The Ratings Are in for the Oscars—and They're Not Pretty

I’m shocked so many people don’t want to get lectured by a bunch of mega wealthy elites that they need to do with less in their lives for the good of the State and Mother Gia.

ABC's Oscar telecast reached all-time lows in the ratings, falling sharply from last year.

The three-hour-plus broadcast averaged about 23.6 million viewers and a 5.3 rating among adults 18-49, well below the 29.56 million and 7.7 for last year's awards — which aired two weeks later...

The Oscars join the Emmy Awards in suffering steep ratings declines. The September 2019 Emmy broadcast on Fox fell by 32 percent in viewers and 29 percent in adults 18-49 from the previous year. By comparison, the declines for January's Golden Globes (off by 4 percent in viewers and 10 percent in the 18-49 demo) and Grammys (down 6 percent in viewers, 4 percent in the demo) were fairly slight.

Isn't it cool how no one has to watch the Oscars?
And hardly anyone did watch

I’m shocked so many people don’t want to get lectured by a bunch of mega wealthy elites that they need to do with less in their lives for the good of the State and Mother Gia.

ABC's Oscar telecast reached all-time lows in the ratings, falling sharply from last year.

The three-hour-plus broadcast averaged about 23.6 million viewers and a 5.3 rating among adults 18-49, well below the 29.56 million and 7.7 for last year's awards — which aired two weeks later...

The Oscars join the Emmy Awards in suffering steep ratings declines. The September 2019 Emmy broadcast on Fox fell by 32 percent in viewers and 29 percent in adults 18-49 from the previous year. By comparison, the declines for January's Golden Globes (off by 4 percent in viewers and 10 percent in the 18-49 demo) and Grammys (down 6 percent in viewers, 4 percent in the demo) were fairly slight.

You know what I really enjoy in life?

I enjoy having super wealthy people, lecture me about how difficult life is, while giving out awards for movies that barely anyone, let alone myself, ever watched.

I mean, if I really want to define how to have a good time... that my friends, is how I would do it. That is endless entertainment, to have filthy rich people, pretend they understand oppression, and calling me terrible for not understanding the plight, that they with their limos and private yachts, know all too well.
Yep...they whine about capitalism and the environment...then except free goodie bags worth upwards of 6 figures. Which include cruise’s.

Forum List

Back