The Real Causes of Income Inequality

Here, maybe this helps: You're wrong.

All of it. Because liberals don't believe governments grant self-determination or rights
Really?
If not, then where do liberals believe rights come from?

Well, liberals have different views on that. Some believe they come from a higher power. I believe they are inherent in life and don't need to "come from" anywhere outside ourselves.
Do you concede that there are liberals who -do- belive that rights are granted by government?

And, what about:
Liberals believe that if you do not have the means to exercise these rights, then you are entitled to have the necessary means provided to you - else your rights, which you would not otherwise be able to exercise, are meaningless.
It's pure poppycock, of course.
Because...?

Do you concede that there are liberals who -do- belive that rights are granted by government?

I won't. I don't know of any liberals who believe that. In fact, it seems to me that it contradicts the very basics of liberalism.

The closest any will come to that (and I hold this view myself) is to say that rights come from the people, from collective values and beliefs. The government articulates those values and beliefs, and it protects rights. But it cannot arbitrarily choose what to recognize as a right and what not to, against the people's will, without putting itself in the wrong.

Really?
If not, then where do liberals believe rights come from?

Well, liberals have different views on that. Some believe they come from a higher power. I believe they are inherent in life and don't need to "come from" anywhere outside ourselves.

Not that i'm aware of. There might be a few. There are a few conservatives who think black people are an inferior mongrel race, but I don't make posts with sweeping claims about how all cons believe that. You already did.

And, what about:
Liberals believe that if you do not have the means to exercise these rights, then you are entitled to have the necessary means provided to you - else your rights, which you would not otherwise be able to exercise, are meaningless.
It's pure poppycock, of course.
Because...?[/QUOTE]

I already explained it - right there in my post. I can't be held accountable for your decision not to accept what i wrote.

Not that i'm aware of. There might be a few. There are a few conservatives who think black people are an inferior mongrel race, but I don't make posts with sweeping claims about how all cons believe that. You already did.
Did I say 'all liberals'?

I already explained it - right there in my post. I can't be held accountable for your decision not to accept what i wrote.
That's only an explanation if you then explain the reason for our society chosing to provide that support, and that reason differs from what I said.
:dunno:

I won't. I don't know of any liberals who believe that. In fact, it seems to me that it contradicts the very basics of liberalism.

The closest any will come to that (and I hold this view myself) is to say that rights come from the people, from collective values and beliefs. The government articulates those values and beliefs, and it protects rights. But it cannot arbitrarily choose what to recognize as a right and what not to, against the people's will, without putting itself in the wrong.

Patriot Act.

Patriot Act.

Perfect example.

The real cause of income inequality is that people who lay on their ass taking dope and playing video games want to have an equal income to those who get out and hustle.

Bulcrap. Our minimum wage has the least amount of spending power since it's inception. The lowest paid worker in the richest country in the world should get a living wage, not slave wages. And the lowest paid workers work the hardest, not the least.

You try washing out bedpans for a living and come back and tell me how easy that is...

Did I say 'all liberals'?
eh, you certainly didn't try to claim it was it was some. You said 'liberals' with no refinement. If its not all, how many did you have in mind?

That's only an explanation if you then explain the reason for our society chosing to provide that support, and that reason differs from what I said.
:dunno:[/QUOTE]
We chose to support those people because we are compassionate and not mongrel barbarians.

The lowest paid worker in the richest country in the world should get a living wage, not slave wages. And the lowest paid workers work the hardest, not the least.
Government Force "should" impose your perception of "ought", on millions of other humans, in your society?

and your "should" "ought" to be backed, by Government Force, because working "hard" "deserves", and is "entitled" to, higher pay? If so, perhaps high-skill, non-physical, jobs, e.g. computer technicians, "should" receive lower pay?

Prima facie, you are demanding, that your personal sense of "morality" "should" & "ought" to become State Religion, backed by Government Force (i.e. Threats to human life, limb, liberty, & property).

From a "libertarian" perspective, employer-employee social-and-economic transactions "should" be non-violent (i.e. no Threats of Government Force); and "ought" to be fair (i.e. mutually voluntary, the employer willingly paying, and the employee willingly being paid -- without unfair other-party social support, for one or the other, i.e. "bullying").

The lowest paid worker in the richest country in the world should get a living wage, not slave wages.

Funny how others believe they should have a say in other peoples affairs and negotiations. Nosy turds, mind your own business.

BTW, your proposal just put a bunch of babysitters out of work, won't be many couples going out for dinner and a show now that the sitter has become the major expense. :clap2:

Seriously, what is it with some yous humans? Stay the heck out of other peoples personal lives and affairs. Good gawd almighty, everyone wants to be a gawdamn mini-dictator dear leader over others these days. Sigh.

