The Politics of the "Abortion" Word Games

...you have to have general agreement that it's right.

Exactly, and right now, we don't have anything approaching that.

Actually, the majority is pro-Choice.

No, actually it's almost dead even, statistically. This is not "general agreement" by any definition.

Well I guess the next time she has unprotected sexual intercourse she'll remember this! It's not fun to carry a fetus for 9 months, your actions have consequences. Of course, this would completely dry up your source of pussy because no woman in her right mind would want to risk spawning your stupid gene.

Guy, the only person who probably has a problem getting pussy is someone who spouts misogynistic shit like you spew here every day.

If it's misogynistic to not believe women have the right to kill inconvenient people, then, oh fucking well.

No, I'm tuning it out for the same reason gun advocates are against bans on assault weapons. Once you get the camel's nose into the tent, the rest of the camel follows.

Not giving you fools an INCH on this issue.

Well what happened to your well articulated point that "we have to have general agreement that it's right?" How do we ever get there if you are unwilling to budge?

Let me clue you in here, you will ultimately have to compromise on this issue. Because it's not going away and half of us aren't going to change our viewpoint to yours.

Well what happened to your well articulated point that "we have to have general agreement that it's right?" How do we ever get there if you are unwilling to budge?

Let me clue you in here, you will ultimately have to compromise on this issue. Because it's not going away and half of us aren't going to change our viewpoint to yours.

No, I don't have to budge an inch. Here's the thing you keep forgetting

THE REPUBLICANS ARE PLAYING YOU!!!!!

I mean, I realize that you don't understand this, but its' what I figured out when they threw the 2008 election rather than even take the RISK that Huckabee might be the nominee. It's when I stopped being Republican and stopped giving a fuck about the social issues.

The GOP cares about doing whatever it has to do to make the rich wealthier.

They don't give a fuck about abortion. They don't give a fuck about the gays. They don't care about prayer in Schools.

So yeah, what they'll end up doing is talking all this shit about how much they care about little fetuses to get stupid people like you to vote against your own economic interests.

But at the end of the day, the people they appoint to the courts will keep upholding Roe v. Wade and striking down stupid abortion laws because

1) They don't want to lose this issue to keep playing you.
2) They dont want women to rise up and smite them for restricting their right to choose
3) They don't want to have the kind of wealth redistribution 1 million more unwanted babies a year will require.

I am really, really, sorry that you are so stone-dead stupid that you don't get this.

I mean, I realize that you don't understand this, but its' what I figured out when they threw the 2008 election rather than even take the RISK that Huckabee might be the nominee. It's when I stopped being Republican and stopped giving a fuck about the social issues.

They don't give a fuck about abortion. They don't give a fuck about the gays. They don't care about prayer in Schools.

So yeah, what they'll end up doing is talking all this shit about how much they care about little fetuses to get stupid people like you to vote against your own economic interests.

But at the end of the day, the people they appoint to the courts will keep upholding Roe v. Wade and striking down stupid abortion laws because

2) They dont want women to rise up and smite them for restricting their right to choose
3) They don't want to have the kind of wealth redistribution 1 million more unwanted babies a year will require.

I am really, really, sorry that you are so stone-dead stupid that you don't get this.

When you get all that hate out of your system for the Republicans and Christians, maybe we can have a civil conversation? I totally disagree with your assessment on Roe v. Wade and I predict it will be modified within our lifetime. I'm surprised a liberal who is all about social justice wouldn't realize this. You're not going to keep killing a million people per year for vanity and convenience, society will not allow that behavior to continue unchecked. I don't care how right you think it is or how much you want to deny what you are doing by living in denial of scientific fact. You'll keep being schooled and exposed in threads like this and society will ultimately find a resolve we can all live with. Change is coming, and we may have to wait until bigots like you have died off, but eventually the rights of the unborn are going to be protected.

When you get all that hate out of your system for the Republicans and Christians, maybe we can have a civil conversation?

