The real history of LBJ and Race, Goebbles would be proud

What did you want Dallek to do, dig up LBJ rotting corpse and ask if he said it? That's how research is done. Fire off a letter to Dallek and the NYTimes chastising them for their shoddy research and reviewership just because you still can't come to terms with the fact that LBJ was a racist

Dallek isn't the one quoting it as a fact to back up a point, you are. If you want to quote something as fact, and then called on it, don't blame me, live with it or find a better source.

Find better heroes

Flat out bad research. No credible evidence exists that LBJ used the word, when without a doubt JFK and LBJ started and kept going the legislation, with the Dems forcing the GOP senators and reps to go along or get their pork cut, that led to the Civil Right Act and Voting Rights Act.

"Robert Dallek (born May 16, 1934) is an American historian specializing in American presidents. He is a recently retired Professor of History at Boston University and has previously taught at Columbia University, UCLA, and Oxford. He has won the Bancroft Prize and numerous other awards for scholarship and teaching."

Robert Dallek - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah, I'll call him and tell him that Jake The Fake Republican thinks he does shoddy research.

Here's the thing.

You fucking lying Progressives lost your media monopoly so you're in a world of shit because I'm going to lance the festering boil of every lie you ever told me my whole life: FDR sucked and was a failure, LBJ was a fucking peckerwood cracker redneck racist and Joe McCarthy was an American Patriot and Hero.

I have facts to bad all of that up all you have is your whining and complaining that it's not fair.

Too fucking bad.

That the Dems supported of the civil right movment for entirely politicially motivations I do not doubt for a minute.

Was there ever any question about that?

Do you doubt that the Republicans are now supporting White backlash for political motivations?

Such cynical motivations as those are the nature of politics.

That the Dems supported of the civil right movment for entirely politicially motivations I do not doubt for a minute.

Was there ever any question about that?

Do you doubt that the Republicans are now supporting White backlash for political motivations?

Such cynical motivations as those are the nature of politics.

very true.

As to LBJ, anyone who doubts that he was a scummy politician is in deep denial. He was a crude epitome of a smokefilled room, underhanded, corrupt politician. I've absolutely no doubt that he used the N word in his life, along with the rest of his profanity, and given the era and location of his upbringing.

His wife, OTOH, seemed to be a lovely, sainted woman.

Your scummy LBJ forced his own party and blackmailed the GOP to force through Civil Rights Act, Voting Rights Act, and then used federal force to change the U.S. forever.

Good for all of us!

Your scummy LBJ forced his own party and blackmailed the GOP to force through Civil Rights Act, Voting Rights Act, and then used federal force to change the U.S. forever.

Good for all of us!

You meant Ike used federal force, right, dipshit?

The best and most recent source yet on the subject is LBJ: The Mastermind of the JFK Assassination. It's superbly documented and leaves no doubt whatsoever. All he says about RFK & MLK is that's for other books. But was it just coincidence that MLK was murdered just 4 days after Johnson declared he wasn't running, or the very evening that RFK became the unquestioned front runner for the nomination, and who as president would have finally had the power to expose him. They were probably part of the deal for him not running. He hated them both. Johnson was the "nut" that Johnson accused of killing Kennedy, not Oswald. He was bipolar, experiencing waves of euphoria and depression one after the other.

The best and most recent source yet on the subject is LBJ: The Mastermind of the JFK Assassination. It's superbly documented and leaves no doubt whatsoever. All he says about RFK & MLK is that's for other books. But was it just coincidence that MLK was murdered just 4 days after Johnson declared he wasn't running, or the very evening that RFK became the unquestioned front runner for the nomination, and who as president would have finally had the power to expose him. They were probably part of the deal for him not running. He hated them both. Johnson was the "nut" that Johnson accused of killing Kennedy, not Oswald. He was bipolar, experiencing waves of euphoria and depression one after the other.

Conspiracy Alert

So where did the "I Dare you to back up those quotes, CF!" Brigade disappear to?

What a shocker, LBJ a racist.

What next, FDR sucked and oversaw one of the worst economies in human history?

Whoa! FDR was elected in the midst of a great depression?:eek:

And he milked it for every drop he could get.
Every time the economy threatened to come back he knocked it down with repressive taxes.
WW2 put a stop to his madness.

"Never let a good crisis go to waste". That didn't start with the Obama Regime.

So where did the "I Dare you to back up those quotes, CF!" Brigade disappear to?

What a shocker, LBJ a racist.

What next, FDR sucked and oversaw one of the worst economies in human history?

Whoa! FDR was elected in the midst of a great depression?:eek:

FDR was elected during a stock market crash and turned it into the Great Depression

Good for all of us!

You meant Ike used federal force, right, dipshit?

In a high school, dipshit.

Actually, you are overlooking the Civil Rights Act of 1957 encouraged by President Eisenhower:

In 1957, President Eisenhower sent Congress a proposal for civil rights legislation. The result was the Civil Rights Act of 1957, the first civil rights legislation since Reconstruction. The new act established the Civil Rights Section of the Justice Department and empowered federal prosecutors to obtain court injunctions against interference with the right to vote. It also established a federal Civil Rights Commission with authority to investigate discriminatory conditions and recommend corrective measures. The final act was weakened by Congress due to lack of support among the Democrats.

Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum

freedombecki, (1) was it the same sweeping act of 1964 and (2) did it pass?

The times then and the times are so similar: then the Dems were trying to put down their far reactionaries in the South and now the GOP is trying to put down its far reactionaries in the south and the Midwest.

We GOP today will succeed just as did the Dems in the 1960s.

In 1957, the KKK was still going very strong, and yes, the legislation was very upsetting to the KKK, I mean, Democrat Party. I got an earful one day of it, too. There are a lot of blacks around the town I grew up in. Not one of them deserved what I heard in that earful. Not one.

Give us some mainstream credible historians and institutions instead of the loony bins where this information is reported.

The facts remain that JFK and LBJ were responsible for transforming civil rights in America, and the GOP senators and congressmen had to be threatened with losing all the pork in their districts if they did not go along with the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act.

The facts remain that the South was forever transformed for the better by the courage of LBJ and the northern and western portions of the Democratic Party that told the South, "you will change or you will die."

The Southern racists crumbled, almost all fleeing to the Republican Party.

Democrat operatives sure have a twisted view of history.

Forum List

Back