The pound is dropping, the pound has lost 6 cents in the last few hours

I don't think the Brexit supporters figured that out before voting.
They didn't bother to figure it out because the establishment supported staying in the EU. It's like the Trump support. People that are sick of what they see on the evening news want to give the establishment, which they consider responsible a big "Fuck you". And what better way to do that, than to vote for candidates or policies that the establishment considers totally insane.

We live in interring times.

For the next few months or longer "Brexit " will be blamed for any bad news.

Another Islamic Terror attack? Brexit!
Stock markets crash? Brexit!
Stock markets rise? Brexit!
Gold goes up? Brexit!
Gold goes down? Brexit!
Oil Goes up? Brexit!
Oil goes down? Brexit!
Indigestion? Brexit!
Irritable bowels? Brexit!
Fecal incontinence? Brexit!!

BREXIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's all so predictable.......:rofl:

Obama couldn't be more happy ...or relieved. At last something ELSE to take the blame for every hangnail you get and parking lot cart ding on your smart car.

Let's try which continent you come from, or Is that too personal too? Lol.
Stop being silly. Saying which country you live in isnt personal and the fact you refuse to say is very strange indeed. What are you so afraid of? You're too cowardly to withstand the odd poster who might rib you for being from x y z country? Man up ffs!

First I get told I'm a female, then I get told to man up.

All the while I'm subject to typical bully tactics.

I'll tell you, people who follow their own mind are a lot stronger than the weak person you want me to be.
And now you are sounding like a professional victim. 'Man up' is just a phrase one uses to wusses of either sex. Why are you so afraid of a potential ribbing about which country you live in? Why don't you feel capable of withstanding that? Why are you even posting on a message board if someone deriding your country is so threatening to you that you cower in fear over disclosing such basic info, Fragilewierdo?

Quite simply put, if I wanted to go on a website and talk about nonsense all day, and just bully people and all of that, I'd go find a website that is for that.

Actually what I come on here for is to debate politics.

So that's what I do. You want to try talking bullshit, go find other losers who are interested in that.

Also, people who put "funny" for every post they don't agree with...... well.... let's just say you should grow the fuck up.

Bye.

What you appear to do, may be one thing. The totality of what you're actually doing may be far 'greater'. That's the point.

If you argued the pro-EU case (such as it was) because you perceived great harm to the UK, yet wanted to argue the opposite ... then you did more than you profess. You followed an agenda. I've tried to ask about that agenda, and whether your nationality would have relevance to your efforts. You have been extremely guarded (an understatement) about releasing information of that kind.

We have to wonder why, and in the absence of clarification, draw conclusions. You could clear this up. Strangely (and unconvincingly so) .. you've argued to not do so. This may be your choice, and your right to make such a choice. But the question remains: WHY ?

It might be. It might not be.

Then again I'm on a political forum speaking to a few people. Chances of me being an agent provocateur aren't very high, are they?

Fine, I followed an agenda. You don't need to know why. Maybe it was just that I'm interested in politics and look at things. Maybe I'm Boris Johnson, you'll never know. This thread isn't about me, it's about the TOPIC.

You can wonder why, people pay good money for wondering why in cinemas, and I'm giving it to you free, aren't you lucky.

I did clear this up. I don't give personal information on the internet because I have come across too many idiots who like to attack me with any and all information. I don't come on here to be attacked, i come on here to debate. But then I've told you this how many times? Do I need to keep repeating myself?

Until you make sense ... yes, maybe so ...

You now admit you followed an agenda .. one you refuse to be candid about. And, if it was a knowingly hostile one ?? You refuse to explain whether it was. But then, if it WAS that, of course, you'd not admit it was ....so ....

With the UK exit from the EU, there's good reason for many Financial Services European headquarters to moving to an EU country. Locating your European headquarters in London makes about as much sense as locating your US headquarters in the Cayman Islands.

Might not hurt to learn a little about The Cayman Islands business practices and tax regimen.

