don't condemn you party, so you don't get to tell us to CONDEMN ANYTHING
Thanks for proving my point by doubling down.

Do keep it up.

:clap2: :thup:

This article really nails it and is a perfect response to your post.
Treating Colin Powell as

Here's a more honest assessment of Powell's reasoning than the dishonest assessment in your post and the other posts like it.
"Yesterday, Colin Powell endorsed Barack Obama for president, explaining that he believes the incumbent has done a good job on the economy given the situation he was handed. As a former secretary of state and former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Powell also took serious issue with the foreign policy stances of Obama’s opponent, Mitt Romney, saying that ” I’m not quite sure which Governor Romney we would be getting with respect to foreign policy”:

“One day he has a certain strong view about staying in Afghanistan, but then on Monday night he agrees with the withdrawal. Same thing in Iraq. On almost every issue that was discussed on Monday night, Governor Romney agreed with the President with some nuances.
But this is quite a different set of foreign policy views than he had earlier in the campaign. And my concern, which I’ve expressed previously in a public way, is that sometimes I don’t sense that he has thought through these issues as thoroughly as he should have, and he gets advice from his campaign staff that he then has to adjust to modify as he goes along.

INTERVIEWER: Are you concerned about the people that are advising Governor Romney?

POWELL: I think there’s some very, very strong neo-conservative views that are presented by the Governor that I have some trouble with. There are other issues as well, not just the economy and foreign policy. I’m more comfortable with President Obama and his administration when it comes to issues like what are we going to do about climate, what are we going to do about immigration? What are we going to do about education? Lots of things like that. I do not want to see the new Obamacare plan thrown off the table. It has issues, you have to fix some things in that plan. But what I see when I look at that plan is 30 million of our fellow citizens will now be covered by insurance. And I think that’s good. We’re one of the few nations in the world, with our size, population and wealth, that does not have universal health care.”
Colin Powell endorses Obama; Sununu, McCain go nuts | Jay Bookman
Can you repeat that Mr. Phoenix?

Liberals have no trouble believing that some people oppose Obama because he's black. Yet, they express shock at the suggestion that some people support Obama because he's black. Curious.

Given all the times that liberals have accused white conservatives of attacking Obama because he's black, it's rather odd to see such an intense protest over the idea that some blacks support him because he's black.

Is Powell's endorsement based on race? I suspect that's part of the reason, and it might even be the deciding factor, but I think there are other reasons as well.

Conservatives deny that anyone opposes Obama just because he's black, yet they constantly claim that black people support him only because he's black.

Given all the times that Conservatives have denied that race plays any part in their dislike for Obama, it's rather odd to see such an intense belief in the idea that black people only support Obama because he's black.

See how that works?

Excellent points!

Treating Colin Powell as

Here's a more honest assessment of Powell's reasoning than the dishonest assessment in your post and the other posts like it.
"Yesterday, Colin Powell endorsed Barack Obama for president, explaining that he believes the incumbent has done a good job on the economy given the situation he was handed. As a former secretary of state and former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Powell also took serious issue with the foreign policy stances of Obama’s opponent, Mitt Romney, saying that ” I’m not quite sure which Governor Romney we would be getting with respect to foreign policy”:

“One day he has a certain strong view about staying in Afghanistan, but then on Monday night he agrees with the withdrawal. Same thing in Iraq. On almost every issue that was discussed on Monday night, Governor Romney agreed with the President with some nuances.
But this is quite a different set of foreign policy views than he had earlier in the campaign. And my concern, which I’ve expressed previously in a public way, is that sometimes I don’t sense that he has thought through these issues as thoroughly as he should have, and he gets advice from his campaign staff that he then has to adjust to modify as he goes along.

INTERVIEWER: Are you concerned about the people that are advising Governor Romney?

POWELL: I think there’s some very, very strong neo-conservative views that are presented by the Governor that I have some trouble with. There are other issues as well, not just the economy and foreign policy. I’m more comfortable with President Obama and his administration when it comes to issues like what are we going to do about climate, what are we going to do about immigration? What are we going to do about education? Lots of things like that. I do not want to see the new Obamacare plan thrown off the table. It has issues, you have to fix some things in that plan. But what I see when I look at that plan is 30 million of our fellow citizens will now be covered by insurance. And I think that’s good. We’re one of the few nations in the world, with our size, population and wealth, that does not have universal health care.”

