The real winners of the ACA

I pay for my health insurance. If you want to pay for your own and several others health insurance, feel free to do so. Just don't make a law that requires me too.

Before ObamaCare, EMTALA forced YOU paid for others' health care.

With ObamaCare, they must pay for their own.

WHY is that so hard to understand?

People with pre-existing conditions that can now get health insurance easier will not be paying a higher rate, even though they should because they are a higher risk due to having a pre-existing condition. Guess who is paying for their lowered rate? People will still be uncovered and will still go to the ER and we will still be paying for them. Maternity, newborn, ped care (including vision and dental) is now a MUST for everyone, whether you need it or not. Guess whose premiums will increase because of that? The (un)aca forces you to pay for other's health care. Why is that so hard to understand?

if you took time to see how the ACA gets its money from people who don't pay for health care you wouldn't be this uniformed ...
first of all the ones who don't pay they are determined by their tax filings if they will me put on medicaid ... if they qulify for medicaid then the doctors and hospitals get paid... now if the don't fit the profile for medicaid they are taxed for it base on their taxable income ... that tax goes to the doctors and hospitals to pay for their losses ... if the charge is to high for the amount of tax they are charged, then the medical equipment tax is put into play to pay for it ...keeping the people who pays for their health care from going up from people who don't pay..

People with pre-existing conditions that can now get health insurance easier will not be paying a higher rate, even though they should because they are a higher risk due to having a pre-existing condition. Guess who is paying for their lowered rate? People will still be uncovered and will still go to the ER and we will still be paying for them. Maternity, newborn, ped care (including vision and dental) is now a MUST for everyone, whether you need it or not. Guess whose premiums will increase because of that? The (un)aca forces you to pay for other's health care. Why is that so hard to understand?

The mandate to obtain Health insurance, in theory, will balance that pre-existing condition liability by bringing into the system younger healthier premium payers who it is recognized require less health care services. They benefit from having access to health care services for accidents and other health care contingencies.

It has been said that a camel is what happens when a horse is drawn up by committee...the ACA with its flaws and warts is a plan drawn up by committee of competing interests. It will need a lot of tweaking and reform so later generations might say "..this was their finest hour"...
from being able to remain on parents health plan until 26

Oh please. People w/pe's should pay more because they are a higher risk. Non pe people shouldn't have to kick in more so the pe people can get a 'fairer deal'. Period.

Following the (un) aca logic, a 16 year old newly licensed driver should pay the same rate as a 30+ year accident free driver and homeowner's insurance should be the same for everyone, regardless of how much home you own. :cuckoo:

Health care for everyone is everyone's concern...Health is not the same as driving an auto...

The mandate to obtain Health insurance, in theory, will balance that pre-existing condition liability by bringing into the system younger healthier premium payers who it is recognized require less health care services. They benefit from having access to health care services for accidents and other health care contingencies.

It has been said that a camel is what happens when a horse is drawn up by committee...the ACA with its flaws and warts is a plan drawn up by committee of competing interests. It will need a lot of tweaking and reform so later generations might say "..this was their finest hour"...

Oh please. People w/pe's should pay more because they are a higher risk. Non pe people shouldn't have to kick in more so the pe people can get a 'fairer deal'. Period.

Following the (un) aca logic, a 16 year old newly licensed driver should pay the same rate as a 30+ year accident free driver and homeowner's insurance should be the same for everyone, regardless of how much home you own. :cuckoo:

Health care for everyone is everyone's concern...Health is not the same as driving an auto...

the do have a comparison problem ... its no where near like auto insurance ...

see, you don't understand that this law is a sellout of Americans to the big companies for the benefit of the big businesses - the plan which is ALWAYS fulfilled by dimocraps - the party which always benefit the bankers, the Wall street and the big business, not the middle class.
and our leftard parrots here will defend it no matter what.

Of course a healthy person should not pay the same premium as the one with a pre-existing condition - it is just not fair.
but selling out middle class to the one-percenters is not fair, too.
Although that is what dimocraps do, and their mouthpieces hail them for.

Health care for everyone is everyone's concern.

I guess that's the core of the disagreement. Health care is a personal, private concern, and not something that should be subject to politics.

It's whatever way they need it to be to suit their current agenda. I'm guessing that in the not too distant future, it will be everyone's 'concern' how you maintain your health as well. They'll be watching what you eat, how often you exercise, if you smoke, do drugs, have unsafe sex, etc... This has further opened the door to uncontroled government intrusion into your private life. And they'll defend it and rationalize it then as well. Does make you wonder where, if ever, they would draw a line?

I guess that's the core of the disagreement. Health care is a personal, private concern, and not something that should be subject to politics.

It's whatever way they need it to be to suit their current agenda. I'm guessing that in the not too distant future, it will be everyone's 'concern' how you maintain your health as well. They'll be watching what you eat, how often you exercise, if you smoke, do drugs, have unsafe sex, etc... This has further opened the door to uncontroled government intrusion into your private life. And they'll defend it and rationalize it then as well. Does make you wonder where, if ever, they would draw a line?