I have civil conversations with people who can think. Not ones who spew whatever shit they heard while holding up a placard with a picture of medical waste on it.

I totally disagree with your assessment on Roe v. Wade and I predict it will be modified within our lifetime. I'm surprised a liberal who is all about social justice wouldn't realize this. You're not going to keep killing a million people per year for vanity and convenience, society will not allow that behavior to continue unchecked.

You see, this is where you are kind of an idiot. Roe wasn't some radical decision. Roe was just affirming what the reality of the time was. Women who had unwanted pregnancies got rid of them. The doctors did them, wrote something else on the chart if they were the kinds who kept charts. The justices (Five of them Republicans) recognized that these laws were a sham and struck them down. they certainly aren't going to ever put sham laws back into place.

I don't care how right you think it is or how much you want to deny what you are doing by living in denial of scientific fact. You'll keep being schooled and exposed in threads like this and society will ultimately find a resolve we can all live with. Change is coming, and we may have to wait until bigots like you have died off, but eventually the rights of the unborn are going to be protected.

Uh, no, they aren't. RIght now, you have a generation of child-bearing women who have never known a time when they couldn't end their pregnancies. They aren't going back, ever.

Shit, Republican women torpedoed the post-20 week abortion ban you guys wanted so bad. You can't even win the argument when it somewhat favors you amongst yourselves.

Mark my words ass clown. Abortion laws will be reformed. You can deny science and call a fetus "medical waste" as long as you like, it shows what an absolute illiterate idiot you are. You can demagogue these threads with hate-speak on Conservatives and Christians, and it won't mean anything in the end. This is an issue of human rights and human rights will ultimately prevail, like it or not.

You said it best yourself, we have to all generally agree on what is right. As it stands, we don't agree on this and those who are pro life are not going to change their minds. For the time being, that suits you just fine because the SCOTUS has ruled in your favor and politics have been swaying your way, but those are things that change with the times.

Every poll that I've seen on abortion shows we are certainly not becoming more pro-choice. We're still pretty evenly divided on this in spite of your delusions. The numbers aren't changing, the pro life movement is not going away.

Mark my words ass clown. Abortion laws will be reformed.

Guy, I've been hearing that shit for 35 years now. And at the end of the day, they pass some chicken shit law the courts strike down.

You can deny science and call a fetus "medical waste" as long as you like, it shows what an absolute illiterate idiot you are.

The only science that counts is that a fetus will not stop the trajectory of a woman who has a plan for her life it doesn't fit into. I've told this story before, so I'll tell it again. I knew a gal when I was in the service. She wasn't dating me, she was dating a fellow NCO. And when he didn't make good on his promises to marry her, she "forgot" to take her birth control pills and got knocked up. When he still didn't make good on it, she had it sucked into a medical waste bin. Then she got back together with this same guy a year later and the same thing happened.

And do you know what her reasoning was? Well, she was brought up in a strict Asian Catholic home, and her parents really thought she was still a virgin at 22.

You can demagogue these threads with hate-speak on Conservatives and Christians, and it won't mean anything in the end. This is an issue of human rights and human rights will ultimately prevail, like it or not.

Being a student of human history, what I've discovered is that "human rights" are an illusion and human life is actually pretty cheap.

You said it best yourself, we have to all generally agree on what is right. As it stands, we don't agree on this and those who are pro life are not going to change their minds. For the time being, that suits you just fine because the SCOTUS has ruled in your favor and politics have been swaying your way, but those are things that change with the times.

You see, guy, if that were the case, then you'd have won by now. Of the 12 SCOTUS appointments made since 1973, 8 of those have been Republicans. All 7 of the Jurists who voted for Roe had been replaced by 1994. And do you know what happened? All those mostly republican justices STILL voted to keep Roe in place.

Every poll that I've seen on abortion shows we are certainly not becoming more pro-choice. We're still pretty evenly divided on this in spite of your delusions. The numbers aren't changing, the pro life movement is not going away.