With the UK exit from the EU, there's good reason for many Financial Services European headquarters to moving to an EU country. Locating your European headquarters in London makes about as much sense as locating your US headquarters in the Cayman Islands.

Might not hurt to learn a little about The Cayman Islands business practices and tax regimen.
My point is you locate regional headquarters in an area where you have the most unfettered access to your customers, suppliers and facilities. For many companies, that will no longer be Briton.

First I get told I'm a female, then I get told to man up.

All the while I'm subject to typical bully tactics.

I'll tell you, people who follow their own mind are a lot stronger than the weak person you want me to be.
And now you are sounding like a professional victim. 'Man up' is just a phrase one uses to wusses of either sex. Why are you so afraid of a potential ribbing about which country you live in? Why don't you feel capable of withstanding that? Why are you even posting on a message board if someone deriding your country is so threatening to you that you cower in fear over disclosing such basic info, Fragilewierdo?

Quite simply put, if I wanted to go on a website and talk about nonsense all day, and just bully people and all of that, I'd go find a website that is for that.

Actually what I come on here for is to debate politics.

So that's what I do. You want to try talking bullshit, go find other losers who are interested in that.

Also, people who put "funny" for every post they don't agree with...... well.... let's just say you should grow the fuck up.

Bye.

What you appear to do, may be one thing. The totality of what you're actually doing may be far 'greater'. That's the point.

If you argued the pro-EU case (such as it was) because you perceived great harm to the UK, yet wanted to argue the opposite ... then you did more than you profess. You followed an agenda. I've tried to ask about that agenda, and whether your nationality would have relevance to your efforts. You have been extremely guarded (an understatement) about releasing information of that kind.

We have to wonder why, and in the absence of clarification, draw conclusions. You could clear this up. Strangely (and unconvincingly so) .. you've argued to not do so. This may be your choice, and your right to make such a choice. But the question remains: WHY ?

It might be. It might not be.

Then again I'm on a political forum speaking to a few people. Chances of me being an agent provocateur aren't very high, are they?

Fine, I followed an agenda. You don't need to know why. Maybe it was just that I'm interested in politics and look at things. Maybe I'm Boris Johnson, you'll never know. This thread isn't about me, it's about the TOPIC.

You can wonder why, people pay good money for wondering why in cinemas, and I'm giving it to you free, aren't you lucky.

I did clear this up. I don't give personal information on the internet because I have come across too many idiots who like to attack me with any and all information. I don't come on here to be attacked, i come on here to debate. But then I've told you this how many times? Do I need to keep repeating myself?

Until you make sense ... yes, maybe so ...

You now admit you followed an agenda .. one you refuse to be candid about. And, if it was a knowingly hostile one ?? You refuse to explain whether it was. But then, if it WAS that, of course, you'd not admit it was ....so ....

Fucking hell dude, you're like a broken record. Why don't you go start a thread about me instead of wasting time talking about me on one that has nothing to do with me?

Brexit was all about nationalism, soundbites and a lack of reality, and you spend half your time trying to deal with non-issues, a coincidence? I think not.

Nial Lafarge was on TV saying that the 8% decline in sterling over two days had nothing to do with Brexit, and the media had to stop scare-mongering!

lol

He's either an idiot or a liar!

For a lot of people involved in financial markets, voting for Brexit just seemed like insanity, like mass suicide,” said George Loewenstein, one of the founders of the field of behavioral economics and a professor at Carnegie Mellon University. “They simply couldn’t or were unable to take the perspective of the people who supported Brexit.”​

In Brexit Trading, Machine Beats Man

I see that the markets are steadying. What we've seen very recently is beginning to prove to be 'the jitters', caused by uncertainty. Those jitters are showing signs of ending, and some much-needed balance is returning, just as it was always bound to ....

Some exit results are coming in from England, (which is the most anti-EU) and it's causing the pound to drop massively. Buy now and hope remain wins then you could make some serious money. If Leave wins you'll lose even more.

