The Poll Tax...What You Never Learned...

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
...in Democrat controlled government school

On this day, January 23rd,1964
The 24th Amendment ratified, banning a poll tax in federal elections.

A full century after the Civil War, the residue of slavery, segregation, and second class citizenship was alive and well.

1. "Not long ago, citizens in some states had to pay a fee to vote in a national election. This fee was called a poll tax. On January 23, 1964, the United States ratified the 24th Amendment to the Constitution, prohibiting any poll tax in elections for federal officials."
The 24th Amendment Ended the Poll Tax - America's Library
www.americaslibrary.gov/jb/modern/jb_modern_polltax_1.html

2. "In U.S. practice, a poll tax was used as a de facto or implicit pre-condition of the exercise of the ability to vote. This tax emerged in some states of the United States in the late 19th century as part of the Jim Crow laws. After the ability to vote was extended to all races by the enactment of the Fifteenth Amendment, many Southern states enacted poll tax laws which often included a grandfather clause that allowed any adult male whose father or grandfather had voted in a specific year prior to the abolition of slavery to vote without paying the tax. These laws achieved the desired effect of disfranchising African-American and Native American voters as well as poor whites who immigrated after the year specified."
This Day in History… January 23 — 24th Amendment Ratified: No Poll Tax - Prof. Boerner's Explorations

3. The Poll Tax was created, and enforced, by the same party that brought you the KKK.
That would be the Democrat Party.

4. "In 1964, the 24th Amendment was added to the Constitution, abolishing the poll tax. Significantly, on five previous occasions the House passed a ban on the poll tax but Senate Democrats had killed the bills each time. [137] As early as 1949 (as part of Truman’s proposed civil rights package), Democratic Sen. Spessard Holland (FL) introduced a constitutional amendment to end poll taxes, but it was 1962 before it was approved by the Senate. [138] Significantly, 91 percent of the Republicans in Congress voted to end the poll tax but only 71 percent of the Democrats did so; and in the Senate, of the 16 Senators who opposed the 24th Amendment, 15 were Democrats. [139] (The 24th Amendment banned poll taxes only for federal elections; in 1966, the US Supreme Court struck down poll taxes for all elections, including local and State. [140])"
The History of Black Voting Rights [Great read!]
WallBuilders - Newsletters - Black History Issue 2003

5. "Another way Democrats could keep blacks from being elected ... antilynching laws, but Democrats successfully blocked every antilynching bill. ... a federal antilynching bill in Congress, but Democrats in the Senate killed it."
"Stealing the Minds of America: A Must for All Truth Seekers Who Vote,"
By Janice L. Ponds
https://books.google.com/books?id=I...enate blocked every anti lynching law&f=false

Just a little of the history that Democrat controlled government school seems unable to provide.

There is no "Democrat Party", closest match being "Democratic Party". So number one, learn how to read.

Numbers two and three, said Democratic Party "brought to you" neither poll taxes nor the KKK. The former was created by local state legislatures, not the party itself, had that been the case it would have been national; and the latter by six ex-Confederate soldiers (as an innocuous social club) who had no known political affiliations or activities at all.

Go ahead --- challenge me on that. I dare you.

There is no "Democrat Party", closest match being "Democratic Party". So number one, learn how to read.

Numbers two and three, said Democratic Party "brought to you" neither poll taxes nor the KKK. The former was created by local state legislatures, not the party itself, had that been the case it would have been national; and the latter by six ex-Confederate soldiers (as an innocuous social club) who had no known political affiliations or activities at all.

"There is no "Democrat Party", closest match being "Democratic Party". So number one, learn how to read."

The issue is the party that endorsed, maintained and lied about beating and hanging human beings....and all you can quibble about is the spelling of their name?

No wonder the party is on its deathbed.

Yet the the Democratic Party did not create the KKK in 1865...

Correct, and specifically they didn't create it on Christmas Day that year, and they didn't do it in the law office of Thomas Jones at 205 West Madison Street in Pulaski Tennessee.

Nor did they re-create the far-bigger one in 1915, and specifically they didn't re-create it on Thanksgiving Day on Stone Mountain Georgia, nor did they apply for and obtain a charter for it the following year.