Exactly. We're already seeing the partial public funding of health care being used as an excuse for intrusive legislation. Laws dictating what we eat, smoke, etc... are routinely justified by their 'cost to taxpayers'. As health care becomes, more and more, a public concern, so will all our most personal habits and choices.

Actually, it's Obama's buddies that got $200,000,000+ to develop a website that doesn't work!

I pay for my health insurance. If you want to pay for your own and several others health insurance, feel free to do so. Just don't make a law that requires me too.

I think the logic of everyone paying approximately the same is that everyone someday will get old or have a condition needing treatment so things should even out.

Pretty sure this couple will not be there...

Obamacare's winners and losers in Bay Area

Part of the losers are Cindy Vinson and Tom Waschura, both Obama supporters:

Vinson, of San Jose, will pay $1,800 more a year for an individual policy, while Waschura, of Portola Valley, will cough up almost $10,000 more for insurance for his family of four.

Vinson told the newspaper.
“Of course, I want people to have health care,”
“I just didn’t realize I would be the one who was going to pay for it personally.”
Waschura was similarly surprised.
“I was laughing at Boehner,” he said, “until the mail came today.”

I agree.

Some folks will like it till they find out how much their deductable is.

I work with a couple of guys. One has a friend who's deductable is $13,999.00 and the others is $11,000.

Let me tell you. They are not pleased. Not one bit.

Also, in 2015 anything you spend on HC will be income and taxable. There are 21 tax increases in the ACA.

Anyone who has Health Insurance will be paying for their own and subsidizing the cost for loads of others.

One has to wonder just who the ACA is affordable for??

if you took time to see how the ACA gets its money from people who don't pay for health care you wouldn't be this uniformed ...
first of all the ones who don't pay they are determined by their tax filings if they will me put on medicaid ... if they qulify for medicaid then the doctors and hospitals get paid... now if the don't fit the profile for medicaid they are taxed for it base on their taxable income ... that tax goes to the doctors and hospitals to pay for their losses ... if the charge is to high for the amount of tax they are charged, then the medical equipment tax is put into play to pay for it ...keeping the people who pays for their health care from going up from people who don't pay..

First of all, try writing in English okay? I had to read your post three times and its still difficult to understand. Spell check and periods are your friend.

Medicaid? You are aware that many, many doctors simply don't take medicaid, right? My son (special needs) has a medicaid card. No doctor has ever taken it, with the sole exception of the optician (for a second pair of glasses) and recently his pediatrician (my son is 20 and has gone to this doc his whole life) said they accept his plan. We have insurance via my husband's work and don't use the medicaid insurance at all (figure someone else could use that $) sans the one exception which was the second pair of glasses.

Have you not been paying attention?? Nearly everyone's premium is going up because we are now having to pay for the high risk other guy, for government mandated coverage that we may not need (maternity, newborn, pediatric care including vision and dental).

Health care is one thing, health insurance is something else. Health insurance for everyone does not mean that healthy people should pay the same as people with pe's. Higher risk people should pay more because they are a higher risk. Where did I say that health care was like driving an auto???

Try reading what I actually wrote instead of what you think I wrote. What I said was ... having people without pre-existing conditions (low risk) pay more so that people with pre-existing conditions (high risk) get a lowered rate is wrong. It would be like a 16 year old driver (high risk) pay the same amount as a 30+ experience driver (low risk). Having people with pe's covered is great; having healthy people pay more so the pe people get a lowered rate is wrong. If you are high risk you should pay for that. Period. This government wants to level the playing field, make it all fair. Who it ends up being unfair for are the healthy people. And if I'm paying for obese ollie's health care, you know what? I'm gonna want obese ollie to put down that cheeseburger cause he's costing me money. Can't you see where this is all leading?

We pay an extra $500/year for our insurance because my husband smokes. Guess what? We should be paying more than someone who doesn't smoke, my husband is at a higher risk for certain diseases vs. someone who doesn't smoke. btw, smokers don't get the pre-existing conditions break that everyone else gets. Can't you see where this is all leading???

Last edited:

Why is it "everyone's" concern?

We have a center for Disease Control. We have myriads of law that certainly have to do with public and social health concerns. We have at Federal State and Local Government strata departments and programs addressing health issues. To do otherwise would be irresponsible and foolish...:eusa_eh:

You say "Health care is a personal, private concern, and not something that should be subject to politics" do you stand by that when it comes to female reproductive health services...?

Last edited:

Why is it "everyone's" concern?

Its a pay me now or pay me later issue. Its certainly connected with domestic tranquility and lastly it has to do with what living as a Society and nation as people with shared interest and concerns is all about...I do not want to live in a Mad Max society where Darwinistic survival is the lowest common denominator..

First of all, try writing in English okay? I had to read your post three times and its still difficult to understand. Spell check and periods are your friend.

Medicaid? You are aware that many, many doctors simply don't take medicaid, right? My son (special needs) has a medicaid card. No doctor has ever taken it, with the sole exception of the optician (for a second pair of glasses) and recently his pediatrician (my son is 20 and has gone to this doc his whole life) said they accept his plan. We have insurance via my husband's work and don't use the medicaid insurance at all (figure someone else could use that $) sans the one exception which was the second pair of glasses.