The decline in real wages, the loss of good manufacturing jobs, the increase in the unemployment rate even in times of growth
if so, then Demand for domestic Labor has declined, led by losses in manufacturing, as businesses have fled from the US, for foreign countries; ipso facto, foreign countries have lower total cost-of-doing-business, e.g. cost of Labor (wages), cost of Government Protection (taxes), cost of raw materials (shipping).

naively, Unions imposing "private minimum wages"; Public taxation of domestic businesses, and tariffs on foreign trade; all contribute to an un-competitive domestic business environment

As a civilized society we have made a choice to provide support for people who can not support themselves.

What's with this "we" bit? You best not be pretending to represent "ME" in that "we" you are apparently speaking on behalf of. I'd advise you to not include me in any of your "we" schemes. I am not part of anyone's definition of "we" any longer. The "we" have become parasitic and I'll have nothing to do with any of them and all that enslaving evilness. :tongue:

The lowest paid worker in the richest country in the world should get a living wage, not slave wages.

Funny how others believe they should have a say in other peoples affairs and negotiations. Nosy turds, mind your own business.

BTW, your proposal just put a bunch of babysitters out of work, won't be many couples going out for dinner and a show now that the sitter has become the major expense. :clap2:

Seriously, what is it with some yous humans? Stay the heck out of other peoples personal lives and affairs. Good gawd almighty, everyone wants to be a gawdamn mini-dictator dear leader over others these days. Sigh.

Some people are afflicted with self-loathing and therefore must inject temselves into others people's lives...and people that just want to be left alone to exercise thier Liberty...

NOPE...the Statist cannot have that. Liberty of the individual is forbidden in thier own pathetic worlds.

Many of these statistics are misleading

The reason some people have more money is far more simple then that, isn't it Red China? I mean Dragon. Some people are more intelligent, have more sense, work harder and invest in themselves (education, training, experience). It really is that simple, you can spin stats all day long.

Well, that depends on whether you are asking why some people have more money than others -- a simple yes/no on/off either/or binary -- or are, instead, asking why some people have SO MUCH more money than others.

Income inequality in this country doesn't just exist. It's grown vastly greater over the past 30 years or so. Differences in peoples abilities, on the other hand, have not increased over the same period. So no, some other explanation, something that's actually CHANGED and so could be causing this changed circumstance, must be the reason.

As wealth grows, income generated by that wealth grows. Consequently, wealthy people who properly manage their resources should be getting steadily wealthier, and their income should continue to grow. Labor on the other hand, grows very slowly, and reaches a peak, limiting the ability to grow income.

Very few people ever get rich working for someone else. A hard working and intelligent person can gain prosperity by putting their skills and knowledge to work. However, to reach real wealth, one has to put their money to work for them.

Very few people ever get rich working for someone else. A hard working and intelligent person can gain prosperity by putting their skills and knowledge to work. However, to reach real wealth, one has to put their money to work for them.
What an old fashion out of date prehistoric idea that is. :tongue: Racist too. :lol: Probably sexist also. :tongue: You must be an angry white guy to say something like that. :badgrin: You know, it's people like you that are the problem. :D You have something against the lazy and stoopid? T H A T S discriminatory! :cuckoo: . . . (LOL)

It really is that simple. If you make yourself valuable and desirable, they'll be lining up at your door. Despite the unemployment rate right now, believe it: We have a serious shortage of SMART in America. There are MANY opportunities right now but few taking advantage of them.

the real cause of income inequality....ambition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The real cause of inequity is indeed ambition...and proper use of liberty to live on'es life as every individual sees fit free of Government intrusion.

Not to mention the fact that the inflation tax represses real wages the further you go down the income ladder. The poor aren't on equal footing by virtue of the fact the FED pursues a pro inflationary monetary policy over the long-run.

The poor aren't on equal footing by virtue of the fact the FED pursues a pro inflationary monetary policy over the long-run.

Yeah, that really sucks right there. I've always had an issue with fiat money. The buying power of an hours wage earned 20 years ago should have the same buying power today if I choose to keep it in a jar that long. But it doesn't. I've been JACKED! Solution: convert to gold before placing in jar for a rainy day.

As a civilized society we have made a choice to provide support for people who can not support themselves.

What's with this "we" bit? You best not be pretending to represent "ME" in that "we" you are apparently speaking on behalf of. I'd advise you to not include me in any of your "we" schemes.
The we includes you. You live a representative democracy where those elected to do our bidding, at the elected will of the people, have decided to support those who can not support themselves.

If you'd prefer to let such people die in the street, move somewhere else where your voice is the majority. Until then, welcome to the collective "we".

The "we" have become parasitic and I'll have nothing to do with any of them and all that enslaving evilness. :tongue:
SO which third world hellhole do you plan to move to?

Forum List

Back