‘Corrective’ Actions Possible If NYPD Arrest Statistics Continue To Go South

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Well now this is exactly what I predicted would happen, not that it was that hard.

I thought that the police having quotas was against the law? Or at least we've been told they don't have quotas.

Does this mean the number of tickets handed out to white people will be on the sharp rise? Just asking.

8216 Corrective 8217 Actions Possible If NYPD Arrest Statistics Continue To Go South CBS New York

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork)
— The city is considering possible legal action against NYPD officers who aren’t writing enough tickets.

CBS2 has been reporting on the dramatic drop in the number of parking and traffic violations, and on Thursday political reporter Marcia Kramer learned that Mayor Bill de Blasio’s administration is weighing all of its options.

NYC needs and loves the revenue from tickets.
Now with cameras all over the tickets are coming in the mail.
I got one recently for speeding in a school zone.
A friend of mine did a family member a favor and picked the kid up from school.
Every day for over a week the lady would exit the school drive a block then make a right.
The problem was that one block she drove was a bus lane.
She had no idea the camera was recording this....

Then the tickets start arriving....
I think she got 7 or 8....

Over $800.00

She went before a judge claiming she had no idea she did anything wrong....

She had to pay all the tickets.

NYC needs and loves the revenue from tickets.
Now with cameras all over the tickets are coming in the mail.
I got one recently for speeding in a school zone.
A friend of mine did a family member a favor and picked the kid up from school.
Every day for over a week the lady would exit the school drive a block then make a right.
The problem was that one block she drove was a bus lane.
She had no idea the camera was recording this....

Then the tickets start arriving....
I think she got 7 or 8....

Over $800.00

She went before a judge claiming she had no idea she did anything wrong....

She had to pay all the tickets.

1984 already?

My question for the judge, who was driving the car. Probably would not get you much but unless identifiable they are giving a car a ticket.

Best thing to do when caught is to throw yourself on the mercy of the courts and you might not get points, you'll still have to pay but points means paying twice in my opinion. Maybe they don't have a points system in NY?

I guess the Police will be willing to take a pay cut...if they don't "earn their Keep", betcha the next city action is to cut their pay....and or/to cut their staff? This is only viewed for financial reasons...profitability.... which I thought gvt's were never profitable, but I bet in NYC, the cops are the profit makers with their tickets....even with having to pay cops, they probably come out ahead?

Have these slacker cops DEFINED what they want with their strike, so to say?

Why are they doing this? For what purpose? For more money in their union contract negotiation going on? To hurt their own city where it counts, in the pocket book?

To have the mayor put them on some pedestal for killing Garner and say before the citizens that the killing of garner was justified and would continue to happen to the next unarmed man or woman, white or black if they simply say, quit messing me, man?

I used to adore the men in blue, but these brats in NYC, are making me change my mind on that.....AMEN!

Regular crime will not go up of this for now because of the cold weather. Once it warms up though, watch out.

Broken window policing is what brought NYC back from the hell of the 70's and early 80's. If people think it can't slide back down that way, they are fooling themselves.

I guess the Police will be willing to take a pay cut...if they don't "earn their Keep", betcha the next city action is to cut their pay....and or/to cut their staff? This is only viewed for financial reasons...profitability.... which I thought gvt's were never profitable, but I bet in NYC, the cops are the profit makers with their tickets....even with having to pay cops, they probably come out ahead?

Why are they doing this? For what purpose? For more money in their union contract negotiation going on? To hurt their own city where it counts, in the pocket book?

To have the mayor put them on some pedestal for killing Garner and say before the citizens that the killing of garner was justified and would continue to happen to the next unarmed man or woman, white or black if they simply say, quit messing me, man?

I used to adore the men in blue, but these brats in NYC, are making me change my mind on that.....AMEN!

Maybe the crime rate has dropped due to the cold weather caused by CC.

Progressives make all these chickenshit laws, they disarm their own citizens, they create generational poverty nexuses, they pad public unions with great salaries and benefits, and then they are shocked when the police end up being a modern version of the Praetorian Guard?

Progressives make all these chickenshit laws, they disarm their own citizens, they create generational poverty nexuses, they pad public unions with great salaries and benefits, and then they are shocked when the police end up being a modern version of the Praetorian Guard?

