The real winners of the ACA

Anyone wonder why all the top exec's at the gangster insurance companies are 100% behind the ACA?

Yeah. Sure. The insurance companies are the ones who put a cap on their profits in the ACA.

The insurance companies forced themselves to take people with pre-existing conditions.

Just how stupid are you?

The insurance companies asked for, and got, the individual mandate to offset all the profit-killing measures in the ACA. They were not driving the whole bill.

You know what the real problem is? The real problem is that healthcare costs were outpacing inflation for decades. And ever since the early 90s, the Democrats have been banging the drum about it.

What did the GOP do about it? NOTHING!!!

When the had ALLLLLLLL the power, they did NOTHING.

The GOP had every opportunity to fix the problem. And they knew the Democrats were chomping at the bit to have a go at it. They knew if they did NOTHING, the Democrats would do SOMETHING they were not going to like.

And yet...when they had ALLLLLLLLL the power, they did NOTHING anyway.

That's full retard you are looking at, son. Full retard.

Anyone wonder why all the top exec's at the gangster insurance companies are 100% behind the ACA?

Health Insurers Secretly Spent Huge To Defeat Health Care Reform While Pretending To Support Obamacare

According to the National Journal’s Influence Alley, at the very same time the American Health Insurance Plans (AHIP)—the health insurance industry super lobby—was cutting a deal with the White House leading to its stated support of the proposed Obamacare legislation, they were secretly funneling huge amounts money to the Chamber of Commerce to be spent on advertising designed to convince the public that the legislation should be defeated.

How much money?

A stunning $102.4 million spent over just 15 months.

If you want to see how the success or failure of the Affordable Care Act might shape the nation’s future electoral battles, watch Kentucky.

What Kentucky's Obamacare Success Might Mean in 2014 - Businessweek

The state’s health-insurance exchange, Kynect, stood out for having worked smoothly in the week after most other marketplaces opened around the country with glitches and delays. The Bluegrass State happens to be home to two Republicans who serve as some of Obamacare’s biggest foes in the U.S. Senate: Mitch McConnell, the minority leader up for reelection next year, and Rand Paul, the libertarian Tea Party ally eying a run for the White House.

Behind Kentucky’s exchange is Governor Steve Beshear, a second-term Democrat
who decided to build the exchange over the objections of state Republicans. Beshear argued in a New York Times op-ed last month that Kentucky’s “horrendous” health status meant the state urgently needed the Affordable Care Act to help expand insurance coverage to 600,000 people. He also took a jab at “naysayers” who “pour time, money and energy into overturning or defunding the Affordable Care Act.” McConnell and Paul hit back last week, writing in their own op-ed, “Obamacare might sell in New York, but Kentuckians aren’t buying it.”

Pretty sure this couple will not be there...

Obamacare's winners and losers in Bay Area

Part of the losers are Cindy Vinson and Tom Waschura, both Obama supporters:

Vinson, of San Jose, will pay $1,800 more a year for an individual policy, while Waschura, of Portola Valley, will cough up almost $10,000 more for insurance for his family of four.

Vinson told the newspaper.
“Of course, I want people to have health care,”
“I just didn’t realize I would be the one who was going to pay for it personally.”
Waschura was similarly surprised.
“I was laughing at Boehner,” he said, “until the mail came today.”

I agree.

Some folks will like it till they find out how much their deductable is.

I work with a couple of guys. One has a friend who's deductable is $13,999.00 and the others is $11,000.

Let me tell you. They are not pleased. Not one bit.

Also, in 2015 anything you spend on HC will be income and taxable. There are 21 tax increases in the ACA.

Anyone who has Health Insurance will be paying for their own and subsidizing the cost for loads of others.

One has to wonder just who the ACA is affordable for??

they were WARNED but decided not to believe it, right?
they got their price tag already.

most will start getting it after 2018 when employer-based insurance will all but disappear, due to 40% "cadillac" tax - another lie which has been circulated around - under the provision of 10,200$ spent - everyone will fit into the description of a "cadillac" plan.

Last edited:
Health care for everyone is everyone's concern...Health is not the same as driving an auto...

Why is it "everyone's" concern?

Its a pay me now or pay me later issue. Its certainly connected with domestic tranquility and lastly it has to do with what living as a Society and nation as people with shared interest and concerns is all about...I do not want to live in a Mad Max society where Darwinistic survival is the lowest common denominator..

