The Ratings Are in for the Oscars—and They're Not Pretty

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
I’m shocked so many people don’t want to get lectured by a bunch of mega wealthy elites that they need to do with less in their lives for the good of the State and Mother Gia.

ABC's Oscar telecast reached all-time lows in the ratings, falling sharply from last year.

The three-hour-plus broadcast averaged about 23.6 million viewers and a 5.3 rating among adults 18-49, well below the 29.56 million and 7.7 for last year's awards — which aired two weeks later...

The Oscars join the Emmy Awards in suffering steep ratings declines. The September 2019 Emmy broadcast on Fox fell by 32 percent in viewers and 29 percent in adults 18-49 from the previous year. By comparison, the declines for January's Golden Globes (off by 4 percent in viewers and 10 percent in the 18-49 demo) and Grammys (down 6 percent in viewers, 4 percent in the demo) were fairly slight.

The premise is that a bunch of ill-educated lowlifes, that pretend for a living, have some sort of cosmic interpretation of the subtle nuances of international and domestic politics. Yeah..... no. Most of them should be cleaning shitters at a truck stop. And that is becoming more self-evident each year.

I’m shocked so many people don’t want to get lectured by a bunch of mega wealthy elites that they need to do with less in their lives for the good of the State and Mother Gia.

ABC's Oscar telecast reached all-time lows in the ratings, falling sharply from last year.

The three-hour-plus broadcast averaged about 23.6 million viewers and a 5.3 rating among adults 18-49, well below the 29.56 million and 7.7 for last year's awards — which aired two weeks later...

The Oscars join the Emmy Awards in suffering steep ratings declines. The September 2019 Emmy broadcast on Fox fell by 32 percent in viewers and 29 percent in adults 18-49 from the previous year. By comparison, the declines for January's Golden Globes (off by 4 percent in viewers and 10 percent in the 18-49 demo) and Grammys (down 6 percent in viewers, 4 percent in the demo) were fairly slight.

Isn't it cool how no one has to watch the Oscars?

I wasn't even aware that the Oscars was last night. Who watches that crap anyway?

Gotta love how these out of touch ding bats want accolades for wearing a 6 month “old” dress to an awards show and bragging about buying a coat on sale for “ climate change”. Like that is somehow impressive to the rest of the world that actually lives in reality.

F off Hollywood.

People used to tune in because movie actors understood that their job off screen was just to be glamorous so we could all have fantasies about them, but then they became celebrities instead of just movie stars and they started pasting selfies of themselves on social media and telling us about their real lives, and that made them boring and then they decided they would lecture us about politics and we saw they were also stupid and bigoted. That pretty much killed the magic. They are still fun to watch on the screen when they are pretending to be someone else, but not much fun to watch when they are being themselves.

Have not watched they for over twenty years. If the studio pays enough one of the chosen gets an Oscar. I would much rather give it to someone that actually deserves an award.
Actors are nothing but puppets. They repeat words written by someone else. They to things that someone else directs them to do. If things look like they may hurt a fingernail someone steps in and does it for them. They relax in nice trailers, they eat free food, they have people that wait on them hand and foot. Then they feel that they need to be praised.

Most are undereducated and it has been so long since they were anywhere near the real world they don't even remember what it was like.

When people don't see the films they're producing, they shouldn't expect people to watch the awards show for them.

After all, the "stars" are not what they used to be.

You know what I really enjoy in life?

I enjoy having super wealthy people, lecture me about how difficult life is, while giving out awards for movies that barely anyone, let alone myself, ever watched.

I mean, if I really want to define how to have a good time... that my friends, is how I would do it. That is endless entertainment, to have filthy rich people, pretend they understand oppression, and calling me terrible for not understanding the plight, that they with their limos and private yachts, know all too well.

I just noticed this

What in da ham sammich!
This will endear yas to the american people ....

calvin-and-hobbes-laugh-1.jpg
Oscars 2020: Everything inside the rumored $148G gift bags for nominees
Oscars 2020: Everything inside the rumored $148G gift bags for nominees
A lot of working families dont make that in a year ....ya know what they care about?ya know what the single working fucking mother busting her ass to put food on the table cares about ? The price of fucking gasoline !...derp

Eat bugs, give up your cars and plastic straws..... use the proper pronouns...or else! and let's give illegal aliens sanctuary, medical,housing,college,and plenty o food stamps..lets collapse the economy (even full of shit hick mobster and racketeer Killary said it)and bury the middle classes in taxes and regulations ...for the greater good.... top of the middle to friggin bottom ...the working poor? just grind them into dust

Workers of the world unite ! You monthly rations of 30 tabLets of advil have been approved illegals doubled to 60... white males are automatically penalized 25 tablets for never having a menstrual cycle ..
We value a fair and just society
Have you seen my 150 grand gift bag .....you rubes
Remember vote Democrat for the White House come nov

Whaddya mean ya like electricity?

Hollywood
The hero's of moronic progressives & tools of the friggin chicoms
Oy
Stage fuckin monkies and carnies with cameras and sound equipment
Thiers a reason all throughout history entertainers were considered lower than dirt and whore bags ....eh

With celebrities vying for who can best protest politics each year, people are getting tired of it.
If they would just get up on the stage and thank those who they felt helped them in the making of the film and then....walked off, I'd go back to watching the thing.

Forum List

Back