Well, I'm sure stupid fucks like you will continue to get played because you never smarten up. But the Abortion laws won't change for the reasons I've already detailed.

The only science that counts is that a fetus will not stop the trajectory of a woman who has a plan for her life it doesn't fit into.

No, the science that counts is that the fetus is a human life, which according to our constitution, should have equally inalienable rights to the mother or any other person. You have not presented anything to contradict that fact.

I've told this story before, so I'll tell it again. I knew a gal when I was in the service. She wasn't dating me, she was dating a fellow NCO. And when he didn't make good on his promises to marry her, she "forgot" to take her birth control pills and got knocked up. When he still didn't make good on it, she had it sucked into a medical waste bin. Then she got back together with this same guy a year later and the same thing happened.

And do you know what her reasoning was? Well, she was brought up in a strict Asian Catholic home, and her parents really thought she was still a virgin at 22.

I have no use for anecdotal stories which are probably not even true. If it is true, I am dreadfully sorry this Asian Catholic woman influenced your disdain and disrespect for human life. She was wrong and you are wrong, so are the millions of people who've chosen to kill their babies. You're not going to be right in 5 years or 10 years, or even in 100 years.

Being a student of human history, what I've discovered is that "human rights" are an illusion and human life is actually pretty cheap.

And this says all we need to know about you. This totally explains why you have so little regard for human life and consider it dispensable and disposable. People like you are dangerous. Whenever you can find justifications to terminate the most innocent and precious human life, there are really no moral boundaries you aren't willing to breach.

You see, guy, if that were the case, then you'd have won by now. Of the 12 SCOTUS appointments made since 1973, 8 of those have been Republicans. All 7 of the Jurists who voted for Roe had been replaced by 1994. And do you know what happened? All those mostly republican justices STILL voted to keep Roe in place.

I guess I need to remind you that SCOTUS upheld slavery for 86 years before human rights prevailed. I'm sure immoral asswipes crowed just like you through that whole time period, it didn't matter in the end, human rights prevailed... Human rights are always going to prevail. We waited over a century before women were allowed to vote, we waited until 1964 before black people were given Civil Rights, and this is really not any different. It may take 50 years, it may take 100 years, but eventually human rights are going to prevail. Get used to that!

Well, I'm sure stupid fucks like you will continue to get played because you never smarten up. But the Abortion laws won't change for the reasons I've already detailed.

Yes, the abortion laws WILL change. It might not be in our lifetime, but it's going to happen. I don't care how smart you think you are or how stupid you think I am, neither has anything to do with this issue. You endorse something that violates basic human rights for the sake of vanity and convenience. Your arguments take the same exact tone as those who supported slavery. The SCOTUS backs you up, so people like me can fuck off... But we're not going away. And just as abolition eventually prevailed, so will the recognized rights of the unborn. There's nothing you can do to stop this, it's Social Progress. I'm surprised more liberals don't recognize this.

ROFLMNAO!

Sweet mother what a load of feckless nonsense.

No, the science that counts is that the fetus is a human life, which according to our constitution, should have equally inalienable rights to the mother or any other person. You have not presented anything to contradict that fact.

Again - Japanese Americans, 1942. That's how much "rights" really matter. There are no "rights", there's just what society will tolerate. And except for the crazy fringe who stand out in front of Abortion Clinics with pictures of medical waste screaming "baby killer", the vast majority of us don't want to live in the kind of society that regulates a lady's hoo-ha.

I have no use for anecdotal stories which are probably not even true. If it is true, I am dreadfully sorry this Asian Catholic woman influenced your disdain and disrespect for human life. She was wrong and you are wrong, so are the millions of people who've chosen to kill their babies. You're not going to be right in 5 years or 10 years, or even in 100 years.