This is the excuse for pretty much every encroachment on individual rights. If we allow it for health care, it can and will be used to claim that more and more our personal decisions are subject to government mandate.

If you want to see how the success or failure of the Affordable Care Act might shape the nation’s future electoral battles, watch Kentucky.

The state’s health-insurance exchange, Kynect, stood out for having worked smoothly in the week after most other marketplaces opened around the country with glitches and delays. The Bluegrass State happens to be home to two Republicans who serve as some of Obamacare’s biggest foes in the U.S. Senate: Mitch McConnell, the minority leader up for reelection next year, and Rand Paul, the libertarian Tea Party ally eying a run for the White House.

Behind Kentucky’s exchange is Governor Steve Beshear, a second-term Democrat
who decided to build the exchange over the objections of state Republicans. Beshear argued in a New York Times op-ed last month that Kentucky’s “horrendous” health status meant the state urgently needed the Affordable Care Act to help expand insurance coverage to 600,000 people. He also took a jab at “naysayers” who “pour time, money and energy into overturning or defunding the Affordable Care Act.” McConnell and Paul hit back last week, writing in their own op-ed, “Obamacare might sell in New York, but Kentuckians aren’t buying it.”

Yep. The GOP is scared shitless ObamaCare will succeed. It is making them insane with fear.

The greatest GOP blunder of all time, doing nothing about the problem when they had the chance and handing the whole thing over to the Democrats to solve.

I guess that's the core of the disagreement. Health care is a personal, private concern, and not something that should be subject to politics.

You say "Health care is a personal, private concern, and not something that should be subject to politics" do you stand by that when it comes to female reproductive health services...?

Yes.

So then you oppose the constant deluge of Republican anti Female heath care intrusive laws over the last 18 month...do you consider yourself a Republican and if so how do you address the contradictions inherent in your positions ?

Yeah. Sure. The insurance companies are the ones who put a cap on their profits in the ACA.

The insurance companies forced themselves to take people with pre-existing conditions.

Just how stupid are you?

The insurance companies asked for, and got, the individual mandate to offset all the profit-killing measures in the ACA. They were not driving the whole bill.

Google Liz Fowler..

You say "Health care is a personal, private concern, and not something that should be subject to politics" do you stand by that when it comes to female reproductive health services...?

Yes.

So then you oppose the constant deluge of Republican anti Female heath care intrusive laws over the last 18 month...do you consider yourself a Republican and if so how do you address the contradictions inherent in your positions ?

Abortion is not a health issue. It is an economic one. It is murder for bogus economic reasons.

A very, very tiny percentage of abortions are for the health of the mother. The vast majority are for convenience.

Killing a child in the womb because they cost too much is no different than killing a six month old because they cost too much.

Why is it "everyone's" concern?

Its a pay me now or pay me later issue. Its certainly connected with domestic tranquility and lastly it has to do with what living as a Society and nation as people with shared interest and concerns is all about...I do not want to live in a Mad Max society where Darwinistic survival is the lowest common denominator..

This is the excuse for pretty much every encroachment on individual rights. If we allow it for health care, it can and will be used to claim that more and more our personal decisions are subject to government mandate.

The Government already has a right to come busting into your home with long guns if someone told them you have marijuana...the Govt can make one pee in a cup at will...that train left the station some time back and I recall the right wing cheering,,,there is no encroachment to my rights in the ACA law nor do I see how it encroaches on anyone else...or better said how it encroaches in a radical new way on We the People...

Yes.

No, I'm not a Republican.

Last edited:
there is no encroachment to my rights in the ACA law

The ACA is forcing everyone to buy a commercial product.

nor do I see how it encroaches on anyone else

I have to pay for someone else's insurance subsidy.

The Left never sees a problem with taking more money from someone else. Never. "Problem? What problem? I see no problem..."

Last edited:

Abortion is not a health issue. It is an economic one. It is murder for bogus economic reasons.

A very, very tiny percentage of abortions are for the health of the mother. The vast majority are for convenience.

Killing a child in the womb because they cost too much is no different than killing a six month old because they cost too much.

I am sorry but neither you nor anyone else should make those Judgements on our fellow Americans...either one believes in Freedom or not....

