The pound is dropping, the pound has lost 6 cents in the last few hours

Referendum of the United Kingdom's membership of the European Union
Last updated Jun 23 at 10:07 PM
Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?
29.6% Reporting
Votes
Remain a member of the European Union
49.9%
Leave the European Union
50.1%

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?
29.6% Reporting
Votes
49.9%
Leave the European Union
50.1%

"Remain a member of the European Union
49.9%
Leave the European Union
50.1%
4,131,897"

That was hours ago, Leave are nearly 500,000 votes ahead now.

29.6% Reporting
Votes
49.9%
Leave the European Union
50.1%

"Remain a member of the European Union
49.9%
Leave the European Union
50.1%
4,131,897"

That was hours ago, Leave are nearly 500,000 votes ahead now.

I saw things only about England, and England is the most willing to leave.

Leave camp leads in early UK referendum results, but polls indicate Remain

"
Leave camp leads in early UK referendum results, but polls indicate Remain"

Forecast Suggests UK Heading For Brexit

"
Forecast Suggests UK Heading For Brexit"

GOLD jumps up $42 on GOOD NEWS!

Last updated Jun 23 at 11:27 PM
65.4% Reporting
Votes
48.9%
Leave the European Union
51.1%

Its a hysterical reaction to nothing. If England does leave the markets will end up higher.

Im glad if the EU breaks up but i dont see what the big deal is. A few oligarchs will lose some power but everyone else will end up better off.

If you have a 401k, get ready for a kick in the balls.

Not necessarily - in a "risk off" environment US equities could see a big spike upwards.

Maybe, not if this is the first domino and your mattress compares nicely to the market. Also, most people don't know what their 401k is invested in.

401K money is generally speaking, long term money.

In 10 years will what happens over the next few days or weeks matter?

if you think so, adjust your asset mix to match your risk tolerance.

Meanwhile, keep adding more $$$$$ every month!

:thup:

Not necessarily - in a "risk off" environment US equities could see a big spike upwards.

Maybe, not if this is the first domino and your mattress compares nicely to the market. Also, most people don't know what their 401k is invested in.

Not if you're retiring within 5 years, I'm not sure how much of this is absorbed or how much wealth ultimately is lost. We shall find out, I suppose the market has plenty of time to recover in the next decade, just about when the U.K. will actually be free of the E.U.

Not if you're retiring within 5 years, I'm not sure how much of this is absorbed or how much wealth ultimately is lost. We shall find out, I suppose the market has plenty of time to recover in the next decade, just about when the U.K. will actually be free of the E.U.

If you are retiring in 5 years, you should not have more than 30-40% in equities.

If you are retiring in 5 years, you should not have more than 30-40% in equities.

Retirement isn't always panned and not always a choice, 30-40% of savings is huge, something many can't recover from.

If the UK falls into a recession, that has a direct effect on the global economy, if say Northern iIreland and Scotland tell the UK to go F itself and decide to stay in the union and if France and Germany then also decide to leave, I could see the potential for a good sized global recession.A lot of uncertainty keeps money in peoples' pockets.

We'll see what happens,

I'm thinking 1 of my 401k's is taking a big hit cuz a third of it was invested in Britain's economy, which was rockin'.....

oh well.... :(

Forum List

Back