No, she influenced my disdain for religious people (although I was already working pretty hard on that) who say one thing and do another. The key thing is, as much as you religious nuts talk smack about "babies" and "human life", when push comes to shove, you're probably MORE likely to stick them in the medical waste containers. Usually because you aren't smart enough to use birth control.

It's why the Red States have a higher abortion rate than the blue states.

And this says all we need to know about you. This totally explains why you have so little regard for human life and consider it dispensable and disposable. People like you are dangerous. Whenever you can find justifications to terminate the most innocent and precious human life, there are really no moral boundaries you aren't willing to breach.

Again, guy, I'm not the one who wants to yank food out of the mouths of hungry children to give tax cuts to rich people. That's all on you guys. I'm the one who wants to avoid creating hungry children to start with.

I guess I need to remind you that SCOTUS upheld slavery for 86 years before human rights prevailed. I'm sure immoral asswipes crowed just like you through that whole time period, it didn't matter in the end, human rights prevailed... Human rights are always going to prevail. We waited over a century before women were allowed to vote, we waited until 1964 before black people were given Civil Rights, and this is really not any different. It may take 50 years, it may take 100 years, but eventually human rights are going to prevail. Get used to that!

Women and Black people advocated for themselves. Fetuses can't because they aren't people.

And again, if you really think abortions weren't happening BEFORE Roe v. Wade, you are delusional. Instead of invoking Dred Scott, you should be thinking more like Prohibition. It was a stupid law that everyone ignored until it was struck down. That's a much better analogy.

Yes, the abortion laws WILL change. It might not be in our lifetime, but it's going to happen. I don't care how smart you think you are or how stupid you think I am, neither has anything to do with this issue. You endorse something that violates basic human rights for the sake of vanity and convenience. Your arguments take the same exact tone as those who supported slavery. The SCOTUS backs you up, so people like me can fuck off... But we're not going away. And just as abolition eventually prevailed, so will the recognized rights of the unborn. There's nothing you can do to stop this, it's Social Progress. I'm surprised more liberals don't recognize this.

Actually, guy, what's probably going to change is that over the counter abortion pills will become more common than surgical abortions. Then this issue goes quietly into women's bathrooms and you all have even less to say about it.

I actually don't have a problem with the "morning after" pill .If we are going to arbitrarily terminate innocent human life it is far better to do it pre-fetal stage, before it has begun to develop a central nervous system and vital organs. I don't have nearly the moral problem as I do with mid to late term fetal abortions.

And yep... I wanna regulate them hoo-has! I want to make the hoo-has accountable for the actions they take when they involve the life of another human being. I want to regulate ding-a-lings too! I favor mandatory DNA testing to find out who da baby daddy, and hold his sorry ass accountable as well.

We're not going to keep using abortion for birth control.

Fetuses can't because they aren't people.

Same logic applied to the slaves. The slaves didn't free themselves, they had no political voice. The abolitionists were their voice, for many years, through many bitter SCOTUS defeats. It took a Civil War and a series of Constitutional amendments, but human rights prevailed as they always shall.

Same logic applied to the slaves. The slaves didn't free themselves, they had no political voice. The abolitionists were their voice, for many years, through many bitter SCOTUS defeats. It took a Civil War and a series of Constitutional amendments, but human rights prevailed as they always shall.

Well, they did in the fact that they spoke out against slavery and even formed regiments to fight the Confederacy.

And yep... I wanna regulate them hoo-has! I want to make the hoo-has accountable for the actions they take when they involve the life of another human being. I want to regulate ding-a-lings too! I favor mandatory DNA testing to find out who da baby daddy, and hold his sorry ass accountable as well.

Well, funny thing. I actually like living in America where the government doesn't regulate our sex lives.

I actually don't have a problem with the "morning after" pill .If we are going to arbitrarily terminate innocent human life it is far better to do it pre-fetal stage, before it has begun to develop a central nervous system and vital organs. I don't have nearly the moral problem as I do with mid to late term fetal abortions.

We're not going to keep using abortion for birth control.

