The Pharmaceutical Cartel: America’s wealthiest and most influential lobbyists

Figaro

VIP Member
Jul 23, 2014
Unfortunately, there is an unholy marriage between the pharmaceutical companies and government. The pharmaceutical industry is one of the largest political lobby in the US, spending over $244 million dollars on lobbying. Watch this segment from the news show 60 Minutes to see how lobbyists influence Congress, remembering that the legal drug companies are the biggest lobbyists in America today:
!

The pharmaceutical cartel today does not want Americans to use any other products other than the ones they sell, and the ones the government approves. And the government pretty much does everything the pharmaceutical lobby wants them to do. 2011 saw several stories of families choosing natural treatments over the “approved” legal drugs, and then be attacked for their decisions, with the government coming in and taking children away from their parents who don’t follow their drug program.
This is just represent of how the pharmaceutical cartel influences government to take away your freedom to choose your own treatments and products. If their influence over what is a legal drug and what is not continues, soon we will have no choices left legally but to use their toxic and often worthless products, and all other effective and natural products will become part of the illegal black market.

You could always do what you have been doing. Self medicate with crack, pot and heroin. Then you die.

Unfortunately, there is an unholy marriage between the pharmaceutical companies and government. The pharmaceutical industry is one of the largest political lobby in the US, spending over $244 million dollars on lobbying. Watch this segment from the news show 60 Minutes to see how lobbyists influence Congress, remembering that the legal drug companies are the biggest lobbyists in America today:
!

The pharmaceutical cartel today does not want Americans to use any other products other than the ones they sell, and the ones the government approves. And the government pretty much does everything the pharmaceutical lobby wants them to do. 2011 saw several stories of families choosing natural treatments over the “approved” legal drugs, and then be attacked for their decisions, with the government coming in and taking children away from their parents who don’t follow their drug program.
This is just represent of how the pharmaceutical cartel influences government to take away your freedom to choose your own treatments and products. If their influence over what is a legal drug and what is not continues, soon we will have no choices left legally but to use their toxic and often worthless products, and all other effective and natural products will become part of the illegal black market.

Yes, the pill problem did not begin by accident; as of 2010, 60% more painkillers were prescribed in the US than in 2000. I posted a link a months, or a year, or so ago. There have been armed robberies in my area of Florida, the drug of choice is PILLS.

You could always do what you have been doing. Self medicate with crack, pot and heroin. Then you die.
The pharmaceutical cartel today does not want Americans eating healthy food or taking effective vitamin supplements. They cost us twice as much money as the military and take far more lives.

!

Yes, the pill problem did not begin by accident; as of 2010, 60% more painkillers were prescribed in the US than in 2000. I posted a link a months, or a year, or so ago. There have been armed robberies in my area of Florida, the drug of choice is PILLS.

There is also a black market for healthy foods that the pharmaceutical industry don't want you to have.

!

Any idea who the pharmaceutical cartel is? Do you think it predates prohibition?

The pharmaceutical cartel today does not want Americans eating healthy food or taking effective vitamin supplements. They cost us twice as much money as the military and take far more lives.

It isn't just big-pharma driving government regulation of healthy food choices, big-ag also has an army of lobbyists buying off our so-called representatives.

I've worked with pot heads for years. They're just as healthy as anyone else. There are a lot of prescriptions much more toxic than crack and heroin.

I took two Tylenol in 2010. I still am not happy with that decision.
And how much raw milk have you consumed?

zero. I can't stand raw milk, Haven't drank any since my grandmother had a milk cow in the early 1980s
Why? Do you prefer pasteurized milk? There is very little difference in taste.

There is to me, I don't know I just yuck. And I don't like farm eggs or real butter either. But I grew up on a farm , go figure LOL

False premise. Wall Street has the richest and most powerful lobby. They spend $ one million a day on influencing legislation and regulations, and have far more former former Congressmen, Senators, chiefs of staff, and veteran committee staffers on the payroll than Big Pharma.

False premise. Wall Street has the richest and most powerful lobby. They spend $ one million a day on influencing legislation and regulations, and have far more former former Congressmen, Senators, chiefs of staff, and veteran committee staffers on the payroll than Big Pharma.
Pardon my 5th grade education but who is Wall Street?

Forum List

Back