Pretty sure this couple will not be there...

Obamacare's winners and losers in Bay Area

Part of the losers are Cindy Vinson and Tom Waschura, both Obama supporters:

Vinson, of San Jose, will pay $1,800 more a year for an individual policy, while Waschura, of Portola Valley, will cough up almost $10,000 more for insurance for his family of four.

Vinson told the newspaper.
“Of course, I want people to have health care,”
“I just didn’t realize I would be the one who was going to pay for it personally.”
Waschura was similarly surprised.
“I was laughing at Boehner,” he said, “until the mail came today.”

I agree.

Some folks will like it till they find out how much their deductable is.

I work with a couple of guys. One has a friend who's deductable is $13,999.00 and the others is $11,000.

Let me tell you. They are not pleased. Not one bit.

Also, in 2015 anything you spend on HC will be income and taxable. There are 21 tax increases in the ACA.

Anyone who has Health Insurance will be paying for their own and subsidizing the cost for loads of others.

One has to wonder just who the ACA is affordable for??

they were WARNED but decided not to believe it, right?
they got their price tag already.

most will start getting it after 2018 when employer-based insurance will all but disappear, due to 40% "cadillac" tax - another lie which has been circulated around - under the provision of 10,200$ spent - everyone will fit into the description of a "cadillac" plan.

Oh believe me. They were never in favor of the affordable care act. After checking costs they are even less in favor of it.

Can't see why anyone would want the Govt running HC. The Govt that has never run anything cheaply or well. The Govt that turns into a giant mess of red tape, paperwork and waits.

Anyone who want them running health care for an entire country ain't to smart in my book.

I am sorry but neither you nor anyone else should make those Judgements on our fellow Americans...either one believes in Freedom or not....

That unborn child is a fellow human being, jackass. And God will judge those who would murder that child.

Last edited:

The Government already has a right to come busting into your home with long guns if someone told them you have marijuana...the Govt can make one pee in a cup at will...that train left the station some time back and I recall the right wing cheering,,,there is no encroachment to my rights in the ACA law nor do I see how it encroaches on anyone else...or better said how it encroaches in a radical new way on We the People...

Yeah. I get that you're not seeing that. But you need to open your eyes. ACA takes away the most fundamental right we have as consumers: the right to say "no" to a product or service when we don't think it's worth the cost.

The Govt has coercive powers over people. The issue you are bringing up was litigated all the way to the Supreme Court...the Govt requires auto insurance to drive ...the Financil industry requires home owners insurance for a Mtg...it is something I do not like [the use of coercive power] . The penalties for non compliance are not onerous ...this same program was enacted by Mitt Romney in Massachusetts...this is not the Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Yeah. I get that you're not seeing that. But you need to open your eyes. ACA takes away the most fundamental right we have as consumers: the right to say "no" to a product or service when we don't think it's worth the cost.

You can say no and pay the tax penalty but you can say no...If you are a conscientious objector in Times of war you can say No and go to jail or serve as a medic ..its not a radical departure from heretofore practices...

The Govt has coercive powers over people. The issue you are bringing up was litigated all the way to the Supreme Court...the Govt requires auto insurance to drive ...the Financil industry requires home owners insurance for a Mtg...it is something I do not like [the use of coercive power] . The penalties for non compliance are not onerous ...this same program was enacted by Mitt Romney in Massachusetts...this is not the Invasion of the Body Snatchers
This is exactly how I explain the huge mistake faux conservatives have made.

A fake right winger will scream like a welfare queen if you try to take away the mortgage interest tax deduction, and yet that is a monster regressive tax penalty on everyone who does not buy a house. It is a mortgage mandate.

There are over a trillion dollars of such government social engineering mandates in our tax code. You are punished with higher taxes for not having kids, or for not buying the right kind of refrigerator.

So a tax penalty for not buying insurance is not even a leap. It's the next obvious step.

The American motto: Gimme, gimme, gimme, and make that guy over there pay for it.

But as the old saying goes, "Two wrongs don't make a right." The health insurance mandate is wrong. The problem is that many who are opposed to it are hypocrites. You can tell by their support for tax expenditures. They defend them with the same rationale as someone who supports food stamps or ObamaPhones. And tax expenditures are a much, much bigger cost to us than food stamps or ObamaPhones.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back