The reason Trump did what he did at the press conference with Putin

It has been explained to me here that the reason Trump's fans are fine with what he did at the press conference with Putin is because they feel our intelligence apparatus is corrupt and treasonous.

Well, holy shit. At least we have an explanation for what Trump did.

It would actually make sense. Trump gets info on his "base" directly from Hannity, who (along with Levin and Limbaugh and the internet) plants this stuff in their heads. Since playing to his base is his top priority, Trump then acts accordingly. He knows his base is convinced that everyone is out to get them, so he says what he needs to say.

That's good to know. I guess.

Assuming facts not in evidence, and again his response was to a loaded question that basically said he won the election BECAUSE of the Russian "meddling"
Trump said what he said. If we can't expect our President to be responsible for his words, particularly when a dangerous adversary is standing right next to him, we're in real trouble.

Trump was right. Our FBI is corrupt. He was more responsible yesterday than O was in 8 years .
Okay, thanks for the confirmation.

In your opinion, is the FBI so corrupt that its worth throwing them under the bus in favor of a man like Putin?

If Trump is innocent, absolutely. If you were innocent, or wanted people to believe you were innocent, why would you offer up your guilt on a silver platter?

It has been explained to me here that the reason Trump's fans are fine with what he did at the press conference with Putin is because they feel our intelligence apparatus is corrupt and treasonous.

It would actually make sense. Trump gets info on his "base" directly from Hannity, who (along with Levin and Limbaugh and the internet) plants this stuff in their heads. Since playing to his base is his top priority, Trump then acts accordingly. He knows his base is convinced that everyone is out to get them, so he says what he needs to say.

I think his base is good with the "Putin embrace" because traditionalists are .... aghast. And for the same reason, they're good with any relationship between Trump and Putin is fine by them, even if it includes cooperating in sharing illegally obtained information to help in Trump's election.

But I'm not sure that explains Trump's behavior. Trump is not crazy. I think even his "off the cuff" comments are considered.

The Putin comments don't make running as a republican for the House or Senate any easier. It's not just Rorbacher who is within the margin of error against his dem challenger. Josh Hawley faces one of the dems most vulnerable, McCaskill, and Hawley is running as "a vote for Trump." Hawley already has the "tariff issue" in an agriculture state.

People can say "Trump's not a normal politician." But I'd disagree. I think the only unusual thing about him is his policies and beliefs. But how he communicates is not unusual. Nor is having a small tightknit group of inner confidents that unusual. JFK thought both the military and cia had their own interests at heart, and he kept close counsel. Nobody knew what Nixon was doing. Reagan was outside the gop establishment in Washington

Assuming facts not in evidence, and again his response was to a loaded question that basically said he won the election BECAUSE of the Russian "meddling"
Trump said what he said. If we can't expect our President to be responsible for his words, particularly when a dangerous adversary is standing right next to him, we're in real trouble.

Trump was right. Our FBI is corrupt. He was more responsible yesterday than O was in 8 years .

In your opinion, is the FBI so corrupt that its worth throwing them under the bus in favor of a man like Putin?

If Trump is innocent, absolutely. If you were innocent, or wanted people to believe you were innocent, why would you offer up your guilt on a silver platter?
No. Not with Putin standing next to me. Not even close.

AP: Just now president Putin denied having anything to do with the election interference in 2016. Every U.S. intelligence agency has concluded Russia did. My first question for you, sir, is who do you believe? My second question is would you now with the whole world watching tell president Putin—would you denounce what happened in 2016 and would you warn him to never do it again?

The Traitor's response had NOTHING to do with Putin. He went on a fucking Fox News directed script instead.

Holy crap, the entire first four years of Obama's disastrous regime consisted of him saying things that he meant, but which the left maintains were *misstatements*, or just him blathering without knowing what he was talking about.

In this instance, Trump said nothing that isn't true. Our fbi is going down, and that comment was his public statement to the world that it's going down.
It is clear that he won't win that battle.

Trump say: Our poor relationship with Russia, Our fault.

QUOTE (Due to United States foolishness & Stupidity)

Our president said that about us!

This is completely rhetorhical spin.

And no, you are not being direct. You are inserting YOUR WORDS in place of what actually took place in the conference.

Provide the ACTUAL quote what you are are referencing and not YOUR spin. "Trump did what he did", is in no way a description of what he actually did. And throwing someone under the bus in favor of Putin is pure spin by you. In no way does following the evidence mean that Trump is bed with Putin.

Crazy conspiracy theory...

But could you explain what Trump actually did do, precisely, instead of this vague bullshit?

You have trouble with it because he didn't do anything.
No one is "having trouble with it", no one from across the political spectrum.

He threw our national intelligence apparatus under the bus in favor of Putin.

You can pretend he didn't, I expect that, but I assure you no one is having trouble seeing what he did.

Who cares? He did exactly what one would think the anti-Trumpers would expect him to do, so not sure why ya’ll are acting so surprised. He says what he believes and you call him out. He lies and you call him out... what does it really matter what he said? You were gonna get mad either way.

It would seem Trump believes he is the victim of a bogus investigation. How many times has he used the phrase “witch hunt” yet you expect he’ll back the intelligence agencies he believes are trying to fuck him over?

