The Profumo Affair

fncceo

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2016
The recent events with the scandal and alleged suicide of Jeffrey Epstein prompted me to go back and reacquaint myself with the Profumo Affair. A case with many parallels to the Epstein case.

In 1963, a British Conservative politician and Secretary of War, John Profumo, resigned over a scandal with a young woman who turned out to be a Russian spy (at the height of the Cold War).

It turned out that his affair, and many others was orchestrated by Stephen Ward, a British Chiropractor and amateur artist. In the subsequent investigation and trial it turned out that Ward had furnished quite a few assignations between young girls and high ranking members of Parliament and, it is rumored, the Royal Family as well.

Ward was friend and confidant of many influential people, Soviet and British, and had quite the reputation for giving parties where the elite gathered away from the eyes of the press.

During his trial, Ward committed suicide under suspicious circumstances.

Stephen_Ward.jpg

Kinda like Epstein. The guys with the info commit suicide?? I very much doubt that. Of course you need proof. Proof which will never be found.

I remember the case you speak of. What a scandal.

Forum List

Back