Have you not been paying attention?? Nearly everyone's premium is going up because we are now having to pay for the high risk other guy, for government mandated coverage that we may not need (maternity, newborn, pediatric care including vision and dental).

Health care is one thing, health insurance is something else. Health insurance for everyone does not mean that healthy people should pay the same as people with pe's. Higher risk people should pay more because they are a higher risk. Where did I say that health care was like driving an auto???

Try reading what I actually wrote instead of what you think I wrote. What I said was ... having people without pre-existing conditions (low risk) pay more so that people with pre-existing conditions (high risk) get a lowered rate is wrong. It would be like a 16 year old driver (high risk) pay the same amount as a 30+ experience driver (low risk). Having people with pe's covered is great; having healthy people pay more so the pe people get a lowered rate is wrong. If you are high risk you should pay for that. Period. This government wants to level the playing field, make it all fair. Who it ends up being unfair for are the healthy people. And if I'm paying for obese ollie's health care, you know what? I'm gonna want obese ollie to put down that cheeseburger cause he's costing me money. Can't you see where this is all leading?

We pay an extra $500/year for our insurance because my husband smokes. Guess what? We should be paying more than someone who doesn't smoke, my husband is at a higher risk for certain diseases vs. someone who doesn't smoke. btw, smokers don't get the pre-existing conditions break that everyone else gets. Can't you see where this is all leading???

People ought not to be dropped in the refuse bin because of existing medical condition. I am confident as Americans that we can do as good and outdo other nations in the care we provide our citizens. We do not have to abandon anyone to their fate...our Nation is wealthy we can afford care and compassion...we cannot afford heartlessness and disdain for our fellow Americans....

Pretty sure this couple will not be there...

Obamacare's winners and losers in Bay Area

Part of the losers are Cindy Vinson and Tom Waschura, both Obama supporters:

Vinson, of San Jose, will pay $1,800 more a year for an individual policy, while Waschura, of Portola Valley, will cough up almost $10,000 more for insurance for his family of four.

Vinson told the newspaper.
“Of course, I want people to have health care,”
“I just didn’t realize I would be the one who was going to pay for it personally.”
Waschura was similarly surprised.
“I was laughing at Boehner,” he said, “until the mail came today.”

I agree.

Some folks will like it till they find out how much their deductable is.

I work with a couple of guys. One has a friend who's deductable is $13,999.00 and the others is $11,000.

Let me tell you. They are not pleased. Not one bit.

Also, in 2015 anything you spend on HC will be income and taxable. There are 21 tax increases in the ACA.

Anyone who has Health Insurance will be paying for their own and subsidizing the cost for loads of others.

One has to wonder just who the ACA is affordable for??

Hey, Ted Cruz! These Texans Say Obamacare Is Helping Them | Mother Jones

Here are some other ways Texans are already benefiting from Obamacare:
◾The 77 percent of Texans who already have insurance will have more comprehensive coverage than before.
◾Some 357,000 under 26-year-olds in Texas who would otherwise have been uninsured have gained coverage through their parents.
◾In 2011 and 2012, over 5 million Texans with private health plans gained free preventive service coverage.
◾More than 10 million Texans, including 1.6 million children, have a pre-existing health condition, such as asthma or diabetes. Because of Obamacare, insurers are not allowed to deny coverage to kids because of pre-existing conditions. Starting in 2014, insurance companies will no longer be able to charge more or deny coverage to adults with pre-existing conditions.
◾Because of the new law, health insurance companies now have to spend at least 80 percent of your premium on health care costs, or provide you a refund. This means that 726,237 Texas residents with private insurance coverage will get $46,327,708 in refunds from insurance companies this year.
◾Obamacare bans insurance companies from imposing lifetime dollar limits on health benefits, a boon for cancer patients and other people with chronic diseases. 7,536,000 people in Texas, including 2,094,000 children, no longer have to worry about lifetime coverage limits.
◾Because of Obamacare, Texans with Medicare have so far saved nearly $421 million on prescription drugs. In 2012 alone, 206,304 people in the state in saved an average of $680 each.

Dylan Scott – October 21, 2013, 8:46 AM EDT10983
One Big Problem With Heritage's New Obamacare Study

The conservative Heritage Foundation released last week a new report on insurance premiums under Obamacare, and the conclusion was that favorite of conservative talking points: people are going to pay more for insurance under Obamacare.

Only the foundation left out one key variable in the equation, one that undermines their conclusion that "individuals in most states will end up spending more on the exchanges."

They didn't account for the financial help that the Affordable Care Act gives uninsured people to purchase insurance, one of the law's central provisions.

Under Obamacare, the sticker price for insurance isn't what most people are going to actually pay. The law offers tax credits, on a sliding scale, for people making between 100 and 400 percent of the federal poverty level. According to estimates from the Kaiser Family Foundation, more than half of uninsured Americans have an income within that range

One Big Problem With Heritage's New Obamacare Study

Forum List

Back