Here’s a question: if he had said during the Putin summit that he believes Putin helped him win the election and the American intelligence agencies are doing a wonderful job, would you have believed him? Do you believe Trump’s actions in this specific matter are those of an innocent man or a guilty man?
Maybe he could have taken the side of the American intelligence apparatus against a murderous, corrupt, lying thug from a dangerous global adversary.

Is that asking too much?

You didn’t answer my questions...

This is completely rhetorhical spin.

And no, you are not being direct. You are inserting YOUR WORDS in place of what actually took place in the conference.

Provide the ACTUAL quote what you are are referencing and not YOUR spin.
Please see post 47.

All these traitors have in their arsenal are straw men, false dichotomies, red herrings, tu quoques, hypocrisies, and an Everest of manufactured bullshit.

To wit:

Holy crap, the entire first four years of Obama's disastrous regime consisted of him saying things that he meant, but which the left maintains were *misstatements*, or just him blathering without knowing what he was talking about.

In this instance, Trump said nothing that isn't true. Our fbi is going down, and that comment was his public statement to the world that it's going down.

I guarantee the *good* fbi agents, if there are any, are looking at exit strategies. If they are real law enforcement, and they're in the fbi, and they aren't enemies of the state (I honestly don't believe there are any fbi agents who aren't enemies of the state) then they just received notice and should be looking into a career change.
putin_thumbs_up_2.jpg

Thank you, my cock-gobbling comrade! By the way, I haven't invaded Crimea, either.

We can spin this shit all fuckin day long, bottom line is this, Trump is just too fuckin dumb for words. And Putin, inside that round peanut head of his, is laughing his fuckin head off at this dumb white orangy motherfucker. Instead of making excuses for this clown, we should all be embarassed as hell that he's the leader of this country. This motherfucker is still talking about how he beat Hillary at a fuckin Russian press conference....I mean, when will you stupid white mf's wake the hell up. I was listening to CSpan this morning and low and behold, the hicks were all in for Trump....one black conservative bitch said and I quote.....I know he knows what he's doing, I may not understand it, but I'm not gonna question the president, unquote.....I just hope the dumb black bitch is ready to become the Jews to the Nazi Russians when they take over this country.....and Chamberlin, ie Trump is tossed aside.

But could you explain what Trump actually did do, precisely, instead of this vague bullshit?

You can pretend he didn't, I expect that, but I assure you no one is having trouble seeing what he did.

Who cares? He did exactly what one would think the anti-Trumpers would expect him to do, so not sure why ya’ll are acting so surprised. He says what he believes and you call him out. He lies and you call him out... what does it really matter what he said? You were gonna get mad either way.

It would seem Trump believes he is the victim of a bogus investigation. How many times has he used the phrase “witch hunt” yet you expect he’ll back the intelligence agencies he believes are trying to fuck him over?

Here’s a question: if he had said during the Putin summit that he believes Putin helped him win the election and the American intelligence agencies are doing a wonderful job, would you have believed him? Do you believe Trump’s actions in this specific matter are those of an innocent man or a guilty man?
Maybe he could have taken the side of the American intelligence apparatus against a murderous, corrupt, lying thug from a dangerous global adversary.

Is that asking too much?

You didn’t answer my questions...
My answer is that Trump should know better than to litigate this at a press conference with Putin standing next to him.

This is so goddamn basic that I don't know what to tell you.

He chose to say what he said. No one made him say it. Why is this so difficult to understand?

Is that asking too much?

If he’s innocent, it’s absolutely asking too much. I’m skeptical about the Russian meddling and I’m thinking you’re not—that is where our differences on this subject lie. I’ll ask again as this could be an interesting discussion: are Trump’s actions in this specific matter the actions of an innocent man or a guilty man?

All these traitors have in their arsenal are straw men, false dichotomies, red herrings, tu quoques, hypocrisies, and an Everest of manufactured bullshit.

To wit:

I guarantee the *good* fbi agents, if there are any, are looking at exit strategies. If they are real law enforcement, and they're in the fbi, and they aren't enemies of the state (I honestly don't believe there are any fbi agents who aren't enemies of the state) then they just received notice and should be looking into a career change.
putin_thumbs_up_2.jpg

Thank you, my cock-gobbling comrade! By the way, I haven't invaded Crimea, either.
obammyRussianHacking.jpg

"President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today."

And this equates to "Trump threw the intelligence community under the bus in favor of Putin". That is crazy indeed...

Once the intelligence community does its job and provides actual evidence, maybe someone will take you seriously.

Is that asking too much?

If he’s innocent, it’s absolutely asking too much. I’m skeptical about the Russian meddling and I’m thinking you’re not—that is where our differences on this subject lie. I’ll ask again as this could be an interesting discussion: are Trump’s actions in this specific matter the actions of an innocent man or a guilty man?
As I've said a thousand times, this isn't about meddling or collusion. I'm happy to wait for proof. Until then, I don't know.

This is about what he said and did yesterday. That's it. Period.

"President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today."
And this equates to "Trump threw the intelligence community under the bus in favor of Putin". That is crazy indeed...
Once the intelligence community does its job and provides actual evidence, maybe someone will take you seriously.
Had Obama said the same thing, you'd be calling for his impeachment. At least.

Forum List

Back