The Purpose of Government is Freedom

ihopehefails

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2009
Thats it. It doesn't exist for jobs, economy, health care, and etc. It just exist for the protection of the individual's freedom. All government policy should be weighed by what provides the most freedom for the individual.

Thats it. It doesn't exist for jobs, economy, health care, and etc. It just exist for the protection of the individual's freedom. All government policy should be weighed by what provides the most freedom for the individual.

Wrong, A Government exists to control the citizenry, depending on the type of Government determines the base level of that Control. A Government PROTECTS citizenry by restricting citizenry. Laws are a restriction on your ultimate freedom.

• Banned

Wrong, A Government exists to control the citizenry, depending on the type of Government determines the base level of that Control. A Government PROTECTS citizenry by restricting citizenry. Laws are a restriction on your ultimate freedom.

I know what you are saying but some people like to restrict the freedom of others such as theft. Theft is an involuntary act between two individuals where the freedom of one person is being denied to them by another as in the freedom to say "hay get the hell out of my car!" and have that command honored by the theif. A government that protects freedom protects that person's freedom over their own property thus uses its restrictive powers to stop others from removing the freedom of others.

It exists for a couple of other things, but you aren't far off. :thup:

Preamble of the US Constitution said:
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence,[1] promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

I know what you are saying but some people like to restrict the freedom of others such as theft. Theft is an involuntary act between two individuals where the freedom of one person is being denied to them by another as in the freedom to say "hay get the hell out of my car!" and have that command honored by the theif. A government that protects freedom protects that person's freedom over their own property thus uses its restrictive powers to stop others from removing the freedom of others.

True freedom is anarchy. And it is very violent and messy except in very small communities. Governments are a CONTROL. They exist to RESTRICT freedom. How much and what kind is determined by the type of Government.

• Banned

It exists fro a couple of other things, but you aren't far off. :thup:

Preamble of the US Constitution said:
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence,[1] promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

I actually think that when you protect the freedom of everyone then most other things come about quite naturally such as involuntary life removal. Clearly someone's freedom to murder begins to trample the freedom of someone to decide if they want to live. When you enforce this equally on everyone it makes the government deny the freedom of the murderer and protect the freedom of the victim to live. Security becomes the byproduct of enforcing someone's will to live.

• Banned

True freedom is anarchy. And it is very violent and messy except in very small communities. Governments are a CONTROL. They exist to RESTRICT freedom. How much and what kind is determined by the type of Government.

Do you really live in freedom in anarchy? Eventually some thug decides what you will do because he has more thug than you. He then takes your home and possessions. A government can come in and enforce your free will by denying his thugs the right to beat the tar out of you.

Sure you aren't a liberal? :eusa_eh:

He doesn't know what the fuck he is.

I know exactly what I am. Pretending that Government is not a control on society is fools errand. Its entire purpose for existing is to limit and restrict. Some forms of Government do this in the least intrusive manner they can, some do not.

Governments are a necessary evil. Mankind is not known for getting along with itself without constraints and restrictions.

Sure you aren't a liberal? :eusa_eh:

He doesn't know what the fuck he is.

I know exactly what I am. Pretending that Government is not a control on society is fools errand. Its entire purpose for existing is to limit and restrict. Some forms of Government do this in the least intrusive manner they can, some do not.

Governments are a necessary evil. Mankind is not known for getting along with itself without constraints and restrictions.

I agree with this because govt is a necessary evil that will always exist due to man's own wickedness but the least intrusive government would be one that protects the already existing natural freedom of everyone. This way it protects me from being any involuntary acts that another can do to me without actually restricting me and my own actions that might affect the freedom of others.

Government may be instituted to protect freedom, but it has never lived up to this goal. The inherent goal of government is to increase its own power, and it does not allow the freedoms of the people to get in its way.

De jure government isn't a "control on society".....It's a framework of recompense against the antisocial.

Good people need no control.

Name a type of Government that does not create LAWS. Laws are restrictions on what you can legally do.

Laws such as anti-drug laws are certainly restrictions on freedom, but laws such as anti-theft laws or laws against murder are not.

De jure government isn't a "control on society".....It's a framework of recompense against the antisocial.

Name a type of Government that does not create LAWS. Laws are restrictions on what you can legally do.

Laws such as anti-drug laws are certainly restrictions on freedom, but laws such as anti-theft laws or laws against murder are not.

In your opinion. Ask OJ and he would tell you different.

Laws which seek to restrict the actions of otherwise peaceful and nonviolent people are, as a matter of course, unjust and unworthy of the mantle of "American".

Deal with it.

In your opinion. Ask OJ and he would tell you different.
Red herring.

O.J was acquitted by jury that was basically rigged by the judicial oligarchy.

Forum List

Back