The real history of LBJ and Race, Goebbles would be proud

LBJ, like many Southerners, learned to change by the early 1950s. Check and see when he ended the race restriction covenant on his property deeds. Long before 1963, 4, 5. But I love guys like Ep above, because they make correcting them so easy.

Did you not trouble yourself to read LBJ's quote about the appointment of Thurgood Dumbass Marshall?

"As presidential historian Robert Dallek recounts, LBJ explained his decision to a staff member by saying, “"Son, when I appoint a ****** to the court, I want everyone to know he's a ******."

So where did the "I Dare you to back up those quotes, CF!" Brigade disappear to?

What a shocker, LBJ a racist.

What next, FDR sucked and oversaw one of the worst economies in human history?

Whoa! FDR was elected in the midst of a great depression?:eek:

Give us some mainstream credible historians and institutions instead of the loony bins where this information is reported.

The facts remain that JFK and LBJ were responsible for transforming civil rights in America, and the GOP senators and congressmen had to be threatened with losing all the pork in their districts if they did not go along with the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act.

The facts remain that the South was forever transformed for the better by the courage of LBJ and the northern and western portions of the Democratic Party that told the South, "you will change or you will die."

The Southern racists crumbled, almost all fleeing to the Republican Party.

Give us some mainstream credible historians and institutions instead of the loony bins where this information is reported.

The facts remain that JFK and LBJ were responsible for transforming civil rights in America, and the GOP senators and congressmen had to be threatened with losing all the pork in their districts if they did not go along with the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act.

The facts remain that the South was forever transformed for the better by the courage of LBJ and the northern and western portions of the Democratic Party that told the South, "you will change or you will die."

How about we look at the party platforms, that that parties themselves decided upon and supported?

Hint: It contradicts what you've been programmed with, Lefty Boi.

Fuck Off Poseur.

"Son, when I appoint a ****** to the court, I want everyone to know he's a ******." -- LBJ on his appointment of Thurgood Marshall

You're toast, fucker! You lost control of the media. I can find this shit and post it all day and night and I will and all you can do in response is complain.

I move that Gunny start a folder titled "Crusader Frank's Revisionist History" folder.

1) LBJ was a douchebag racist
2) McCarthy was a hero
3) FDR extended the Depression

What next, Hitler was a misunderstood politician?
Huey Long was a stand up guy who fought corruption?
Charles Manson was a great guitar player?

I move that Gunny start a folder titled "Crusader Frank's Revisionist History" folder.

2) McCarthy was a hero

LBJ was a racist "Son, when I appoint a ****** to the court, I want everyone to know he's a ******." -- LBJ on his appointment of Thurgood Marshall

McCarthy vastly understated the Communist infiltration at US State (that thread is coming back up after Labor Day so prepare to answer with something other than, "Wahhhh Wahhh CF is presenting facts that hurt my feelings")

Please feel fee to point out when the New Deal ended the Great Depression in the following data set:

US Unemployment 1933: 24.9, 1934: 21.7%, 1935: 20.1%, 1936: 16.9%, 1937: 14.3%, 1938: 19.0%, 1939: 17.2%. = 19.1% average.

Last edited:

2) McCarthy was a hero

LBJ was a racist "Son, when I appoint a ****** to the court, I want everyone to know he's a ******." -- LBJ on his appointment of Thurgood Marshall

McCarthy vastly understated the Communist infiltration at US State (that thread is coming back up after Labor Day so prepare to answer with something other than, "Wahhhh Wahhh CF is presenting facts that hurt my feelings")

Please feel fee to point out when the New Deal ended the Great Depression in the following data set:

US Unemployment 1933: 24.9, 1934: 21.7%, 1935: 20.1%, 1936: 16.9%, 1937: 14.3%, 1938: 19.0%, 1939: 17.2%. = 19.1% average.

So you think going from 24.9 percent to 14 percent unemployment over five year period was a bad thing?

Please provide a source for the ****** quote

How was it 'understated' - and it's not the fact that he went after communists, but how he did it.

I stand by my assertion of Gunny starting a new folder, although it might be retitled "How to Get Into La-la Land, by Crusader Frank."

Last edited:

2) McCarthy was a hero

So you think going from 24.9 percent to 14 percent unemployment over five year period was a bad thing?

Yes, it's awful, it's 2% a year for 5 years

How was it 'understated' - and it's not the fact that he went after communists, but how he did it.

I stand by my assertion of Gunny starting a new folder, although it might be retitled "How to Get Into La-la Land, by Crusader Frank."

FDR: Yes, it's awful it sucks. Run on a campaign, Give me 5 years and you'll have unemployment down to 15% see how far you get. Harding dropped unemployment from 12 down to 3 in under 2 years. FDR was an EPIC FAIL, dwarfing the 7 Biblical Lean Years

LBJ "Son, when I appoint a ****** to the court, I want everyone to know he's a ******." -- LBJ on his appointment of Thurgood Marshall

On the Way With L.B.J. - NYTimes.com

As I said, I'm bringing the McCarthy thread up after Labor Day so all the Progressives have a chance to study up of how his House UnAmerican Activities Committee Blacklisted Zero Mostel.