However A Democrat (Gov. Arnall) did get that charter revoked. And another Democrat's (FDR) IRS bankrupted the organization and made it officially cease to exist.

Another Democrat (Walton) tried to drive the Klan out of Oklahoma and for his efforts got removed from office.
Another Democrat (Underwood) was the leading voice denouncing the Klan and drew its ire running for President.
Another Democrat (S. Kennedy) infiltrated the Klan, passed info to the FBI, wrote an exposé and worked with the writers of the "Superman" radio show to make a mockery of it.
Another Democrat (Long) publicly said if the Klan Kleagle came to Louisiana he'd be leaving "with his toes turned up".

So yeah there is a history.....

"There is no "Democrat Party", closest match being "Democratic Party". So number one, learn how to read."

The issue is the party that endorsed, maintained and lied about beating and hanging human beings....and all you can quibble about is the spelling of their name?

You don't dare challenge me, preferring to stop at "number one" (no Rump pun intended, it just ... well, leaked out).

Can't blame you. If I had served up a heaping round of bullshit I wouldn't want to see my historical-knowledge superior challenge me either. But then, that's why I don't do that.

Correct, and specifically they didn't create it on Christmas Day that year, and they didn't do it in the law office of Thomas Jones at 205 West Madison Street in Pulaski Tennessee.

Nor did they re-create the far-bigger one in 1915, and specifically they didn't re-create it on Thanksgiving Day on Stone Mountain Georgia, nor did they apply for and obtain a charter for it the following year.

However A Democrat (Gov. Arnall) did get that charter revoked. And another Democrat's (FDR) IRS bankrupted the organization and made it officially cease to exist.

Another Democrat (Walton) tried to drive the Klan out of Oklahoma and for his efforts got removed from office.
Another Democrat (Underwood) was the leading voice denouncing the Klan and drew its ire running for President.
Another Democrat (S. Kennedy) infiltrated the Klan, passed info to the FBI, wrote an exposé and worked with the writers of the "Superman" radio show to make a mockery of it.
Another Democrat (Long) publicly said if the Klan Kleagle came to Louisiana he'd be leaving "with his toes turned up".

But,,
3. The Poll Tax was created, and enforced, by the same party that brought you the KKK.
That would be the Democrat Party.

It has a to be true and not a mistake, since Polivinylshick never makes a mistake or puts out false information...

The Democrat Party has always been the party of slavery, segregation, and second class citizenship.

Always.

To this very day.

1. Liberal historian Eric Foner writes that the Klan was “…a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party…” Foner, “Reconstruction: America’s Unfinished Revolution, 1863-1877,” p. 425

2 "The night riders move through the darkness, whit against the black road....they go about their business, their horsed draped, guns and bullwhips banging dully against saddles.

....this is the South Carolina of the 1870s, not of the turn of a new millennium, and the night riders are the terror of these times. they roam upcountry, visiting their version of justice on poor blacks and the Republicans that support them, refusing to bow to the requirements of the Fourteenth and Fifteenth Amendments."
From the novel "The White Road," by John Connolly

You don't dare challenge me, preferring to stop at "number one" (no Rump pun intended, it just ... well, leaked out).

Can't blame you. If I had served up a heaping round of bullshit I wouldn't want to see my historical-knowledge superior challenge me either. But then, that's why I don't do that.

Challenge what????

You're stupid, and anyone who reads your defense of the Democrats and the KKK will recognize that.

The vulgarity is a peek into the Liberal anger at being skewered.

The Democrat Party has always been the party of slavery, segregation, and second class citizenship.

Always.

To this very day.

1. Liberal historian Eric Foner writes that the Klan was “…a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party…” Foner, “Reconstruction: America’s Unfinished Revolution, 1863-1877,” p. 425

2 "The night riders move through the darkness, whit against the black road....they go about their business, their horsed draped, guns and bullwhips banging dully against saddles.