Fetuses can't because they aren't people.

It's refreshing to hear an authoritarian conservative admit he's an authoritarian conservative.

Well, they did in the fact that they spoke out against slavery and even formed regiments to fight the Confederacy.

Well, funny thing. I actually like living in America where the government doesn't regulate our sex lives.

First of all, I stated that the slaves did not free themeselves. You did not negate that fact. Fetuses don't speak out against abortion and fight the pro-choice movement because they aren't able to do this, so I speak for them like the abolitionists spoke for the slaves.

And the government certainly does regulate our sex lives. You can't masturbate or have sex in public, that is regulated by government. You can't have sex without consent, the government regulates that. You can't strangle someone to death whilst having sex, the government regulates how far you can go. You can't have sex with minors... government, meddling in your sex life!

You live in America where ALL PEOPLE have unalienable human rights. At some point, that should also include the unborn humans.

First of all, I stated that the slaves did not free themeselves. You did not negate that fact. Fetuses don't speak out against abortion and fight the pro-choice movement because they aren't able to do this, so I speak for them like the abolitionists spoke for the slaves.

I think you need to look up Frederick Douglas and the 54th Massachusetts. Slaves did fight for their own freedom. Fetuses - not so much. Because they aren't people.

And the government certainly does regulate our sex lives. You can't masturbate or have sex in public, that is regulated by government. You can't have sex without consent, the government regulates that. You can't strangle someone to death whilst having sex, the government regulates how far you can go. You can't have sex with minors... government, meddling in your sex life!

Those are reasonable restrictions. Trying to ban abortion isn't.

I think you need to look up Frederick Douglas and the 54th Massachusetts. Slaves did fight for their own freedom. Fetuses - not so much. Because they aren't people.

Those are reasonable restrictions. Trying to ban abortion isn't.

Well, we've already established science says fetuses are little human people in the fetal stage of development. Lying to yourself doesn't change the facts. It's going to be a while before they are able to speak and even longer before they learn the concept of freedom... none of this changes what they are or what they are entitled to.

Fredrick Douglass and the 54th Massachusetts did not free the slaves. .They had no political voice and couldn't even vote. Those who held your wrongheaded view that human life is only human life when we say so, wouldn't even acknowledge Douglass was homo sapien. Denial of reality didn't help them and it won't help you, human rights will always prevail in the end.

It does not matter if you think a restriction is "reasonable" that has nothing to do with your statement that government shouldn't restrict our sexual behavior. Now you are saying that government SHOULD restrict our sexual behaviors as long as those reasons are anointed "reasonable" by you. Well who the fuck died and made you our goddamn King? Why do you believe you are entitled to the luxury of hypocrisy on this?

Well, we've already established science says fetuses are little human people in the fetal stage of development. Lying to yourself doesn't change the facts. It's going to be a while before they are able to speak and even longer before they learn the concept of freedom... none of this changes what they are or what they are entitled to.

Yup, they are entitled to nutrients if the owner of the womb they are in wants it.

Otherwise, off to the medical waste container with you!

Fredrick Douglass and the 54th Massachusetts did not free the slaves. .They had no political voice and couldn't even vote. Those who held your wrongheaded view that human life is only human life when we say so, wouldn't even acknowledge Douglass was homo sapien. Denial of reality didn't help them and it won't help you, human rights will always prevail in the end.

Slavery wasn't ended through a vote. It was ended because the North Gob-smacked the South. But just not hard enough because they still don't think they did anything wrong. And the Bible had more to do with keeping them in slavery than science.

It does not matter if you think a restriction is "reasonable" that has nothing to do with your statement that government shouldn't restrict our sexual behavior. Now you are saying that government SHOULD restrict our sexual behaviors as long as those reasons are anointed "reasonable" by you. Well who the fuck died and made you our goddamn King? Why do you believe you are entitled to the luxury of hypocrisy on this?