How is posting documented facts from books reviewed in the NY Times a "Conspiracy Theory"?

"His racial attitudes were mixed up beyond any possibility of our untangling them cleanly now: Mr. Dallek quotes him defending the Supreme Court appointment of the very well-known Thurgood Marshall, rather than a black judge less identified with the civil rights cause, by saying to a staff member, "Son, when I appoint a ****** to the court, I want everyone to know he's a ******."

LBJ appointed Marshall on June 13, 1967

What's "mixed up" about calling Thurgood Marshall a ******?

Isn't that clearly racist?

FDR: Yes, it's awful it sucks. Run on a campaign, Give me 5 years and you'll have unemployment down to 15% see how far you get. Harding dropped unemployment from 12 down to 3 in under 2 years. FDR was an EPIC FAIL, dwarfing the 7 Biblical Lean Years

LBJ "Son, when I appoint a ****** to the court, I want everyone to know he's a ******." -- LBJ on his appointment of Thurgood Marshall

As I said, I'm bringing the McCarthy thread up after Labor Day so all the Progressives have a chance to study up of how his House UnAmerican Activities Committee Blacklisted Zero Mostel.

1) I would say reducing the unemployment rate by 10 percent was pretty good.
2) Ah, so the NY Times quotes a biography, which quotes 'a staffer'...great research...:clap2::clap2::clap2:
3) He wasn't on the HUAC, but he sure as shit lied about people and put them under the microscope because he was a mean, vindictive arsehole...

2) McCarthy was a hero

1) I would say reducing the unemployment rate by 10 percent was pretty good.
2) Ah, so the NY Times quotes a biography, which quotes 'a staffer'...great research...:clap2::clap2::clap2:
3) He wasn't on the HUAC, but he sure as shit lied about people and put them under the microscope because he was a mean, vindictive arsehole...

This thread is about the racism of LBJ, there are 2 other threads dealing with the Epic Failure of FDR and McCarthy, feel free to bring up your "points" in the proper threads.

What did you want Dallek to do, dig up LBJ rotting corpse and ask if he said it? That's how research is done. Fire off a letter to Dallek and the NYTimes chastising them for their shoddy research and reviewership just because you still can't come to terms with the fact that LBJ was a racist

What did you want Dallek to do, dig up LBJ rotting corpse and ask if he said it? That's how research is done. Fire off a letter to Dallek and the NYTimes chastising them for their shoddy research and reviewership just because you still can't come to terms with the fact that LBJ was a racist

Dallek isn't the one quoting it as a fact to back up a point, you are. If you want to quote something as fact, and then called on it, don't blame me, live with it or find a better source.

President Lyndon Johnson using the "N" word. -

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1rIDmDWSms]YouTube - President Lyndon Johnson using the "N" word.[/ame]

Flat out bad research. No credible evidence exists that LBJ used the word, when without a doubt JFK and LBJ started and kept going the legislation, with the Dems forcing the GOP senators and reps to go along or get their pork cut, that led to the Civil Right Act and Voting Rights Act.

[ Thanks, to whomever, for placing this nonsense in the conspiracy section. ]

CrusaderFrank's primary goal in life is to take away from the good that some people accomplished. Were they perfect people probably not, actually definitely not, no one is perfect except me. ;)

I like Dwight D. Eisenhower and have been reading a great deal about his presidency and that period in American history. Race then was politically a hot potato, even FDR, with all his great support, feared consequences because the nation was not open to equality and politics requires margins. Witness only the present times.

For those interested in the real history, the links below are very good and the book superb.

================

"Separate drinking fountains for whites and blacks. "Colored balconies" in movie theaters. Seats in the back of the bus. Soldiers called out to protect little children who were trying to go to school.

It may be difficult to believe these were examples of conditions in America less than 60 years ago. The struggle to change these conditions, and to win equal protection under the law for citizens of all races, formed the backdrop of Martin Luther King’s short life.

The Civil Rights Movement and the escalating war in Vietnam were the two great catalysts for social protest in the sixties. Since the end of the Civil War many organizations had been created to promote the goals of racial justice and equality in America, but progress was painfully slow. It was not until the sixties that a hundred years of effort would begin to garner the attention necessary to force a modicum of change. There was little consensus on how to promote equality on a national levelÐgroups such as the NAACP, CORE, and Dr. Martin Luther King’s SCLC, endorsed peaceful methods and believed change could be affected by working around the established system; other groups such as the Black Panthers, the Nation of Islam, and the Black Nationalist Movement advocated retaliatory violence and a separation of the races." Civil Rights Timeline | Africana Online

Timelines below:

Civil Rights Movement Timeline — Infoplease.com

"Congress approves a watered-down voting rights act after a filibuster by Southern senators." CNN -The Civil Rights Movement

Details by year, this is an excellent historical review of civil rights.

Veterans of the Civil Rights Movement -- Timeline

Glory and the Dream by William Manchester (Used, New, Out-of-Print) - Alibris

"This is probably the best social history of the United States I have ever encountered. It begins with the radio listings for a typical evening in 1932, proceeds to the Bonus Marchers and through the Depression and the wars, hot and cold, until 1972, its time of composition."

I second above, and may post this as a thread in History/Education.

Forum List

Back