The Brits are going to have to have very cheap holidays this year.

Sterling's 'Most Volatile Day' In Modern History Video

Other way round as it will make British goods cheaper abroad, so more will be sold and Britains economy will grow on the back of this.

Some exit results are coming in from England, (which is the most anti-EU) and it's causing the pound to drop massively. Buy now and hope remain wins then you could make some serious money. If Leave wins you'll lose even more.

Other way round as it will make British goods cheaper abroad, so more will be sold and Britains economy will grow on the back of this.
And the cost of most goods will rise because the UK import 40% more than they export. Exports will rise providing they have someone to sell their goods. Without the EU, the UK will have no trade agreements with most of their trading partners.

Banks have already begun to take action to shift operations out of the UK, but most of their staff will have to wait several months to find out how many thousands of them will be asked to move to fledgling financial hotspots like Paris, Dublin and Frankfurt.

The big US banks such as JPMorgan, Chase, Goldman Sacks, Bank of America, Citigroup, and Morgan Stanle have large operations employing tens of thousands of people in the UK. They have historically set up their regulated businesses in Britain and then used its right to “passport” into the rest of the 28-member bloc. Without free access to the EU where most of their customers are, it makes little sense to remain in the UK.

Sterling drops below $1.30.

... and it can't, and won't, recover ? Really ?

It can, chances of it doing so (recovering to where it was the day before the vote) in the next five years is slim. The next two it could keep dropping. It might go up if Teresa May becomes leader, it'll go down if Incompetence Gove becomes leader or that other woman.

And the cost of most goods will rise because the UK import 40% more than they export. Exports will rise providing they have someone to sell their goods. Without the EU, the UK will have no trade agreements with most of their trading partners.

Banks have already begun to take action to shift operations out of the UK, but most of their staff will have to wait several months to find out how many thousands of them will be asked to move to fledgling financial hotspots like Paris, Dublin and Frankfurt.

The big US banks such as JPMorgan, Chase, Goldman Sacks, Bank of America, Citigroup, and Morgan Stanle have large operations employing tens of thousands of people in the UK. They have historically set up their regulated businesses in Britain and then used its right to “passport” into the rest of the 28-member bloc. Without free access to the EU where most of their customers are, it makes little sense to remain in the UK.

Again proving that leaving the EU was the right thing to do as they tied our hands on who we could trade with.

Again watertight contracts that could see these banks having to pay massive amounts of compensation for failure to comply with finance rules and laws. Many will have taken advantge of the start up packages with clauses meaning they cant just close down without going bankrupt and paying out cash to the employees.

You do realise that the EU blocked them from doing this and they still stayed in the UK because of the skills of the people here, and the strict controls on finance.

Again proving that leaving the EU was the right thing to do as they tied our hands on who we could trade with.

Again watertight contracts that could see these banks having to pay massive amounts of compensation for failure to comply with finance rules and laws. Many will have taken advantge of the start up packages with clauses meaning they cant just close down without going bankrupt and paying out cash to the employees.

You do realise that the EU blocked them from doing this and they still stayed in the UK because of the skills of the people here, and the strict controls on finance.
EU member states have bilateral trade agreements with other countries outside the EU. In fact, there is a UK US bilateral treaty in effect now.

EU member states have bilateral trade agreements with other countries outside the EU. In fact, there is a UK US bilateral treaty in effect now.

Only after the Eurocrats picked the bones out of the deal to see if it would harm the productivity of any other member state. Why should the other 27 nations be allowed to veto a trade deal done by the 1 member state that benefits its people. Sounds just like Soviet Russia and its Tufta economy, 2 production lines producing nuts and bolts that dont match but hit the targets every day. The UK was blocked from making any trade deals because the EU did not want to be seen trading with certain nations. Now we are free to make deals with anyone, andf if the EU wants to trade it can join the queue like everyone else.

Lets see how things work out now that the rot is starting to show, and the bigger sates are falling apart.

Forum List

Back