:)

I will also add that this thread does demonstrate the mindset of some White republicans attitude towards Black people in general and Black politicians specifically; It seems that as long as a Black republican makes blanket and inaccurate as well as insulting and demeaning comments in the form of generalizations about Black people who vote democrat and Black people in general, they are considered "free thinkers" and the "good Blacks". They had those same thoughts about Colin Powell until he started speaking his mind and truly being a FREE THINKER and promoting his vision of the republican party. Now he's a "racist", now those pukes who don't even qualify to clean his jock strap will hurl all sorts of insults towards Colin Powell.

Treating Colin Powell as

I will also add that this thread does demonstrate the mindset of some White republicans attitude towards Black people in general and Black politicians specifically; It seems that as long as a Black republican makes blanket and inaccurate as well as insulting and demeaning comments in the form of generalizations about Black people who vote democrat and Black people in general, they are considered "free thinkers" and the "good Blacks". They had those same thoughts about Colin Powell until he started speaking his mind and truly being a FREE THINKER and promoting his vision of the republican party. Now he's a "racist", now those pukes who don't even qualify to clean his jock strap will hurl all sorts of insults towards Colin Powell.

OMG..your whine over Colin Powell is hilarious..when during Bush you hated his guts. Now he's become a hero to you lefties just because he endorses Obama OVER his own Party..you people are so transparent

Last edited:

OMG..your whine over Colin Powell is hilarious..when during Bush you hated his guts. Now he's become a hero to you lefties just because he endorses Obama OVER his own Party..you people are so transparent

Wrong, wrong, and wrong again!!! It's funny that making an accurate observation is considered "whining" by you. I never hated Colin Powell's guts, I wanted him to run for President since at least the mid-nineties. I had and have the utmost respect for the man. The transparent ones are the hypocrites and bigots who now loathe General Powell.

Then maybe Powell should just STFU and go join the Democrat Party, if he's sooooooooo concerned.

It would be a lot more intellectually honest.

The Republican Party...so accepting of those who may differ in some times...some details.

we have every right to tell him to leave...just because you Democrats overlook every crook, liar and cheat in your party doesn't mean we do

The conservatives have done everything in their power to make centrist Republicans unwelcome in the party,

and then one actually takes them up on that unwelcome,

suddenly HE's the bad guy. Suddenly he's the traitor. Suddenly he's the racist.

You people are depressingly ignorant.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong again!!! It's funny that making an accurate observation is considered "whining" by you. I never hated Colin Powell's guts, I wanted him to run for President since at least the mid-nineties. I had and have the utmost respect for the man. The transparent ones are the hypocrites and bigots who now loathe General Powell.

well good for you, I never cared enough for him to want him to run as President and now I'm glad he didn't

I don't have a problem with Powell sucking up to Obama.

I don't have a problem with him voting down a race line. To be expected. No big smurf.

But don't lie. Don't tell me you're still a republican.

My point was just the so called conservative blacks going over to Obama.

Bush won with about 16% of the black vote

10-12 percent of that shifted over to Obama in 2008. That was because of race.

You're not counting the 10 point swing to the Democrats overall from 2004 to 2008, but that aside,

what you're really saying is that blacks are racist because 90% of them don't vote based on the color of the candidate's skin.

lol you're an idiot.

The conservatives have done everything in their power to make centrist Republicans unwelcome in the party,

and then one actually takes them up on that unwelcome,

suddenly HE's the bad guy. Suddenly he's the traitor. Suddenly he's the racist.

You people are depressingly ignorant.

oh waaaa, :eusa_boohoo:
we don't need your all's advice on who we need in the party..LOOK out and worry about the crooks you all have and follow in the Democrat party..

Nah that's not it at all.

General Powell who I admire for his military service beyond belief. I admire the man for that.

But this situation where he is trying to come out like I'm a true conservative but I love Obama.

Oh kiss my ass.:D

This falls into the political category of "don't tell me you love me while I'm smacking the shit out of you".

This falls into the political category of " honest I won't come in your mouth".

Powell should just change parties and have done.

No problem whatsoever.

But stop lying. Now he's becoming a lying piece of shit. Pity. Change parties and at least have some integrity left.

Forum List

Back