The Radical Right

I know, I'm not sure how they arrived at their conclusion, but I'm just supposed to agree and then we can have a group hug. Silly, no discussion, no reason, just agree.

As soon as you want to partake in an actual discussion, Ill happily join you. As you have done nothing but troll and pat each other on the back for your unsubsantiated accusations that hasnt happened yet, has it?

There is no discussion. Just more flapping by the uninformed, and ignorant, left. Making weirdo accusations but refusing to provide any sort of evidence.

I guess you just *know* things are happening the way you *feel* they are happening. No reality needed.

No. The ONLY evidence in this entire thread was presented BY ME.

Now again, if any of you want to present opposing data to refute my assertion, feel free.

Otherwise, youve got nothing stacked on top of nothing to offer.

You don't know how to have a discussion, obviously. You make a ridiculous statement, refuse to provide any evidence that will support it, then scuttle off to the sidelines to jeer and point when people ask about it.

You're just an idiot, like the idiots who are egging you on in this thread. JS and Vidi are two of the most laughable trolls on the board. Even the die hard lefties think they're retarded.

Asked and answered. Present a counter argument or admit to being a troll.

What are you talking about now? What was asked and answered? Did she state the changes that have taken place that support her theory?

I heard this, in essence last night and it hit me like a ton of bricks. It sums up my feelings in the best possible way and apologies to Aaron Sorkin for paraphrasing:

The tea party isn't what it started out to be.It has been hijacked by the radical right wing extremists.

Back in 1968 when Davis and Hayden organized the SDS it was for the express purpose of stopping the Vietnam war. But it got co-opted by the likes of Jerry Rubin and Abby Hoffman and the yippies. The yippies, as it turned out were about flipping off the establishment, not trusting anybody over 30 and getting high. And that is how the left progressives were percieved for the next 40 years. Passing out daisys and smoking pot.

I understood the tea party in the beginning just as I understood the SDS. It was a grass roots middle class movement responding spontaineously to bad trends, a stagnent economy and sloppy government. But the radical right, in the form of the Koch brothers and other special interests moved in and polarized it into something that is now not only unrecognizable but ineffectual because they have lost their credibilty

The radical right has hi-jacked the republican party which in turn has enslaved the republican middle. with one possible exception. NOBODY would have run Abby Hoffman or Jerry Rubin for any office and no candidate would have sought their endorsement. Can you see Kennedy in a photo op with Bernadine Dorhn?

Hoffman and Rubin weren't democrats and neither are the Koch brothers republicans.

That's what I have so far, I'm still building on it.:D

Keep going, it's good fiction. ;)

What are you talking about now? What was asked and answered? Did she state the changes that have taken place that support her theory?

I did. Its in the thread. Why should she have to repost something thats already been posted?

Once again, I refer to the ego as a problem here. You are making demands instead of having a conversation.

Present your counter agrument WITH DATA to back it up, or admit that youre trolling.

Honestly, you can choose to make your point and move on, or stay and play he said, she said. Only thing this isn't the sand box, it's the litter box. That is not clay you are holding. :D

I heard this, in essence last night and it hit me like a ton of bricks. It sums up my feelings in the best possible way and apologies to Aaron Sorkin for paraphrasing:

The tea party isn't what it started out to be.It has been hijacked by the radical right wing extremists.

Back in 1968 when Davis and Hayden organized the SDS it was for the express purpose of stopping the Vietnam war. But it got co-opted by the likes of Jerry Rubin and Abby Hoffman and the yippies. The yippies, as it turned out were about flipping off the establishment, not trusting anybody over 30 and getting high. And that is how the left progressives were percieved for the next 40 years. Passing out daisys and smoking pot.

I understood the tea party in the beginning just as I understood the SDS. It was a grass roots middle class movement responding spontaineously to bad trends, a stagnent economy and sloppy government. But the radical right, in the form of the Koch brothers and other special interests moved in and polarized it into something that is now not only unrecognizable but ineffectual because they have lost their credibilty

The radical right has hi-jacked the republican party which in turn has enslaved the republican middle. with one possible exception. NOBODY would have run Abby Hoffman or Jerry Rubin for any office and no candidate would have sought their endorsement. Can you see Kennedy in a photo op with Bernadine Dorhn?

Hoffman and Rubin weren't democrats and neither are the Koch brothers republicans.

Those that do not care for American history, live by soundbites, and cute acronyms, liked "TEA". The small brains process slogans easier than actual thoughts.

Keep going, it's good fiction. ;)

I acknowledged that. but it went with what I was thinking all along.
:D

He did ask her to back up her bigoted opinions being presented as fact in the OP, which she has yet to and is unlikely to do.

But we're supposed to remain all nice and civil with bigots, right?

I know, I'm not sure how they arrived at their conclusion, but I'm just supposed to agree and then we can have a group hug. Silly, no discussion, no reason, just agree.

As soon as you want to partake in an actual discussion, Ill happily join you. As you have done nothing but troll and pat each other on the back for your unsubsantiated accusations that hasnt happened yet, has it?

You and your buds have done a great job of patting each other on the back, providing rhetoric and yet none have given one example of the extreme viewpoints that they all seem to have, what their extreme beliefs are. So I'm not sure how to discuss what I don't see. I have accused the OP of not backing up their idea and why they feel the way they do and all you have done is agree and tell them how right they are.

So I guess you have provided little to discuss, and the OP has provided less. Do you want people just to agree with you then have at it.

The evidence has been posted, will not be posted again, and if the far righty extremists can't or won't respond to it, who cares?

