The Real Causes of Income Inequality

After reading and hearing so much whining lately coming from (what I assume are) ADULTS, I find myself wondering if we're maybe dealing with some kind of stooped that the world has never seen the likes of since the days of the Neanderthals.

To fix income inequity you're going to need to fix the neanderthals. Is that possible?

The economic reason is that excessive income inequality depresses consumer demand and leads to an underperforming economy.

So, what you're saying then is that it's the poor people's fault, because they won't be and act like the rich and spend more. Yes, I see now. But, how can we get them to stop being poor? Threaten and beat them until they want to be rich too? :razz:

excessive income inequality depresses consumer demand and... undermines public support for the nation's institutions...
i.e. "excessive" income inequality reflects (economic & political) "oppression" (which "suppresses" the economy, i.e. the "economic actors" comprising the economy & polity, & generates "Ill Will") ?

The real cause of income inequality is that people who lay on their ass taking dope and playing video games want to have an equal income to those who get out and hustle.

Right, obviously. Income inequality has increased so much since the 1960s because more video games have been put on the market. Why didn't I think of that?

No, it has increased because progressives have put it into your tiny head that you're entitled just because you exist.

The majority of progressives have ZERO work ethic.

This is why you need unions - to cover your lazy asses.

The economic reason is that excessive income inequality depresses consumer demand and leads to an underperforming economy.

So, what you're saying then is that it's the poor people's fault, because they won't be and act like the rich and spend more.

That's an interesting interpretation, to say the least. ;)

But, how can we get them to stop being poor? Threaten and beat them until they want to be rich too?

Oh, I suspect they want to be rich already, or at least want to not be poor anymore. Perhaps revising our economic policies so they have better opportunities to do that would make more sense than threatening and beating them. Just a thought, of course.

The real cause of income inequality is that people who lay on their ass taking dope and playing video games want to have an equal income to those who get out and hustle.

Right, obviously. Income inequality has increased so much since the 1960s because more video games have been put on the market. Why didn't I think of that?

No, it has increased because progressives have put it into your tiny head that you're entitled just because you exist.

The majority of progressives have ZERO work ethic.

This is why you need unions - to cover your lazy asses.

Ah, yes, lack of work ethic; that's why income inequality has gotten so much worse since the 1960s. That and video games. The decline in real wages, the loss of good manufacturing jobs, the increase in the unemployment rate even in times of growth, none of that can have anything to do with it. Working-class people can make the same amount of money as my father used to, if they would just work twice as long. Who needs leisure time? Hell, who needs sleep?

Close.

Liberals believe that the government has granted you the right to life, liberty, property and self-determination, at least as far as -they- are willing to allow these rights.

Liberals believe that if you do not have the means to exercise these rights, then you are entitled to have the necessary means provided to you - else your rights, which you would not otherwise be able to exercise, are meaningless.

Last edited:

Close.

Liberals believe that the government has granted you the right to life, liberty, property and self-determination, at least as far as -they- are willing to allow these rights.

Liberals believe that if you do not have the means to exercise these rights, then you are eltitled to have those means provided to you - else your rights, which you would not otherwise be able to exercise, are meaningless.

In other words? Enemies of liberty.
icon14.gif

Close.

Liberals believe that if you do not have the means to exercise these rights, then you are eltitled to have those means provided to you - else your rights, which you would not otherwise be able to exercise, are meaningless.

icon14.gif
Well, yeah - liberals support involuntary servitude. That's about as anti-liberty as it gets.

Close.

icon14.gif
Well, yeah - liberals support involuntary servitude. That's about as anti-liberty as it gets.

Not to mention all the unfunded mandates that have to be payed somehow...meaning future generations have been sold into slavery to pay off thier folly(ies).

Close.

Liberals believe that if you do not have the means to exercise these rights, then you are entitled to have the necessary means provided to you - else your rights, which you would not otherwise be able to exercise, are meaningless.
I love when conservatarians think they are smart enough to be able to tell other people how and what they think.

Lemme guess: You think liberalism is a mental disorder. amiright?

Oh, indeed. I said that to myself after someone pointed out that requiring doctors to treat patients that couldn't pay was "slavery." A little historical research informed me that prior to the 13th Amendment, all of the plantation slaved lived in big houses and drove expensive cars, and took vacations abroad.

Then I thought about what other connections I could make, picking superficial characteristics of one thing and turning them into defining ones, then finding other things that matched this superficial characteristic so I could say they were equivalent. It's a fun exercise!

Christianity = Nazism (both use crosses).

The U.S.A. = France (red, white, and blue flags)

Women = mops (both have long hair)

Chocolate = dog poo

One could keep this up all day.

Close.

I love when conservatarians think they are smart enough to be able to tell other people how and what they think.
Funny... I don't see you actually saing that I am wrong.
What part of my statement do you actually disagree with, and why?

Close.

Here, maybe this helps: You're wrong.

All of it. Because liberals don't believe governments grant self-determination or rights

All of it. Because liberals don't believe governments grant self-determination or rights
Really?
If not, then where do liberals believe rights come from?

And, what about:

Really?

And, what about:

The means is the Constitution that the Left wants to be gone...but circumvent in the meantime.

Really?

Well, liberals have different views on that. Some believe they come from a higher power. I believe they are inherent in life and don't need to "come from" anywhere outside ourselves.

And, what about:

It's pure poppycock, of course. As a civilized society we have made a choice to provide support for people who can not support themselves.

Forum List

Back