The Ramifications of the Press in Collapse

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.

This could end up being one of the biggest examples of "be careful what you ask for" that we'll see in this country.

Our press is in collapse. The proliferation of "sources" calling themselves "news" and has so diluted the information landscape that we have pulled ourselves into two entirely separate informational universes.

Yes, one end of our political spectrum will cheer this. They will love this. Rather than fix our press, they are destroying it by diluting it, dividing into two competing realities. And I have no doubt that they haven't taken even one (1) moment to consider the ramifications of this. You repair, you evolve, you improve, you innovate; you don't destroy. A republic can't exist when it can't even agree on reality, if it can't make important decisions based on shared facts.

So I guess my question here is: What is your goal? What would you like to see? Or, perhaps more importantly, do you have a goal at all?

Let's see if we get any clear, thoughtful, direct answers. I would be pleasantly surprised.

This is not difficult Gigi, people stopped reading the press because they fed us one-sided political garbage swill.

Maybe they can learn to code. I really don't care.

True journalism is all but dead. You won't see any of it coming from Legacy media. And haven't for quite some time...

This could end up being one of the biggest examples of "be careful what you ask for" that we'll see in this country.

Our press is in collapse. The proliferation of "sources" calling themselves "news" and has so diluted the information landscape that we have pulled ourselves into two entirely separate informational universes.

Yes, one end of our political spectrum will cheer this. They will love this. Rather than fix our press, they are destroying it by diluting it, dividing into two competing realities. And I have no doubt that they haven't taken even one (1) moment to consider the ramifications of this. You repair, you evolve, you improve, you innovate; you don't destroy. A republic can't exist when it can't even agree on reality, if it can't make important decisions based on shared facts.

So I guess my question here is: What is your goal? What would you like to see? Or, perhaps more importantly, do you have a goal at all?

Let's see if we get any clear, thoughtful, direct answers. I would be pleasantly surprised.

The mainstream presses demise is a threat to our demockwacy!

Journalism, at least the kind that props up the regime and assists in the takedown of presidents who defy the regime, is on its deathbed. I love it. You love it. It's great to see.

However, the regime journalists are in panic mode. They see this as a threat to our democracy even though it's the exact opposite. Enter Taylor Lorenz, who is now relevant again only because of this hilarious video she recorded.

She's to stupid to realize she's just a frigging tool...no one trusts or believes them anymore

Another tick . Legacy Media dead and buried in 2024​

'The Entire Journalism Industry Is In Freefall': Taylor Lorenz Vlogs The Death Of MSM As BuzzFeed, Insider And Vice Jettison Assets

BY TYLER DURDEN
THURSDAY, JAN 25, 2024 - 05:00 PM

We live in a failed system Mac

If you agree to this , then the details are easier to see

~S~

The mainstream presses demise is a threat to our demockwacy!

Journalism, at least the kind that props up the regime and assists in the takedown of presidents who defy the regime, is on its deathbed. I love it. You love it. It's great to see.

However, the regime journalists are in panic mode. They see this as a threat to our democracy even though it's the exact opposite. Enter Taylor Lorenz, who is now relevant again only because of this hilarious video she recorded.

She's to stupid to realize she's just a frigging tool...no one trusts or believes them anymore

Back in reality we have the mainstream media editorializing and playing favorites which skews their reporting to favor one side or the other. Then comes Trump who fights against this by telling complete lies and then calling the media liars when they fact check him. His supporters jump right on board with the lies and the disinformation spreads

There are plenty of issues with the MSM but there are also systems in place to set standards and properly source information. It’s not perfect but it’s the best we have and a world of a lot better than the nutball attention seekers lying their ways to “likes” on social media

The Maga force that is dishonestly engaging in the fight is only gas on the fire making the situation exponentially worse.

You act like you are helping the problem. No man. You’re burning it down with no idea of a solution to help the root problem. Soon we will be left standing in ash with nowhere to go.

Back in reality we have the mainstream media editorializing and playing favorites which skews their reporting to favor one side or the other. Then comes Trump who fights against this by telling complete lies and then calling the media liars when they fact check him. His supporters jump right on board with the lies and the disinformation spreads

There are plenty of issues with the MSM but there are also systems in place to set standards and properly source information. It’s not perfect but it’s the best we have and a world of a lot better than the nutball attention seekers lying their ways to “likes” on social media

The Maga force that is dishonestly engaging in the fight is only gas on the fire making the situation exponentially worse.

You act like you are helping the problem. No man. You’re burning it down with no idea of a solution to help the root problem. Soon we will be left standing in ash with nowhere to go.
Speak for yourself. The only ones left standing in ashes, with nowhere to go, will be the ones who failed to recognize the situation for what it actually is, therefore failed to prepare accordingly...

The underlying problem with the media is capitalism.
specifically, conflict between the market and constitutionality

Trump done it.

This is all Mac is looking for.

Anything else will lose his interst.
our media's demise goes back a ways Votto

Michael Powell's FCC chair deregulation was a huge blow to free speech, and then there was >>>

1706269273268.png

The man literally bought every podunk news outlet off with his 'journalism project'

~S~

Divide print, broad cast, and internet media news into two sections, news and commentary.

The news section is factual without opinion. Who, what, where, when, how.

The opinion portion is obviously opinionated and provides a why for the event.

Divide print, broad cast, and internet media news into two sections, news and commentary.

The news section is factual without opinion. Who, what, where, when, how.

The opinion portion is obviously opinionated and provides a why for the event.
I agree in principle, but we've reached a point at which we can't even agree on "facts".

I would suggest some kind of self-governing body (like FINRA in the financial sector), but that would be labeled "corrupt" before it even got off the ground.

This to me is a cultural issue, like most of our problems. And easily one of the most dangerous.

our media's demise goes back a ways Votto

~S~
The Elephant is

Deep State could not care less if the MSM is completely obliterated if they control the Internet with AI.

Then you simply ruin a small number of Alternative Media supremos -- say a couple of hundred , and you now really do control all information and the only reality is the one that you choose to allow .
And that is very close , possibly within two years

The Elephant is

Deep State could not care less if the MSM is completely obliterated if they control the Internet with AI.

Then you simply ruin a small number of Alternative Media supremos -- say a couple of hundred , and you now really do control all information and the only reality is the one that you choose to allow .
And that is very close , possibly within two years
media control is a symptom of fascism 'Lu

~S~

Only state-run media can save us!
I was waiting for a stupid idiot like you to challenge this simple and basic truth.

There was a time in this country when the news was a service, meaning it was not monetized.

During that time we actually got news, there were no clear motivations or biases other than perhaps national and cultural.

However, once the bright idea arose to make money from the news, now you have an audience.

An audience has a preference, when that audience doesn't get their preference, they get upset and turn away.

Then you have competition, that seeks that audience.

To seek that audience one has to do more and/or better to capture that audience.

Thus the news gets more filtered and more biased until it's no longer news, but simply infotainment and bias confirmation.

This is where we're at today and why the OP, and others, are complaining about the state of the media.

Capitalism brought us here.

Forum List

Back