You and your buds have done a great job of patting each other on the back, providing rhetoric and yet none have given one example of the extreme viewpoints that they all seem to have, what their extreme beliefs are. So I'm not sure how to discuss what I don't see. I have accused the OP of not backing up their idea and why they feel the way they do and all you have done is agree and tell them how right they are.

So I guess you have provided little to discuss, and the OP has provided less. Do you want people just to agree with you then have at it.

Ive provided the ONLY links and evidence in this thread. Papa, you want to present some data refuting my data, Ill debate you all day long ( not on Sundays. I spend Sundays with the family. ) Feel free to post some data and lets go to town, man.

I left my last forum because it was all people nodding their heads at each other. Funny thing is I was considered one of the righties there... thats how left it was.

So I happily invite you to prove me wrong.

The teaparty is a bunch of disgruntled Dubya lovers and evangelical nutters.

But it didn't start out that way.

Sure it did. The very first speech and the very first national tea party convention was a racist, xenophobic rant from a racist, xenophobe, greeted by wild cheers.

And what polls show us about the ‘tea party’ is that they are a fringe group diametrically opposed to mainstream America. Among all Americans, George W. Bush has a 27/58 positive/negative favorable rating. Among the ‘tea party’ he's viewed favorably, 57/27. An almost perfect diametrical difference.

Ive provided the ONLY links and evidence in this thread. Papa, you want to present some data refuting my data, Ill debate you all day long ( not on Sundays. I spend Sundays with the family. ) Feel free to post some data and lets go to town, man.

I left my last forum because it was all people nodding their heads at each other. Funny thing is I was considered one of the righties there... thats how left it was.

Glad you spend one seventh of your life with your family, makes me look up to you more.

I found you links, I apologize for not seeing it before. I'm never claimed it was grass roots, I am not part of the tea party, I have been to more OWS events than tea party. I don't think that one meeting in Albany, Ny makes policy for a whole movement. Most the tea party people I know and from what I read, is they want less taxes, less spending and smaller government, I don't consider them extreme positions. To me the tea party is a loosely knit group of people, their lack of organization, like the OWS, male them pretty ineffective.

Even them reading out of Rules for Radicals, doesn't make one extreme. There are people that have linked Obama to the Rules for Radicals and I don't consider Obama extreme.

The teaparty is a bunch of disgruntled Dubya lovers and evangelical nutters.

But it didn't start out that way.

Sure it did. The very first speech and the very first national tea party convention was a racist, xenophobic rant from a racist, xenophobe, greeted by wild cheers.

And what polls show us about the ‘tea party’ is that they are a fringe group diametrically opposed to mainstream America. Among all Americans, George W. Bush has a 27/58 positive/negative favorable rating. Among the ‘tea party’ he's viewed favorably, 57/27. An almost perfect diametrical difference.

Links or we just go off of your word?

Glad you spend one seventh of your life with your family, makes me look up to you more.

I found you links, I apologize for not seeing it before. I'm never claimed it was grass roots, I am not part of the tea party, I have been to more OWS events than tea party. I don't think that one meeting in Albany, Ny makes policy for a whole movement. Most the tea party people I know and from what I read, is they want less taxes, less spending and smaller government, I don't consider them extreme positions. To me the tea party is a loosely knit group of people, their lack of organization, like the OWS, male them pretty ineffective.

Even them reading out of Rules for Radicals, doesn't make one extreme. There are people that have linked Obama to the Rules for Radicals and I don't consider Obama extreme.

Monday through Saturday, Im working. Right this minute Im at work. I do some paperwork, look at the forum. Input some numbers, look at the forum, check on my employees, look at the forum.

As I am my own boss, whos gonna yell at me?

My days begin every morning at 6am and I leave work at midnight ( though I do have a 45 minute communte between my businesses in the middle of that. Thats very loud music time ) Between my wife and I we make a tidy sum.

I think you missed the part where it says Dick Armey gives the Rules for Radicals to every head of a local Tea Party he meets. And As I stated, on a NATIONAL level, The Tea Party is just a front for FreedomWorks. Thats doesnt mean there arent some hard working grass roots people still out tehre trying to make a difference. Good for them too.

As far as Occupy, I can see their point, but theyve got to lose the artsy fartsy nutjobs and get a coherent message if theyre going to expect to have any real impact. As far as Im concerned they started off decent but failed to solidify into an actual movement like the Tea Party did. Maybe it was because Occupy wasnt co-opted, so I might be being unfair to them.

Last edited:

Monday through Saturday, Im working. Right this minute Im at work. I do some paperwork, look at the forum. Input some numbers, look at the forum, check on my employees, look at the forum.

As I am my own boss, whos gonna yell at me?

My days begin every morning at 6am and I leave work at midnight ( though I do have a 45 minute communte between my businesses in the middle of that. Thats very loud music time ) Between my wife and I we make a tidy sum.

I think you missed the part where it says Dick Armey gives the Rules for Radicals to every head of a local Tea Party he meets. And As I stated, on a NATIONAL level, The Tea Party is just a front for FreedomWorks. Thats doesnt mean there arent some hard working grass roots people still out tehre trying to make a difference. Good for them too.

As far as Occupy, I can see their point, but theyve got to lose the artsy fartsy nutjobs and get a coherent message if theyre going to expect to have any real impact. As far as Im concerned they started off decent but failed to solidify into an actual movement like the Tea Party did. Maybe it was because Occupy wasnt co-opted, so I might be being unfair to them.

And isn't that the strangest thing. The one thing a group needs to mature is sponsorship but that is also the very thing that can bring them down.

If I got nothing else out of this THAT was worth the trip.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back