I am thinking that unless the criminal was on tape firing a gun at me I would not try and stop the crime. Why? Garner was going to beat the crap out of the cop and the cop fought back in the only way he had and he has been vilified. Wall off the black communities and let them police themselves. Now I don't expect anyone to really do that but do you see where the Mayor not supporting his police officers lead. Yeah people can call the police babies but they are putting their lives on the line trying to protect people that apparently have no respect for them, so why try?

I am thinking that unless the criminal was on tape firing a gun at me I would not try and stop the crime. Why? Garner was going to beat the crap out of the cop and the cop fought back in the only way he had and he has been vilified. Wall off the black communities and let them police themselves. Now I don't expect anyone to really do that but do you see where the Mayor not supporting his police officers lead. Yeah people can call the police babies but they are putting their lives on the line trying to protect people that apparently have no respect for them, so why try?

it's their job to enforce the law, and because we give them the power to arrest people without (most) consequences they have to be held to a higher standard, due to said power. That being said people should follow the lawful order of a police officer to submit to arrest.

However there HAS to be a mechanism to compensate someone who has been falsely arrested, or REALLY punish a police officer who violates field regulations. The unionization of police departments means that getting rid of cops who are assholes has become next to impossible. The high power of the job requires the ability to get rid of people who cannot handle it, and right now we do not have that. We have a Praetorian Guard, which has more power than it should have.

Garner was going to beat the crap out of the cops? And your proof?

STOP LYING

Garner was going to beat the crap out of the cops? And your proof?

STOP LYING

Sorry, got the two latest incidents mixed up. I meant Brown.

BTW I don't see any reason anyone should ever be choked.

Last edited:

it's their job to enforce the law, and because we give them the power to arrest people without (most) consequences they have to be held to a higher standard, due to said power. That being said people should follow the lawful order of a police officer to submit to arrest.

However there HAS to be a mechanism to compensate someone who has been falsely arrested, or REALLY punish a police officer who violates field regulations. The unionization of police departments means that getting rid of cops who are assholes has become next to impossible. The high power of the job requires the ability to get rid of people who cannot handle it, and right now we do not have that. We have a Praetorian Guard, which has more power than it should have.

I agree that people should obey the law and the police orders. In an ideal world that is what holds together society. The problem comes when police act stupidly. The siege at Waco being one of the bigger incidents. Rodney King being another. Myself I have been pulled over twice in the last 5 or so years for "weaving between the lines." I don't even know what that is let how that violates any law. In both incidents it was night and in one I saw the cop race into a parking lot pull a uturn then come up behind me and follow me on a winding road for about 2 miles then he pulls me over to explain about the fog line and the center line. I wanted to say something about him following me a car lengths away but held my tongue and didn't get a ticket. The second time a car zooms out of the night and starts riding my tail. I suspect it is a cop and was right. He pulls me over and says I was weaving between the lines. Again, I said say what? He says he has it on video? Well again I bite my tongue and am polite and he doesn't give me a ticket for the violation I never committed. I kinda resent the second one because when he put his lights on I started looking for a save place to pull over but apparently 5 seconds was too long and he sounded his siren. So I stopped where he couldn't get off the road but I could.

The point being is that if the police do this to people just driving down the road what in the hell do they do to blacks hanging out on a street corner? Can you see how resentment can start? Not with the person driving down the road but with the police on a fishing trip pulling people over for no damn reason.

I ran borderline-illegible (and I mean from 10' away in sunlight!) plates on both my F-350's for most of ten years. Nobody said a WORD. Hell, I blocked the rear plate for most of a month (forgot to move it when I installed my sand spreader) and never had a problem--didn't realize it until I removed the sander.

If done properly, the plate looks fine...but the reflective coating is scratched to hell, and a camera flash exacerbates it. (Like trying to see through badly-scratched glasses.)

I ran borderline-illegible (and I mean from 10' away in sunlight!) plates on both my F-350's for most of ten years. Nobody said a WORD. Hell, I blocked the rear plate for most of a month (forgot to move it when I installed my sand spreader) and never had a problem--didn't realize it until I removed the sander.

If done properly, the plate looks fine...but the reflective coating is scratched to hell, and a camera flash exacerbates it. (Like trying to see through badly-scratched glasses.)

Again, if caught. Sounds like you are saying that it isn't against the law unless caught.

When will idiot liberals learn when they shit on people there will be consequences...the huge ass kicking they just took in the November elections for example. Did they think they could throw the NYPD under the bus for political purposes and the NYPD would just stand there and take it after they incited some freak to execute two police officers? You're chickens have come home to roost libs.

Forum List

Back