The Question Obama will not answer

What pattern? The only pattern I see is Palin inciting hatred in the hope that she might get the ignorant to vote for McCain. If you are worried about patterns this is the one to be worried about. The question is, why aren't you? Chants of "kill him" really don't bother you?

It shows a pattern of Obama aligning himself with extremists. Rev Wright and Ayers to begin with. This matters to alot of people, just as teh photo of Kerry with Jane Fonda did in '04.

Disclaimer: I'm still on the fence in this election. I'm leaning back towrd McCain, but I could still vote for this guy, no matter his color, creed, personal relationships, or anything else.

Annenberg Challenge
In the 1990s, billionaire and former ambassador to the United Kingdom under President Richard Nixon, Walter Annenberg was the United States' most generous living philanthropist. By 1998, Annenberg had given away more than $2 billion and the assets of the Annenberg Foundation he had established in June 1989 with $1 billion had grown to $3 billion and ranked as the 12th largest in the U.S. Every weekday from May through November, Annenberg was driven from his home in Wynnewood, Pennsylvania to his Annenberg Foundation headquarters in St. Davids, Pennsylvania, where as its sole director, he reserved virtually every decision for himself when making grants.[2]

The three co-authors of Chicago's winning Annenberg Challenge $49.2 million grant proposal were:[18][19]

William Ayers, associate professor of education at the University of Illinois at Chicago; co-director of the Small Schools Workshop; co-director of the Chicago Forum for School Change—an affiliate of the Coalition of Essential Schools;[20] chairman of the Alliance for Better Chicago Schools (ABCs) coalition;[21][22] former Chicago assistant deputy mayor for education (1989–1990);[22] brother of John Ayers, executive director (1994–2004) of Leadership for Quality Education (an affiliate of the Civic Committee of the Commercial Club of Chicago) and former associate director (1987–1994) of the Civic Committee of the Commercial Club of Chicago; son of Thomas Ayers, former president (1964–1980), chairman and CEO (1973–1980) of Commonwealth Edison and former vice president (1980) of the Chicago School Board
Anne Hallett, executive director and founder of the Cross-City Campaign for Urban School Reform; former executive director of the Wieboldt Foundation (1986–1993); former executive director of the Citizens Education Center in Seattle (1983–1986); former executive director and founder of the Chicago Panel on School Policy (1982–1983); former chair, founder, and chief lobbyist for Citizens for Fair School Funding in Seattle (1976–1982)[21][23][24][25][26][27]
Warren Chapman, senior program officer for education at the Joyce Foundation; former state coordinator at the Illinois State Board of Education for the Illinois Alliance of Essential Schools—a regional center of the Coalition of Essential Schools (1986–1992)[28][29]
On December 17, 1993, Ayers, Hallet and Chapman met to discuss how to win an Annenberg Challenge grant for Chicago. Hallett and Chapman were already informal pro bono advisors to the national Annenberg Challenge, and over the course of the following year they met repeatedly at Brown University with other Annenberg advisors and worked to ensure that Chicago would be one of the first cities selected to receive a grant.[19]

In Chicago, Ayers, Hallett and Chapman gathered a 73-member Chicago School Reform Collaborative Working Group from organizations involved in school reform to help them draft a proposal, with Hallett's Cross-City Campaign for Urban School Reform donating its headquarters and providing staff support to the Working Group.[19] In June 1994, Ayers and Hallett submitted a draft proposal to Gregorian on behalf of the Working Group.[30]

The presidents of the three largest independent foundations active in Chicago school reform:[19][26]

Adele Smith Simmons, president of the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation (1989–1999); vice chair and senior executive of Chicago Metropolis 2020—a project of the Commercial Club of Chicago (1999– ); senior associate at the Center for International Studies at the University of Chicago (1999–2005); former president of Hampshire College (1977–1989); former assistant professor of East African history at Princeton University (1972–1977) and Tufts University (1969–1972); former dean of students at Princeton University (1972–1977); former dean of Jackson College for Women of Tufts University (1970–1972); Ph.D. 1969, University of Oxford; B.A. 1963, Radcliffe College[31]
Deborah Leff, president of the Joyce Foundation (1992–1999); president and CEO of America's Second Harvest (1999–2001); director of the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library (2001–2006); president of Public Welfare Foundation (2006– ); former senior producer at ABC News (1983–1989); former producer at WLS-TV ABC 7 News in Chicago (1981–1983); former director of public affairs at the Federal Trade Commission (1980–1981); former civil rights attorney at the U.S. Department of Justice (1977–1979); J.D. 1977, University of Chicago Law School; A.B. 1973, Princeton University[32]
Patricia Albjerg Graham, president of the Spencer Foundation (1991–2000); professor of the history of education (1977–2006) and former dean of the Harvard Graduate School of Education (1982–1991); former dean of the Radcliffe Institute (1974–1977) and vice president of Radcliffe College (1976–1977); former assistant professor (1965–1968), associate professor (1968–1972), professor (1972–1974) of the history of education at Barnard College and Teachers College, Columbia University; former assistant professor of the history of education at Indiana University (1964–1966); former high school teacher, Norfolk, Viriginia (1955–1956, 1957–1958), New York City (1958–1960); Ph.D. 1964, Columbia University; B.S. 1955, M.S. 1957, Purdue University[33]
supported the Working Group's proposal, helped negotiate its approval by Gregorian, agreed in advance to provide matching funds, and smoothed negotiations with Chicago Mayor Daley's administration, the Chicago Public Schools administration and the Chicago Teachers Union, which had each submitted competing Annenberg Challenge grant proposals.[19] In November 1994, Ayers and Hallett submitted a final proposal to Gregorian on behalf of the Working Group.[34]