....this is the South Carolina of the 1870s, not of the turn of a new millennium, and the night riders are the terror of these times. they roam upcountry, visiting their version of justice on poor blacks and the Republicans that support them, refusing to bow to the requirements of the Fourteenth and Fifteenth Amendments."
From the novel "The White Road," by John Connolly

"Night riders" -- also called "slave patrols" or "regulators" --- had been doing that since 1704 .......... long long before there was a country, a Klan, or any political parties. 162 years later these elements simply infiltrated the Klan (and other similar groups of the time whether organized or ad hoc).

That would be that Klan founded Christmas 1865 by six young ex-soldiers, with no political affiliations, for no political purpose.

Moreover you're cherrypicking. What you left out is that these thug-vigilante elements that took over the Klan also attacked "carpetbaggers" and occupying union soldiers, as well as the occasional local philandering husband or debt deadbeat ......... none of which have jack squat to do with politics either.

Furthermore your ellipsis is dishonestly warping Eric Foner's text. I know the passage already. I guarantee you this is nowhere near my first day on this particular rodeo. What you deliberately edited out is Foner's phrase "in effect" ---- which handily severs your false association fallacy.

Sorry to burst your binary-bot bubble but the real world just doesn't work in the simplified children's coloring book level with which you've embarrassed yourself here.

OK I lied. I'm not at all 'sorry'.

KKK, slavery, segregation, second class citizenship, Bull Connor, George Wallace, Bill Clinton, you......

Democrats.

And, now another history lesson....and revelation about Democrats:

January 26, 1922:
House passes bill authored by U.S. Rep. Leonidas Dyer (R-MO) making lynching a federal crime; Senate Democrats block it with filibuster

119 Members voted AGAINST the Bill. OF THE 119, 103 were members of the Democratic Party
Civil Rights Racism: Democrats Controlled Everything But Would Not Pass Civil Rights! The History The Timeline of Democrat Racism

Democrats....blocked every anti-lynching bill, and .....the very same party....put a KKK official on the Supreme Court.

Democrats....elected a racist as President...
. "… President Bill Clinton argued that Colin Powell, promoted to brigadier general during Mr. Alexander’s tenure, was the product of an affirmative action program."
http://cdn.virtuallearningcourses.com/ivtcontent/images/edw12_ch05_e.pdf

The only thing Democrats have ever done for blacks is make a certain word starting with 'n' a no-no.

Last edited:
So why did the Democratic party ease most of those southern votes out of their party? That had to be a major decision to lose all those solid-south voters. Wonder where where most if those solid-south voters went?

So why did the Democratic party ease most of those southern votes out of their party? That had to be a major decision to lose all those solid-south voters. Wonder where where most if those solid-south voters went?

They didn't.

The victories by Republicans did.

1. Governor Clinton invited Orval Faubus to his inauguration and they exchanged an almost South American abrazo, embrace, http://www.booknotes.org/Watch/72551-1/Paul+Greenberg.aspx
    1. Clinton’s mentor was J. William Fulbright, a vehement foe of integration who had voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
    2. Governor Orval Faubus, progressive New Deal Democrat, blocked the schoolhouse door to the Little Rock Central High School with the state’s National Guard rather than allow nine black students to attend.
    3. There were plenty of southern integrationists. They were Republicans.1966- pro-integrationist Republican Winthrop Rockefeller won Arkansas, replacing Clinton-pal Orval Faubus.
    1. 1966 Republican Bo Calloway ran against Democrat Lester Maddox, who “gained national attention for refusing to serve blacks in his popular cafeteria near the Georgia Tech campus. Newsmen tipped off about the confrontation reported how restaurant patrons and employees wielded ax handles while Mr. Maddox waved a pistol. …” Lester Maddox Dies at 87; Segregationist Ex-Governor Leaves Complicated Legacy | HighBeam Business: Arrive Prepared
      1. Maddox was endorsed by Democrat Jimmy Carter in the above governor’s race. When the race was too close to call, the Democrat state legislature gave it to Maddox.

2. 1966- Republican Spiro Agnew ran against Democrat segregationists George Mahoney for governor of Maryland. Agnew enacted some of the first laws in the nation against race discrimination in public housing. “Agnew signed the state's first open-housing laws and succeeded in getting the repeal of an anti-miscegenation law.” Spiro Agnew - Wikipedia

DON'T YOU KNOW ANYTHING??????

Forum List

Back