I think it's a matter of being annointed reasonable by society. Look, guy, you aren't going to get your way on this one. Even if you got Roe revisited, after 50 million abortions, women just aren't going to tolerate it being banned.

Yup, they are entitled to nutrients if the owner of the womb they are in wants it.

Maybe you're entitled to nutrients only if a power of authority wants you?

Slavery wasn't ended through a vote. It was ended because the North Gob-smacked the South. But just not hard enough because they still don't think they did anything wrong. And the Bible had more to do with keeping them in slavery than science.

Slavery was most certainly ended through a vote, how do you think we obtained the 13th and 14th Amendments? No... it wasn't Liberal Authoritarian Rulers who did that by SCOTUS decree, it was through ratification of those Amendments by the States through the voting process.

The Bible is the whole entire reason for an abolition movement. The "Science" of the time was used to claim that "Negroids" were a separate species. You obviously don't know what the hell you're talking about.

I think it's a matter of being annointed reasonable by society. Look, guy, you aren't going to get your way on this one. Even if you got Roe revisited, after 50 million abortions, women just aren't going to tolerate it being banned.

By Society... NOT BY YOU! Fucktard!

Look guy, I will eventually get MY way on this, which isn't a BAN on abortion. As I have stated, I am not an extremist like you. I do not demand that all of society conform to my personal views on abortion. That's YOUR shtick, that's what YOU like to do! I am someone who believes free people have the right to establish their own moral boundaries for the society in which they live and this includes establishing rights for the unborn and boundaries to the practice of abortion.

This is purely a human rights issue for me. I believe the fetus should be allowed basic human rights (the right to live) at some point. I'm reasonable, we can define that arbitrary line where this should happen, but we're not going to pretend that human life is something else. Does not compute.

A lot of Right-to-lifers disagree with my view and are more extreme (like you) and they believe life is sacred at conception, a creation of God, and must be protected from that point on. I can't pretend to know when or if "God" bestows souls or such as that, it's all a theological speculation. I simply rely on Science and the fact that the fetus begins to develop a central nervous system at about 12 weeks. This is the point at which the organism will begin to recognize pain and starts to take on physical characteristics of an actual human. So abortions before 12 weeks don't really bother me as much... it's sad, I wish they didn't happen... it's still human life... but I can live with allowing a portion of society to have that option available.

Slavery was most certainly ended through a vote, how do you think we obtained the 13th and 14th Amendments? No... it wasn't Liberal Authoritarian Rulers who did that by SCOTUS decree, it was through ratification of those Amendments by the States through the voting process.

The Bible is the whole entire reason for an abolition movement. The "Science" of the time was used to claim that "Negroids" were a separate species. You obviously don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Science of the time claimed no such thing. But the bible said Slavery just just peachy with God. The bible is why Slavery continued so long as it did. The assholes pointed to the bible and say, "See, God Says so!"

And, no, the passage of the 13th Amendment doesn't mean that much if it was done at gunpoint and people who had fought for the Confederacy weren't allowed to vote. It was done by force of arms.

Look guy, I will eventually get MY way on this, which isn't a BAN on abortion. As I have stated, I am not an extremist like you. I do not demand that all of society conform to my personal views on abortion. That's YOUR shtick, that's what YOU like to do! I am someone who believes free people have the right to establish their own moral boundaries for the society in which they live and this includes establishing rights for the unborn and boundaries to the practice of abortion.

You are totally free to establish moral boundries- THAT ONLY APPLY TO YOU. Given your personality makes your ability to get laid questionable at best, I'm sure the abortion issue will never come up.

This is purely a human rights issue for me. I believe the fetus should be allowed basic human rights (the right to live) at some point. I'm reasonable, we can define that arbitrary line where this should happen, but we're not going to pretend that human life is something else. Does not compute.

No need for an arbitrary line at all. When the woman and her doctor think it's appropriate. That's the only line I need. If it pisses off the bible thumpers, that's icing in the cake.

Forum List

Back