On January 23, 1995, in a ceremony attended by Mayor Daley, Governor Edgar, and other dignitaries at Washington Irving Elementary School (where the 1988 School Reform Act had been signed), Walter Annenberg's daughter, Wallis Annenberg, presented a symbolic $49.2 million check from the Annenberg Foundation to 11-year-old Amanda Morado, who accepted it on behalf of the nearly 410,000 Chicago public school children.[11] The $49.2 million challenge grant over 5 years (a planned $3 million the first year, then $11.55 million per year for the next four years) was contingent on being matched 2-to-1 by $49.2 million in private donations and $49.2 million in public money.[19][35] In recognition of preexisting strong support by local foundations—which were already spending more than $12 million per year on Chicago school reform (including $4 million per year from the MacArthur Foundation and nearly $3 million per year from the Joyce Foundation)—the Annenberg Foundation agreed that the Chicago Annenberg Challenge could draw upon existing commitments as a source of matching funds.[19][35] The public match would come from public funds committed to implementation of the 1988 school reform law, including some of the $261 million per year state Chapter 1 antipoverty funds provided to Chicago public schools (an average of $500,000 per elementary school and an average of $800,000 per high school).[19][35]

Chicago Annenberg Challenge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You could post your opinions rather than just cut and paste. It would show that can actually think for yourself.

It shows a pattern of Obama aligning himself with extremists. Rev Wright and Ayers to begin with. This matters to alot of people, just as teh photo of Kerry with Jane Fonda did in '04.

Disclaimer: I'm still on the fence in this election. I'm leaning back towrd McCain, but I could still vote for this guy, no matter his color, creed, personal relationships, or anything else.

You are lying.

Obama served on a board of the Annenburg Challenge which was funded by a conservative Nixon Republican.

Chicago Annenberg Challenge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then explain the campaign dinner at Ayer's house.

Who cares?

The Republicans in EVERY campaign try to paint their opponents as unamerican. But the public is smarter this time. They see through the bullshit. Obama is the better candidate. He is younger, smarter, and more in command of the issues. He will be a great president in spite of the challenges ahead.

The pattern he is referring to involves Rev. wright and ayers. Two shady characters Obama has associated with. He was cagy about the Wright situation, as well. And Palin isn't running for president. I know it's an exercise in futility to tell you that.

So if McCain crocked Palin would resign? How on earth can you say she isn't running for president when her office is that of president in waiting? And are you suggesting that I vote for McCain because of Obama's past associations? If associations are so important no one should vote for McCain because his associated with Palin, right!

How about we vote for the person we think has the best policies. Isn't that what is really important?

Last edited:
Who cares?

The Republicans in EVERY campaign try to paint their opponents as unamerican. But the public is smarter this time. They see through the bullshit. Obama is the better candidate. He is younger, smarter, and more in command of the issues. He will be a great president in spite of the challenges ahead.

Don't dodge. You wanted to hijack then called me a liar. Answer the post.

So if McCain crocked Palin would resign? How on earth can you say she isn't running for president when her office is that of president in waiting? And are you suggesting that I vote for McCain because of Obama's past associations? If associations are so important why no one should vote for McCain because he associated with Palin, right!

How about we vote for the person we think has the best policies. Isn't that what is really important?

Yes, that is what is important. It simply is not pertinent to this discussion. You don't feel that Obama should at least be up front? As a Republican, I sure as hell feel McCain should be up front about everything. I guess I just hold my candidates to higher standard.

So if McCain crocked Palin would resign? How on earth can you say she isn't running for president when her office is that of president in waiting? And are you suggesting that I vote for McCain because of Obama's past associations? If associations are so important why no one should vote for McCain because he associated with Palin, right!

Are you comparing Sarah Palin to Reverand Wright or Ayers?

How can I say she isn't running for President? Because she isn't.

Yes, that is what is important. It simply is not pertinent to this discussion. You don't feel that Obama should at least be up front? As a Republican, I sure as hell feel McCain should be up front about everything. I guess I just hold my candidates to higher standard.

"Kill Him!" That is what is being shouted at Palin rallies. Do not stand there and say you hold your politicians to higher standards when what Palin represents is the lowest of all possible standards...or do you think that people who incite hatred are innocent of the hatred they incite?

"Kill Him!" That is what is being shouted at Palin rallies. Do not stand there and say you hold your politicians to higher standards when what Palin represents is the lowest of all possible standards...or do you think that people who incite hatred are innocent of the hatred they incite?

Palin is precisely the reason that I am considering voting for Obama. ;) I do hold my candidates to higher standard.

Is Jeremiah Wright innocent? You don't think he incites hatred? What has Palin done to encourage the "kill him" chants? Has she threatened to murder Obama or Biden? Obama encouraged Wright's hatred and racism by attending his church for 20 years and giving money to it.

Who cares?

He'll fall flat on his face. I kinda hope he does win, just so we can prove that point to you ignorant fucks like you.

Forum List

Back